• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, it was okay
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Title: FOMO
Air Date: April 5, 2019
Written By: Gillian M. Berrow and Kate Chilson
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): When Rainbow Dash can't hang out after school because of mysterious plans, Rarity puts her sleuth skills to the test to figure out what's up?

Even after seeing this short all the way through, I don't know exactly what FOMO stands for, although I do know it's based on the acronym, YOLO. Any ideas?

My Little Pony has done this story before but swapping Pinkie's emotional breakdown for Rarity's melodrama works pretty well. She doesn't even think twice about getting a taxi for completely petty nonsense. Makes sense for someone who could afford a limo. 

Also, "They're shopping without me. I've never felt so betrayed in all my life!" might be the most Rarity line ever. 

• Brohoof 2

Great short, I can't get enough of Rarity's drama. The 'take me home' joke was perfectly timed.

I may need to watch the rest of the shorts again, but I think this one is my favorite of S2 at the moment.

While the ending was predictable, I'm always up for some Rarity melodrama and this episode didn't disappoint.

Also  "They're shopping without me.  I never felt so betrayed in my life." Is definitely a series best worthy quote right there.

(edited)

And

21 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Title: FOMO
Air Date: April 5, 2019
Written By: Gillian M. Berrow and Kate Chilson
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): When Rainbow Dash can't hang out after school because of mysterious plans, Rarity puts her sleuth skills to the test to figure out what's up?

Even after seeing this short all the way through, I don't know exactly what FOMO stands for, although I do know it's based on the acronym, YOLO. Any ideas?

And this is why I HATE people using acronyms online as it can leave someone not familiar with the subject completely lost. In this case however I can answer your question because I ran into it before and had to find out what it meant. Assuming I was told the truth its a reference to people feeling an amazing, exciting event is happening without them in response to social media posts or in this case her following them and finding out they went shopping without her. An exciting day of shopping and they didn't want her along that inspired Rarities "Fear Of Missing Out." on shopping. Also I agree her line there and her reactions really are wonderful.

Edited by Senko

I wasn't expecting this short to even exist given that I was more fixated on the season nine premiere, but now that I've watched this one, I find it to be innocent and full of fun with Rarity once again showing us how extreme she can be. Does FOMO mean 'Fear of Missing Out'? It's an acronym I'm not all that familiar with--I'm old so some are beyond my time.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Enjoyable, but I actually didn't know what FOMO meant before watching this.

Edited by Cash_In

• 2 months later...