Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
Message added by Jeric

There will be spoilers within, please be forewarned.

Uprooted  

110 users have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike?

• Everyone: *gasps in horror* Gallus: Sandbar, where's the tree?! (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Smolder: Bor-ing! (I dislike it!)
    • Young Six: *looks at each other unassuredly* (…meh…)
    • Smolder: Yeah. Like a bunch of different parts all smushed together. Silverstream *hugs friends*: Oh, it's just like us! (I like it!)
    • Yona: Yona think it's perfect! (I LOVE IT!)

(edited)

Title: Uprooted
Air Date: April 13, 2019 — 11:30am
Written By: Nicole Dubuc
Synopsis: The Young Six respond to a magical summons from the Tree of Harmony, only to learn it has been destroyed, and it is up to them to figure out how best to memorialize it.

Watch live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse!

YouTube/Daily Motion Link:

Spoiler

Weekly Comic - 

Bingo Thread - Click here to join in (just for fun). 

Bingo Results this week - 

Pick a Flaw Thread - 

Highlighted User Reactions -

User Blog Index -

Notable Fan Art -

Notable Fics - 

Possible Reaction and Emote Thread - 

Tweets from the Staff and Crew - 

HOW DO YOU SUBMIT ANYTHING YOU WANT COLLECTED IN THE OP?

Send me a PM and I'll review and add it as long as it is within the first few weeks of the episodes airing (or is really really amazing)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
Added episode link, review.
  • Brohoof 6

• The topic was locked
  • This topic was unlocked and featured

I can already see where it will go, but predictable plots don't bother me. I'm hoping the Students get to work off each other quite well.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

I can already see where it will go, but predictable plots don't bother me. I'm hoping the Students get to work off each other quite well.

I could guess some things, but I don't really see it.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/5/2019 at 3:48 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

The Young Six respond to a magical summons from the Tree of Harmony, only to learn it has been destroyed, and it is up to them to figure out how best to memorialize it.

I'm predicting another tree shaped chandelier in the middle of the School of Friendship's entryway. :P

• Brohoof 2

I see this happening not long after the events of the premiere - I'm thinking right after the Mane 6 defeat King Sombra - which should offer a different perspective to everything.

• Brohoof 2

46 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I see this happening not long after the events of the premiere - I'm thinking right after the Mane 6 defeat King Sombra - which should offer a different perspective to everything.

I can't wait for the inevitable "Yeah, King Sombra killed me, but don't worry, I helped send him crying back to hell!" conversation the Tree of Harmony will have with the Student 6. :mlp_icwudt:

Just now, CloudMistDragon said:

I can't wait for the inevitable "Yeah, King Sombra killed me, but don't worry, I helped send him crying back to hell!" conversation the Tree of Harmony will have with the Student 6. :mlp_icwudt:

Yeah, like I said, the Tree of Harmony  may be destroyed, but the SPIRIT of Harmony itself lives on!

I swear someone outta dub a line over the Spirit of Harmony like Braveheart. 

"They may take our tree but they will never take our POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!"

Or something like that ...

• Brohoof 3

Elsewhere, I said I most looked forward to Frenimies the most from here on forward til the end of May. That doesn't make others such as this not so anticipating. Last year foreshadowed the thought of the Student Six eventually succeeding their professors. Every event last week may be the last step towards that moment.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

She made him go to the tea party to show his feminine side :P

• Brohoof 1

I feel like they are gonna have another test again in this episode, but this time, for each element they will represent. You know that scene in the trailer with the Young 6 looking at the destroyed tree?Well, they have to go through the Everfree Forest. Which is pretty wild right now if you ask me. They would probably have to fight through it just to get to the cave where the Tree originally was. And the Tree would've been observing if its spirit was still around. Like making the Everfree Forest a real test for them to go through, like the first episodes of MLP.

Or, maybe their actions while making the memorial for it will be a test as well, where they have to work together to make it. And then when they finish or place the memorial where the tree was, it could do a trigger that will transport them to where that scene is with the ToH and Young 6 in the trailer. Like the Magical Mystery Cure, or something. Makes sense to put references to the earlier episodes of MLP since this is the last season, making fans nolstalgic or something. Eh, I'm just putting ideas out there.

Let's just say, I'm looking foward to this episode. Curious to what this one brings! 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, MLPfan4567 said:

Well, they have to go through the Everfree Forest. Which is pretty wild right now if you ask me. They would probably have to fight through it just to get to the cave where the Tree originally was. And the Tree would've been observing if its spirit was still around. Like making the Everfree Forest a real test for them to go through, like the first episodes of MLP.

I didn't even think about that. The Everfree is the worst it's been since S1 so I also wonder how they'll get there? Hopefully the episode doesn't forget about that little fact and decides to do a dissolve of the students leaving and instantly arriving in the cave.

Considering the flyers-to-walkers ratio they have, and how last season showed they are quite capable of carrying Yona and Sandbar, perhaps they could simply fly over the Everfree? That's what I expected Twilight to do during "The Mean 6" (or teleport for that matter) but for some reason they chose to walk.

• Brohoof 2

Anyone else think that the Student 6 aren't gonna be the new elements, but more like the Pillars when they have their enchanted items with elemental power? Like the items the Student 6 used at the end of the season 8 finale - enchanted with friendship power! 

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

Anyone else think that the Student 6 aren't gonna be the new elements, but more like the Pillars when they have their enchanted items with elemental power? Like the items the Student 6 used at the end of the season 8 finale - enchanted with friendship power! 

That was my thought as well. The Tree may place a ‘seed’ of magic within them that will allow them to recreate the tree as their knowledge of friendship grows. The old Pillars were ponies. The New Pillars might symbolize all of Equestria. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

That was my thought as well. The Tree may place a ‘seed’ of magic within them that will allow them to recreate the tree as their knowledge of friendship grows. The old Pillars were ponies. The New Pillars might symbolize all of Equestria. 

A new generation of protectors from the Old Pillars to the Mane 6 to the Young 6 sounds just about right 

3 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

A new generation of protectors from the Old Pillars to the Mane 6 to the Young 6 sounds just about right 

Six artifacts debuted in AMoP to begin the second half and were critical vessels to Cozy's magic theft. We don't know what direction Uprooted will lead, but the six artifacts representing each tribe (and maybe their virtues) would make sense.

• Brohoof 2

I've grown to like the student six given they help to expand on the world and other races.   I'm hoping we get a comic with them even after the show ends.  Also they might be the key to bring back the Tree given it called to them. 

• Brohoof 2

I too like the Student Six, always have. I laugh when people say they don't see the point of them because their purpose is obvious. They're supposed to represent how friendship will be passed down to new generations, exemplifying the immortality of Twilight and her friends' teachings. 

On 4/10/2019 at 3:49 AM, Jeric said:

I had a theory of how the tree may be restored.

The Elements shattered, but when it did, I suddenly remembered the first episodes of MLP. Where Nightmare Moon shattered them, only for them to react to the Mane 6 and be restored.

Perhaps the Young 6 are the ones who could do that around in the finale. Maybe the tree did something with Twilight that made the Mane 6 the spirit of the Elements of Harmony before they even met. Twilight had some kind of Deja Vu when she reads something about the elements in the book. Maybe something similar to the thing that the spirit of the tree will do in this episode.

Remember when Smolder in 'What Lies Beneath' saying "The elements grew the tree?"? This could be foreshadowing.

When you plant a tree, when the tree grows, they sometimes grow fruits that have SEEDS in them. Like an Apple Tree.

The Elements could be seeds that the Tree of Harmony grew. Explains why they are very similar to the seeds that the pillars used to plant the seeds. The Pillars even mentioned that the seeds were "Crystal Seeds"

If the elements were restored, thy could go to the resting place of the Tree and grow a new Tree of Harmony, maybe as a sapling. 

22 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Where can I watch it online?

They should post a download link here in this thread. And if you're lucky, it might be on YouTube for a little bit. They also stream it in Equestria.tv

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, Califorum said:

Where can I watch it online?

It might take some time for someone to upload but it usually ends up on Dailymotion