Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want to talk about ponies and stuff. So hi!

oregon

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

I found MLP Forums while looking something up, but I forgot what it was.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

When I was younger (around 10), I was looking for online flash games because I was bored. I found Adventures in Ponyville, which led me to several full episodes they had on the website, the first one I watched being Over a Barrel.

This led me to want to watch the first few episodes, which I was able to find on YouTube. I fell in love with Princess Luna because at the time I felt like I was different and an outcast, so I could relate to her. I also thought that her being a night goddess was badass. This led me to explore fan content, which was seemingly lacking at the time. They probably had better stuff on other websites but all I knew was YouTube.

I indulged mostly in “tribute” videos, which are just slideshows. All I had was my grandparent’s computer and I could only go over there sometimes, so instead of using bookmarks I’d write down the titles to videos I liked on a piece of paper so I could remember to watch them when I went back over. This is one video I distinctly remember. It’s an example of a tribute video, though tribute isn’t in the title as it often is.

This is another one I remember, from iamnotacleverpony, who I’d love to come back.

MLP actually led me to my friendship with my current best friend and cousin. We didn’t have much to talk about before, but since she grew up watching the older generations, she started watching G4 around the same time I did. I remember the first time I mentioned it to her she started complaining about her happy meal Rainbow Dash toy and about how “Rainbow Dash doesn’t look like this” and “why are her eyes so big?”

As I grew older I began watching analysis videos as well as anything that was popular in the fandom at the time (over obscure slideshows). Gradually between season 4 and 6 I became less involved with the fandom and watched the show less. I never “left” because I’d watch a pony video now and then and sometimes my cousin would talk to me about it but I wasn’t as invested. I mostly kept up with the story by watching Bronies React, Totally Legit Recap, and Dawn Somewhere.

Just recently I rewatched the Mentally Advanced Series and paired with the last season coming out, that got me more invested again, especially in abridged series. Since then I’ve finished Scootatrix the Abridged and have started watching Ultra Fast Pony. I’m making a goal to watch the episodes I haven’t watched already (I’m looking at you season 6) and be involved this season, as I’m getting really nostalgic and being there for the final season feels right.

This was supposed to be how I became a fan and it’s now an essay. Overall, this show has helped me a lot and has been with me throughout my entire adolescence. I’ve gotten to experience both the show and the fandom as both a child and a young adult (I’m 17 now) so it was pretty interesting.

Anyways, hi! I’m new here. I figured I’d join a forum to interact with the fandom more directly. Have a good day.

READ THIS FIRST: Whoops! There was a prompt that asked me how I found MLP and this was my answer to it. The above post is what leads after this.

When I was younger (around 10), I was looking for online flash games because I was bored. I found Adventures in Ponyville, which led me to several full episodes they had on the website, the first one I watched being Over a Barrel.

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Sondash Studios said:

Awesome to hear!!! :-D

Welcome to the MLP Forums my friend! I hope you'll enjoy your time here!B)

Thanks! I remember when I shipped Sondash really hard, as I was a hardcore Sonic fan at the time.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ayvid_Reader said:

Any particular reason Rarity is your favorite Mane 6?

She was my favorite because I really liked a lot of her episodes, the first being Suited For Success. She’s just a fun character and I don’t have any problems with her, So I just put her, but I don’t really have a favorite. I loved Twilight from the earlier seasons and I still like her, but not as much. And I have some problems with her sometimes. I also like AJ but she doesn’t stand out as much, Anyways, my favorite ponies are Rarity, Twilight, and Applejack. I just chose Rarity because I’m used to saying she’s my favorite.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, oregon said:

She was my favorite because I really liked a lot of her episodes, the first being Suited For Success. She’s just a fun character and I don’t have any problems with her, So I just put her, but I don’t really have a favorite. I loved Twilight from the earlier seasons and I still like her, but not as much. And I have some problems with her sometimes. I also like AJ but she doesn’t stand out as much, Anyways, my favorite ponies are Rarity, Twilight, and Applejack. I just chose Rarity because I’m used to saying she’s my favorite.

I found the longer I watched the show the more I started to like all the Mane 6 almost equally for their different reasons. Rarity is an amazing pony. She rarely lets life catch her off guard so she always looks fabulous and reacts in a fabulous way.

• Brohoof 1

Hello there! ^_^ 

What an interesting story; how nice. :darling:

I hope you'll have a good time here; Welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

Hi @oregon and welcome to the forums!

Ah, it's really nice to have someone closely related to talk about MLP with. I'm lucky enough to have a few siblings like that myself.

Anyway, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions or want to chat, feel free to send me a message anytime. :)

• Brohoof 1

Why hello there new person. Seems to me you already made quite a few posts, so I guess you are quite oriented with our forums right now? :mlp_wink:

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Why hello there new person. Seems to me you already made quite a few posts, so I guess you are quite oriented with our forums right now? :mlp_wink:

Yep. Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Bas said:

Welcome to these very forums!

16477395-1_1024.jpg.1b7a4fe293a684aad4a4b994168da8ec.jpg

You will surely fabulously fit in!

Over 60 posts already? What a workpony.:mlp_pout:

How did you know I love Rarity and Fluttershy? :squee: