Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy and Ponish swear words

curbcat

Soo, going back over a pair of episodes, it seems that the Ponies of Equestria have Swear Words! In Flutter Brutter, our dear Flutters utters the word peeved. A near by mare covers a filly's ears and Dash has a shocked look on her face as Flutters covers her mouth and apologizes. In Dungeons and Discord, Opposite Flutters calls Opposite Discord Sassafras and when they return to normal, she is covering her mouth again! This points to the fact that there are pony swears, Flutters knows them and begs a question, what other innocuous words in our lexicon are swear words in theirs? Do they have seven words you're not to say?

• Brohoof 1

Just like in spongebob, they seem to be very mild swears. I'm sure they are along the lines of Fiddlesticks, Horseradish, or Tartar Sauce. 

It really really jars me that Dash pranked Fluttershy.

I like to think that most ponies consider those fairly mild words, but Fluttershy is really self-conscious about seeming rude, and other ponies only find those words shocking because it's Fluttershy saying them. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if you guys noticed... but fluttershy has a dangerous amount of anger hidden within her. It's quite alarming how easy it is for her to behave like a sociopath.

• 4 years later...

I wouldn't be surprised if Rainbow Dash said all of the pony swears throughout the show and we just didn't know. We only know a few mostly from when Fluttershy is self aware of herself swearing.

She's got a naughty mouth :blush:

• The title was changed to Fluttershy and Ponish swear words