Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Of Upgrades and Bugs

Jeric

We brought IP.B back to the current version thanks to @DDR and his capable hooves. As with any upgrade there are features and elements of our themes that tend to break. 

We have noticed issues with Prefixes, Status Updates, navigation bar missing, and colors for usernames. Please advise if you notice anything besides those. Thank you. 

• Brohoof 11

• The topic was featured

As of right now, new status updates don't show anything. Profile about me has been replaced with "Array"

image.png.bc99ce26ada090ddaeda60fadf9b0b3e.png'

and some of the prefixes are broken

All the old history is gone too along with something else broken in the "About me" section

image.thumb.png.5ebee586b9595e05ccb04351d9a7b714.png

image.png.bc0d30e9acc0f7348dda6f7523a0880c.png

Prefix that is broken

Another prefix that is broken

image.png.353545b92faf5046d0db4d7d29315493.png

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for the reports, TaZe.

The prefix one will be a bit hard to find, since we have no idea where the error actually is.

• Brohoof 3

v4.4.2 had some issues with my sites...not sure which version you went up to here, but 4.4.1 broke a heck of a lot since they made so many updates to the core. However, my prefixes didn't break, although I'm sure you use different custom themes than I do.

I'm sure y'all are fine but if you ever need a hand, I own two IPS sites myself.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, DDR said:

Confirmed, Califorum.

TaZe: Profile Arrays are no more. (change: $value -> $value['value'] 🙄)

Looks great.

Only major thing I can think of now is restoring the profile history and fixing the prefixies.

One more thing I noticed is that the notification popup for the forums isn't clickable anymore. @DDR

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Mirage said:

I'm sure y'all are fine but if you ever need a hand, I own two IPS sites myself.

We could use a hand, to be quite honest. I'm just asking around how we let you do that now. O_o

9 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

One more thing I noticed is that the notification popup for the forums isn't clickable anymore.

wat

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, DDR said:

wat

the popup at the bottom of the page when you get a new notification, it isn't clickable for me anymore.

Oh, I thought it was the desktop popup. I think I don't get to see the in-page ones since I enabled that? Thank you for the report.

• Brohoof 1

I have temporarily disabled advanced tags and prefixes so that they can at least be displayed. That specific app needs to be upgraded to restore it to the previous level. 

Workaround to to status update issue is to post a character and then click edit and type your status update. It will appear. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, .Wolfe. said:

Uh, where did my stuff go? :confused:1602643757_whatthe.png.b3b92307700dea63ceca51b9787935f4.png

It seems to be permanetly gone from what I know. Think it's due to a new system in the forum upgrade.

• Brohoof 2

@TheTaZe please don't use words like "permanently" without direct approval from a syspony. After the upgrade, the system needs to reindex it's entire database, which is no mean feat. It is more than likely that once the reindexing is done, the activity summaries will be visible again.

That said, there are some issues from the new upgrade that we are currently working on.

PS. editing this to test editline

Edited by tinker
sysadmin
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

@TheTaZe please don't use words like "permanently" without direct approval from a syspony. After the upgrade, the system needs to reindex it's entire database, which is no mean feat. It is more than likely that once the reindexing is done, the activity summaries will be visible again.

That said, there are some issues from the new upgrade that we are currently working on.

PS. editing this to test editline

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've only gotten this information from Merc herself though I may be completely wrong like you've said.

• Brohoof 1

Besides, it's not gone, but just not displayed at the moment. Everything still exists, it's just not shown in the (recent) activity. :mlp_wink:

• Brohoof 2

Stuff that's known and being looked into currently: 

- Status updates being blank on initial edit, but edits showing up (We know what's happening but not why)
- FAQ and similar answer posts are dead

• Brohoof 1

All of my activity are gone:sunbutt:...sadly my regretful comments from the past still exist within the forum. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

Status updates are working again. Activity logs should rebuild over time as the backend reindexes all the content (and there's a lot); this may take a day or two.

1 hour ago, .Wolfe. said:

Uh, where did my stuff go? :confused:1602643757_whatthe.png.b3b92307700dea63ceca51b9787935f4.png

Got the same issue! Only thing I can find in my post history is the stuff I just posted

https://mlpforums.com/profile/43294-cha0sxiii/

Also, just noticed it's now easier to copy+paste onto posts here! (before this, it would wipe whatever I tried pasting and I'd have to copy it again before I could paste it, so thanks for fixing that!:D)

12 minutes ago, tinker said:

Status updates are working again. Activity logs should rebuild over time as the backend reindexes all the content (and there's a lot); this may take a day or two.

@CHA0SXIII Should be covered by this. 👍

• Brohoof 1