Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Meghan McCarthy write the final episode?

FlareGun45

We're talking about the final episode(s) of the series here! I dunno if this finale can be trusted by any of the later writers! Not Dubuc, not Vogel, not Haber... Lady Writers? Maybe? I guess Vogel can be a maybe too since he helped make the movie, but if we're going to an all out conclusion, I really think Meghan should be the one to do it, since she knows this show and its characters more than any other writer, and she is almost guaranteed to write them properly! 

She was story editor of the best season of the show: season 4! You'd think she'd come back for the final season cause of how much of a big deal this is! Who knows? Maybe the later writers might know what they're doing? It depends really. But I do think Meghan could give the best odds of having the best final episodes - whether it's how many parts the season 9 finale has, or the possible special after the season!

• Brohoof 2

No I think it should be written by  Josh haber since he’s one of the one that will make sure everyone gets a chance to shine.

Edited by Mane 6

I don't care who writes it so long as it's good. :maud:

...Though I kind of hope it's Nick Confalone or Michael Vogel since they are my favorite writers. :squee:

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 3

While I do hope Meghan to make a return for the final season, I kinda doubt it since I felt like she may haven’t gotten enough time to write an episode or two after finishing production with the movie.

Whatever the case, I do hope I’m wrong about it, but I wouldn’t mind if Josh did the finale. I think he’s pretty capable as a writer. But for me, I’d choose the duo writers that made the S9 premiere (I think they did The perfect pear and A royal problem too if I remember it correctly).

• Brohoof 1

No.

1. In almost all of her two-parters and film, the princesses were written out of the equation through very contrived circumstances, a very tiring cliché in the show.
  2. More often than not, the Mane 6 become basic and often separate the RM5 from Twilight, sometimes in favor of her spotlight. Characterization altogether wasn't a big strength in the film, either.
  3. On the whole, she's great at self-contained episodes, but her two-parters are much weaker.
  4. Outside of the film, she hasn't written any FIM episode in over 4 seasons.

I prefer someone who's much more familiar and knee-deep with the current direction of the series. Haber, Dubuc, and the Lady Writers are my choices.

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Since season 9 is already broadcasting, I think the last episode is either finished, or nearly finished being animated.

IIRC, Big Jim wrote on Twitter last year that post-production for each episode ends about six to eight weeks before they air.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

No.

1. In almost all of her two-parters and film, the princesses were written out of the equation through very contrived circumstances, a very tiring cliché in the show.
  2. More often than not, the Mane 6 become basic and often separate the RM5 from Twilight, sometimes in favor of her spotlight. Characterization altogether wasn't a big strength in the film, either.
  3. On the whole, she's great at self-contained episodes, but her two-parters are much weaker.
  4. Outside of the film, she hasn't written any FIM episode in over 4 seasons.

I prefer someone who's much more familiar and knee-deep with the current direction of the series. Haber, Dubuc, and the Lady Writers are my choices.

IIRC, Big Jim wrote on Twitter last year that post-production for each episode ends about six to eight weeks before they air.

I agree.

Even though I enjoy "A Canterlot Wedding" & "Twilight's Kingdom" I feel like Meghan McCarthy's stand-alone episodes are a lot stronger.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Adamgreen said:

But for me, I’d choose the duo writers that made the S9 premiere (I think they did The perfect pear and A royal problem too if I remember it correctly).

Yes, I really hope they write the finale, their track record is amazing, they wrote 3 of my favorite episodes(s9 premier, a royal problem, the perfect pear)! They know the characters very well and balance everything wonderfully. They wrote some other great episodes as well like: rarity investigates, all bottled up and others.

However I think it will be written by josh harber and dubuc.  

12 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Does that mean the last episode is almost finished? If there's no mid season hold, we should be within that time frame. Maybe the question should be...

Did Meghan McCarthy write the final episode?

Back on an edit

:crackle:

Wait a second. now I'm  confused. Eight weeks means only eight episodes. Math hates me. For some reason I was thinking an episode a day. Still, I think whoever WROTE the final episode, already did.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

13 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I'd like to see Kristine Songco & Joanna Lewis tackle the Series Finale since,"The Beginning of the End" two-parter

was one of the best premiers in years, IMO. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Still, I think whoever WROTE the final episode, already did.

You're right about that. All scripts for the season are written and handed in simultaneously, that way they can pass them off the the voice actors to record their lines. All the lines were already recorded for the season so, yes all the episodes have been written. Where the big time waster in the production process comes in the is the animation/sound design/video editing that's more what Big Jim is referring to by "eight weeks in advance" 

3 hours ago, KH7672 said:

You're right about that. All scripts for the season are written and handed in simultaneously, that way they can pass them off the the voice actors to record their lines. All the lines were already recorded for the season so, yes all the episodes have been written. Where the big time waster in the production process comes in the is the animation/sound design/video editing that's more what Big Jim is referring to by "eight weeks in advance" 

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.