Dark Qiviut

Pick a flaw!  

20 users have voted

1. 1. Pick one, bronies!

• Twilight: "Our 4,200 faces are memes!"
    • Starlight: *raises eyebrow* "Why am I in charge of school…again?"
    • Spike: "I need to read more spy comics."
    • Twilight: "♪ We never had a single fight ♪" Director: "CUT!"
    • Buffalo Man *to Zephyr*: "Dash is right. You ARE Equestria's most annoying pony!"
    • Shining Armor *about his security: "♪ This…is…FLAW…LESS! ♪" Luna *to Spike, whispering sarcastically*: "♪ In…deed… ♪"

A few weeks ago, the "Pick a Flaw" thread trend was resumed. As before, there's a poll for Sparkle Seven's, but it's loosey-goosey, stylized, and silly. Be as serious, analytical, and/or humorous with it as you wish. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Meme faces: It's the last season, let's just enjoy all of what the animation team has left for us. Definitely over the top but still funny.

Starlight in charge of the school: It's a Mane 6 & Spike and episode, she doesn't need to be in everything. No flaws here.

Spike needs to read more spy comics: I don't even know what's this flaw about, Spike was great to me the whole episode.

BBBFF --> Rivalry siblings: This did come out of nowhere for Twi and Shining Armor. Still, it does make sense for them to have some sort of rivalry.

Annoying Zephyr: Pffft... not even close to Pinkie Pie. I found his interactions with Dash hilarious, especially because of her reactions. A guilty pleasure of mine.

Feeble security: It would have been a major flaw if the security had been successful sometimes in the past. Too bad it has always been as feeble.

• Brohoof 1

The flock of geese guarding the throne room makes me think that Shining Armor designed most of his security measures around just keeping out Twilight and her friends and hoped it would extend to other intruders. I mean, who's going to feed and clean up after the geese?

Also, I guess dress making extends to armorsmithing as well, since this is the second time Rarity has needed to construct a suit of guard armor.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Hum... none of these felt like flaws in the episode to me, except the first. The memes. Though, that is more on the fandom than on the creators because that is a sure-fire way to get people to like episodes. Which considering the goal, that was to directly entertain the fandom, rather than telling a cohesive and well-told story (which it also did), I think it's excusable. But not necessary or even very compelling.

Starlight didn't overstay her welcome in this episode and that is already something good for me. Not that I don't like her, but she has a tendency to overstay. If anything I'd complain about Twilight mindlessly stamping papers, but she could be simply authenticating copies of the same thing. So it was okay for me. So, anyway is fine for me.

Spike... Was fine. I can't really complain. I don't even know for sure what this one is about.

Twilight didn't have a fight with Shining Armor. A fight is what happened when she accused Cadance/Chrysalis and Shining Armor berated her for it. What I saw in this episode was a healthy competition, not to mention that they enjoyd, and still enjoy it, and Twilight has shown a very nice relationship to Shining Armor throughout the cartoon. What I see as a fight are the Two Sisters constantly bickering like they can't stand being next to each other.

Sephyr was himself. If he wasn't like that, then I'd consider it a flaw.

And Shining Armor's security wasn't flawless, even by the standards of the cartoon. The problem here, to me, is that Celestia allowed him to turn a serious thing into a game for him and his sister. So the problem isn't his plan, it's Celestia being an idiot again. If anything, I would've removed the Sisters from the episode and put their parents in their place, creating some sort of situation to justify the game. But then again, making Celestia the stepping stool for everything else in this cartoon is already a running joke, I suppose.

5 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Spike needs to read more spy comics: I don't even know what's this flaw about, Spike was great to me the whole episode.

35 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

Spike... Was fine. I can't really complain. I don't even know for sure what this one is about.

It's a joke referencing Spike nearly dropping cut-up glass from the rose window and getting spooked by the goose guarding the crown (triggering the alarm). I don't think it's a flaw, either. Just attempting to be funny. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

It's a joke referencing Spike nearly dropping cut-up glass from the rose window and getting spooked by the goose guarding the crown (triggering the alarm). I don't think it's a flaw, either. Just attempting to be funny. :muffins:

Hmm. Good one.

What's the biggest flaw? Spike's Flash puppet unexpectedly disappearing mid-scene while Twilight is in front of her chalkboards making plans. XD

I didn't notice this until it was pointed out, and apparently none of the animators at DHX noticed this, either. :)

• Brohoof 3

vlcsnap-2019-04-23-07h18m10s270.thumb.JPG.4f5d8be6686c05bdcc5adfad215a395c.JPG

This moment just utterly ruins the entire episode. It's bad enough that - somehow - wings have become articulate enough to use as digits, but this scene just wantonly disregards the laws of conservation of energy. Just moments before we see that Zephyr's wings are the same size as those of Rainbow Dash, but somehow they expand to at least three times the size! Even if we consider the possibility that ponies are actually balloons, there is no way that the feathers would be able to bend without outside - not inside - pressure.

Ugh. -5/10, could not watch again.

• Brohoof 1

Shining Armor singing about his security, :P

I think it would have been nice if we heard at least one single note from a pony trying to sing a little. 

I don't think this episodes had any major issues, but  for an episode that is suppose be a celebration for the show hitting the 200 Episode Mark, i was expecting something grander , like a musical, a recap episode , big event happening in Canterlot and there's a threat looming and the Mane 7,with the help of the Royal guards, have to save the day,  or have the sibling rivalry between Celestia and Luna and the rest of the episode can stay the same