Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What Do Y’all Do For Easter?

Lucky Bolt

For those of you who celebrate it, of course. :-D What are your plans? What do you usually do every Easter? Have any special Easter traditions? 

Me, I typically spend Easter Sunday at home with my immediate family members. We wake up to a surprise of candy and other goodies in the morning (yes, I don’t care how old I am!) then later on in the day we dye eggs and then have a little Easter egg hunt (again, you’re never too old for an Easter egg hunt!) just the six of us (me, my three siblings, and my parents..although sometimes my dad can’t always make it) in our backyard. 

We usually have a “family movie night” the night before Easter or sometimes the night OF Easter. :-D

And something special about this particular Easter, I went out for a little Sunday drive with my brothers and we got Slushees from a gas station. It was so much fun, I do believe it’s our new Easter tradition! :-D

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 5

Normally we'd go to church, then my parents would hide a gift basket for me and my sister to find, we'd dye a few eggs, and finally eat dinner, which usually ends up being ham, mashed potatoes, and all that good stuff. Since I'm not home, it's just another normal day for me. Maybe the dining hall will have something good for once if I'm lucky.

• Brohoof 2

My family from my mother’s side usually comes over for dinner. My immediate family also attends, obviously. My family doesn’t stay over late like they do on Christmas or Thanksgiving, though. They are almost always gone by 6:00pm.

• Brohoof 2

I don't celebrate. It's just another day to me. A few years ago I was with my nephew and we did an egg hunt, but nothing like that has happened since.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

As always, I'd go to church with my family and then meet up our house with friends. First, we'd all eat some Romanian dishes and then us guys would play around and do an egg hunt later. Finally, we'd sing a few songs and pray and then end the day.

• Brohoof 3

I honestly don't do that much for Easter. Just another boring day really.

Edited by Cash In

Y ' A L L  :mlp_icwudt:

I visit my extended family, as I tend to on most major holidays. Granted, Easter is hardly a major occasion any longer, since the majority of our family is adults, but it is still a sufficient excuse to visit and enjoy Angel Food Cake. :-D

• Brohoof 1

Went to my mom's for dinner. It was nice for the most part, but being at her place can be kinda infuriating at times because everything with her has to be far too safe and 'goodie two shoes', doesn't take long for that to become a thorn in the mind. Still, I enjoyed it for what it was. Better than the past few years I guess. I don't have a concrete tradition for Easter so this is the best answer I can give.

• Brohoof 1

I did hide some eggs in the back garden and out front with my dad for my nephew and niece to find. I wasn't there to see them do this however as I had to go on my daily walk but from what I was told after I came back, they had fun finding where they were hidden. Other than that, I did nothing else of merit.

• Brohoof 1