100 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like the episode?

• I hated it
    • Nah it was kind of meh
    • It was alright.
    • I really liked that
    • I LOVED IT!!

26 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

"Bronies are some of the kindest, generous, most wonderfully fun people on the planet." 

The only thing that warms my heart more than that is respectful comments here proving her right. :mlp_icwudt: She's not my favorite writer on the show, she wrote my least favorite episode of the whole show, and I would in no way say she's above criticism. She seems like a very nice person though and I see no reason why we shouldn't be returning the kindness. At least give her last episode a fair shot before you judge, the synopsis sounds very promising with the implication of consequences. 

What's your least favorite episode?

4 minutes ago, Fluttertastic 16 said:

28 pranks later.

He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to me. And 28 Pranks Later isn't written by G.M. Berrow. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

What's your least favorite episode?

Fluttershy Leans In. I've discussed at great length in the past at least twice why it's my least favorite. The short version is that everything about the plot feels half-baked, rushed, and unfinished. 

• Brohoof 3

33 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

First impressions. I can judge an episode concept and the concept doesn't sound good at all to me.

That doesn't mean the episode's gonna suck or be mediocre, tho. You can write the world's best synopsis, but if the writing's not good, it doesn't matter. OTOH, synopses of Break Down, Marks for Effort, and Friendship U were unimpressive, yet they're really good. We know little of it beyond that and a couple of vague screenshots.

• Brohoof 4

12 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Fluttershy Leans In. I've discussed at great length in the past at least twice why it's my least favorite. The short version is that everything about the plot feels half-baked, rushed, and unfinished. 

Personally, I think it would have stood a chance if instead of Fluttershy suffering Aesop Amnesia, it should be a Changeling who was trying too hard to be the perfect sales person, he kept switching between store personas with disastrous results and the moral could still be a basic "Be yourself" lesson.

EDIT: Oh wait. What I described was Fake it Till You Make it. Sorry.

Fluttershy Leans In was about Futtershy building an animal shelter but the ponies she hired were kinda forcing their changes into her vision. I think Flutter Brutter was a much better episode that shows Fluttershy using her firm but still kind tactics to help out her slacker brother to finally succeed at something.

What do you think of that?

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 2

We seem to be getting a lot of Twilight panic episodes lately. Even the HWE special had her stressing out. It's like she's not only gunning for Sibling Supreme, but is also trying to win back the title of "Master of the Freak-Out" from Starlight, as Spike puts it. :laugh:

But in this case, perhaps G.M. Berrow really wanted a chance to write a Twilight-loses-it episode before the series ends even though there have been so many? One upside is Berrow's best episode, "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows" was a really fun outing, so putting Twilight into that kind of situation could work well.

From the two promotional shots that have been released, I wonder if the librarian is really happy being retired but Twilight tries to rectify things anyway? I hope not - that treads a little too closely to "A Friend in Deed" territory - and that episode was rather frustrating to see Pinkie sink so low.

What's funny is I thought this episode would be the best opportunity to see young Twilight with baby Spike in a flashback to when the book in question was checked out. As it turned out, I got that present an episode early. :)

Some have speculated the book in question could be the one that prophecized the return of Nightmare Moon. That would be a really nifty bit of continuity to the series opener, and fitting as a premise for an episode in the final season.

Anyway, here's hoping to another good episode to make it 5 in a row.

9 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Personally, I think it would have stood a chance if instead of Fluttershy suffering Aesop Amnesia, it should be a Changeling who was trying too hard to be the perfect sales person, he kept switching between store personas with disastrous results and the moral could still be a basic "Be yourself" lesson.

What do you think of that?

A chance to have more changelings visit Ponyville is always welcome in my opinion. :please:

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 1

I can understand the warning signs, but thankfully I only remember the most recent episodes Grannies Gone Wild and Pinkie Pie Knows. Friend in Deed was just god awful, but I am not sure if GM Berrow wrote that one.

11 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

I can understand the warning signs, but thankfully I only remember the most recent episodes Grannies Gone Wild and Pinkie Pie Knows. Friend in Deed was just god awful, but I am not sure if GM Berrow wrote that one.

She didn't; I was just using its premise as a comparison example.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, This Whomps said:

image.thumb.png.0d62ffb127f67c5a112f3cccf8ebd01b.png

The episode sounds good, hoping it delivers

Also, willing to bet a Moondancer appearance and betting the Book from the beginning is the same book that's late

Holy shit dude what's your problem?

Im not too crazy about the episode. However what she says in her letter is truth. Writing is Isolating.

Every time I finish writing a few chapters I'm so excited I got to pick up the phone to read them to my family. And everyone i know sadly in my personal connection circle i only know 8 people mostly family yes a few close friends. Love to read them to my spouse. However sadly he does not support me in this area, waste of time. However everyone I got in contact with loves what I written and they love the art. One person advised me to go to a Licensing convention.

Yes I'm stubborn and will continue to keep Writing. I know the novel series will do well. And grow into its very own franchise. However I'm going to start small and build up that success.

I'm not downing the writer of the episode. No doubt its going to be a cute episode. However she worked hard at achieving her dreams and look at where that got her in life. No doubt she got the will power to keep going. Kudos to your success.

Laurie Ann Garland

Edited by RaphLuna
  • Brohoof 1

OMG! I should have seen this coming! Twilight's tower was such a mess. Of course there were books from other libraries lost in the mix! I have actually done something similar. When I was little, I accidentally put a library book on the shelf with MY books. It hid there in plain sight for a couple weeks while I looked everywhere for it!

• Brohoof 2

On 4/22/2019 at 10:09 PM, VG_Addict said:

This is Berrow's last episode.

All I can say is, good riddance. She was one of the worst writers the show's ever had. 

I have to agree with you. She certainly lacks talent in the writing department.... 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/24/2019 at 2:42 PM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Lots of condescension and pessimism here. Kind of sad.

Upsetting, never thought Berrow was a bad writer, I did however think she was very middle of the road. Some people just expect a high tier episode every week when it just isn't realistic. Looking back, I don't think Berrow has written an episode I actually don't find at least okay excluding The End in Friend.

• Brohoof 1

Is that condescension and pessimism I spy? Gosh holly, I came to the right place! So they're actually culling the herd of our glorious writers. The end draws near. It's time for cautious optimism and glittering eyes that stare into the bright tomorrow. What? I'm not all darkness and tentacles.

3 hours ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Some people just expect a high tier episode every week when it just isn't realistic

It's not that kind of thing, If I understood it correctly Twilight would make a complete fool of herself at someone else's expense, but it's going to be okay because she will learn a lesson in the end.

Edited by R.D.Dash