Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria vs. Westeros - Who Would Win?

Octavia_Melody2

Let's say that Westeros and Equestria existed on the same planet and thanks to good old conniving and diplomatic failure they went to war. Who would win? How many losses would there be? And what would be the aftermath?

My money's on Equestria as they have quite a few more dragons and what not, not to mention the ability to control weather and the elements. But I do think it would be a battle with several losses, and that Equestria would have trouble holding on to Westeros if they decided to occupy it.

Westeros has cutthroats, merchants, spies, assassins that are more than capable of compensating for the lack of brute magic with research, subterfuge, and plain ol' murder. Those folks would all abide by the magic of Friendship ... until they wouldn't.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly I think equestria would win. I mean obviously the westeros forces would be more violent, but MLP isn't just friendship fixes all. If turning them to stone or banishing them to some shadow realm works, it works. 

Also personal headcanon but, Celestia is basically the mother of equestria and Luna is the strange probably hungover aunt. You cannot convince me that they would stick by friendship if they saw what the people in westeros were capable of.

If Equestria was prepared to defend itself through violent means, then they'd win hooves down. They have more resources and magic at their disposal. They're only holding themselves back. For a size comparison, someone was very thorough and posted this image in a reply on Quora.

main-qimg-8ad8ff3b3c929af06282b25741f5799b.png.6e6ec1c739da5f60e6d7c38015d4308e.png

And Equestria was originally based off of North America, so I'll just use that as the second example.

globe_size.png.449fe8475cd7c841bff472c71fce6120.png

So if Equestria is up to the task, they win, losses are a few million with Westeros losing the most. Aftermath would be integrating aspects of both societies, and with the royal sisters, they'd instill a long lasting order on the world and hold the Iron Throne thanks to their seeming immortality. Daenerys's dragons wouldn't be anywhere near as useful if they couldn't fly. Equestria has an edge just with Pegasi existing. Air power changes everything, occupation would be easy.

Now if Equestria isn't up to the task, they lose. Equestria sees up to a million deaths but this more as a result of pillaging rather than real conflict Westeros might see a thousand that were more accident based. Aftermath would be harnessing all of Equestria's resources and eventually settling people onto this new land, resulting in a renaissance that would result in Westeros surpassing Valyria's grandeur. There'd be a dip in the economy like Spain saw from importing too many precious metals but this would come to pass. The ponies themselves would see their magic harnessed and abused by some, and destroyed by others. Their species overall would suffer greatly, as they'd be enslaved.

I think we need to establish clear definitions of Equestria and Westeros first. Is Equestria limited to the land of ponies or are other realms included? If the latter is the case, then dragons as Equestria's allies will play the decisive role, because Westerosi seem to look at dragons as weapon of mass destruction that cannot be matched. Also, what Westeros are we talking about? The one from the books or the one from the TV show? I haven't seen the TV show, but Westeros described in the books is rather weak in its present state. It is divided by quarrels and exhausted by war. Equestrians are way more united and organized than Westerosi. And Celestia knows how to make war, judging from the "Sombra war" timeline. She also has way more experience than any Westerosi ruler for obvious reasons. Of course, she can be taken down by a faceless man, but right now the services of these assassins are too expensive even for the king. So, maybe Westeros would have a chance in the times of Jaehaerys I Targaryen when it was united and had many dragonriders, but right now Equestria would prevail.

14 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Westeros has cutthroats, merchants, spies, assassins that are more than capable of compensating for the lack of brute magic with research, subterfuge, and plain ol' murder. Those folks would all abide by the magic of Friendship ... until they wouldn't.

As per "Mean 6" the Tree can smell a con-artist easily enough.

As for violence... I know, kids show, but do you really think Equestria has never seen any bloody wars?

12 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Daenerys's dragons wouldn't be anywhere near as useful if they couldn't fly. Equestria has an edge just with Pegasi existing. Air power changes everything, occupation would be easy.

Regardless, Equestria would still have dragon support, but Pegusi aren't a fair comparison. Pegusi are more akin to paratroopers or mounted cavalry than jet fighters. Their speed gives them a first strike advantage but  they're still melee fighters. With no ranged attacks, what kind of air superiority do they really bring?

5 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

As per "Mean 6" the Tree can smell a con-artist easily enough.

As for violence... I know, kids show, but do you really think Equestria has never seen any bloody wars?

Who knows. Have they seen a bloody wedding? Ponies would know that the lords are mean. Still, they'd think this is just another Starlight mission, until they'd start feeling sick after eating some apple pie. Plus, the lords would try to conspire with other nations surrounding Equestria before they'd commit to total war. Isn't it strange that non-pones are living in shitholes when most ponies in Equestria act just as unfriendly as them? How about we claim this land together and split the spoils among those of us who have been so unjustly slighted by these foreign gods of rainbows and crystals? Hey Grogar, we all hate each other but let's slaughter ponies first. Alliances are magic.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:52 PM, Goat-kun said:

Who knows. Have they seen a bloody wedding? Ponies would know that the lords are mean. Still, they'd think this is just another Starlight mission, until they'd start feeling sick after eating some apple pie. Plus, the lords would try to conspire with other nations surrounding Equestria before they'd commit to total war. Isn't it strange that non-pones are living in shitholes when most ponies in Equestria act just as unfriendly as them? How about we claim this land together and split the spoils among those of us who have been so unjustly slighted by these foreign gods of rainbows and crystals? Hey Grogar, we all hate each other but let's slaughter ponies first. Alliances are magic.

That's probably what happened with the Storm Lord. The guy seemed to have more resources and technology than all the other kingdoms put together. And while we're on that subject, attempts to talk down the Storm King with flowers and butterflies came to an end very swiftly. They know when diplomacy isn't an option. It happened there, and it happened in the crystal war.

About poverty-stricken nations though, who are you even talking about? The only race I can think of who 'might' be capable of being manipulated that way are the Griffons. Everyone else is quite happy where they are.

But now all of this begs the question, was @Octavia_Melody2 talking about JUST Ponies as Equestria, or pretty much every non-hostile in the show? Seems like the latter would make the most sense, since we're assuming Westeros is united. Arguing that the allies of the Two Sisters can be so easily swayed, takes a lot of assumptions. It would be just as easy to guess that some of the Westeros Kingdoms would defect to Equestria, and really, why the heck wouldn't they? You know during the height of Colonialism in what became the U.S.A. settlers were regularly running off to join the Native Americans because the lifestyle was so appealing.

49 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

That's probably what happened with the Storm Lord. The guy seemed to have more resources and technology than all the other kingdoms put together. And while we're on that subject, attempts to talk down the Storm King with flowers and butterflies came to an end very swiftly. They know when diplomacy isn't an option. It happened there, and it happened in the crystal war.

About poverty-stricken nations though, who are you even talking about? The only race I can think of who 'might' be capable of being manipulated that way are the Griffons. Everyone else is quite happy where they are.

But now all of this begs the question, was @Octavia_Melody2 talking about JUST Ponies as Equestria, or pretty much every non-hostile in the show? Seems like the latter would make the most sense, since we're assuming Westeros is united. Arguing that the allies of the Two Sisters can be so easily swayed, takes a lot of assumptions. It would be just as easy to guess that some of the Westeros Kingdoms would defect to Equestria, and really, why the heck wouldn't they? You know during the height of Colonialism in what became the U.S.A. settlers were regularly running off to join the Native Americans because the lifestyle was so appealing.

He didn't fake it like Cozy Glow. Our lords are more like Cozy Glow with the resources of Storm King. Show all those gem mines to the dragon lords. Heck, show them the Empire. Tell them the story of Spike the "misplaced" egg and how it was used in a school magic test. The little birds can gather all that info and your heralds can convey it to the non-pones with all the spicy implications. And order those birds to buy up all the overpowered artifacts from the Equestrian black market while they're at it.

Would they defect or would they defect from their kingdom and go on a little pillaging spree in the new world, and their denounced lord would scream "I disavow!" while chuckling behind the ponies' backs.

Also, would wargs be able to control stuff? There are some powerful monsters out there that can't seem to know how to hit the protagonists. A warg in a proper monster could pretty much slaughter anything but the most powerful magic users and even then it would be a hard fight. A handful of them would pretty much be a murder train.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:34 AM, BornAgainBrony said:

Regardless, Equestria would still have dragon support, but Pegusi aren't a fair comparison. Pegusi are more akin to paratroopers or mounted cavalry than jet fighters. Their speed gives them a first strike advantage but  they're still melee fighters. With no ranged attacks, what kind of air superiority do they really bring?

This is a battle of continents and those residing in them. The Dragon lands are not a part of Equestria. Their participation would be like having Belgium win a war against India, because the former is a member of Nato and we'd be inclined to have every member participate which would turn the fight completely one sided.

The point on the usefulness of flightless dragons was to indicate how important that skill is. Daenerys's dragons would essentially be 3 flamethrower based tanks. Useful, but you couldn't conquer the whole of the 7 kingdoms with that. One should never underestimate the ability to rain fire and terror from above.

If Ember and her subjects didn't have the capability to fly, they wouldn't be anywhere near as effective. They're more durable than a person, but still easily suffer to blunt trauma. Fire may be their main weapon, but their speed, agility, and ability to attack from a distance, are what make flight their greatest asset. This of course also applies to Pegasi, who can carry a great many things to drop/throw/launch upon the enemy as a means of ranged attack. True they are not jet fighters, but they are more akin to the biplanes of the first world war, which arguably had a bigger impact on warfare than anything else put into use at that time, thus why we'd go on to develop jet fighters.

All that being said, I don't include Daenerys's dragon's in this conflict either, as almost the entirety of her forces come from Essos, not Westeros, and frankly, the 7 kingdoms were stronger than they are currently before the war of the 5 kings and her following invasion. Sure it took only 3 dragons to conquer the 7 kingdoms clearly indicating that's better than having 7 armies, but that's equivalent to using nukes in a combat situation, which eliminates every other variable making comparative questions such as these utterly pointless. The size of an army no longer determines any aspect of its strength. The devastation from almost every other ground based weapon can still eventually be overcome be sheer numbers and permit a fair strategic comparison. For that purpose as well, they are absent in my scenario.

My understanding is that although many lives were lost during Robert's Rebellion, this did not substantially change the overall strength of the 7 kingdoms as the prior Targaryen dragons had been long gone, making the onset of the show to be the most accurate and standard representation of what we should expect from Westerosi forces.

And to clarify, if it only takes 3 dragons from Game of Thrones to take on 7 medieval armies, imagine what a fleet of pegasi could do with flamethrowers and airships. They bring the kind of air superiority that we've only accomplished within the last century, and do so naturally. I haven't even touched upon their ability to change the weather, so by no means should they be taken lightly my friend.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:00 PM, Goat-kun said:

He didn't fake it like Cozy Glow. Our lords are more like Cozy Glow with the resources of Storm King. Show all those gem mines to the dragon lords. Heck, show them the Empire. Tell them the story of Spike the "misplaced" egg and how it was used in a school magic test. The little birds can gather all that info and your heralds can convey it to the non-pones with all the spicy implications. And order those birds to buy up all the overpowered artifacts from the Equestrian black market while they're at it.

Would they defect or would they defect from their kingdom and go on a little pillaging spree in the new world, and their denounced lord would scream "I disavow!" while chuckling behind the ponies' backs.

Also, would wargs be able to control stuff? There are some powerful monsters out there that can't seem to know how to hit the protagonists. A warg in a proper monster could pretty much slaughter anything but the most powerful magic users and even then it would be a hard fight. A handful of them would pretty much be a murder train.

Eh, the dragons are progressive now. They've got a leader who is pro-Equestria, and some of their kids are attending the friendship school. What you're really talking about now is attempting a Nixonesque "Southern Strategy" on the dragons to yank them back to their primal age. That's IF there is still dissent, and there's no evidence of that. I also think it's safe to assume that Ember knows Spike's history already, given that he's practically an emissary. And dragons are nowhere near as anarchistic as their attitude appears to be. Given their pack-like nature, you would think they'd constantly be fighting to be the alpha, but as the tradition of competing for the scepter shows, they also have a very strict honor code. What the king says, goes.

It becomes a question of greed vs. want. What would happen if someone came raiding your world looking for treasure so they could go home and be rich, and then suddenly found a world where being rich is more or less irrelevant, they would want for nothing for the rest of their lives, and they are treated with kindness in a way they've never experienced before? History has legit shown that what you're thinking would happen is unlikely, or at least would probably be a 50/50 split. Contrary to what "White champion of the disadvantaged" films like Disney's Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves would have you believe, defectors were actually quite common, and they did it of their own free will, not under duress. It was "F this crap, I'ma go live in the fairy land."

We'd have to go into some deep speculation on the nature of the villains to discuss the wargs. Wargs, (I think?) are limited by the senses of whatever they're possessing. So if the monsters are ineffective because of physical limitations (near-sightedness, poor reflexes, etc), rather than being just plain stupid, then Wargs wouldn't be able to do much more with them, aside from wield them more tactically.

11 hours ago, SharpWit said:

This is a battle of continents and those residing in them. The Dragon lands are not a part of Equestria. Their participation would be like having Belgium win a war against India, because the former is a member of Nato and we'd be inclined to have every member participate which would turn the fight completely one sided.

The point on the usefulness of flightless dragons was to indicate how important that skill is. Daenerys's dragons would essentially be 3 flamethrower based tanks. Useful, but you couldn't conquer the whole of the 7 kingdoms with that. One should never underestimate the ability to rain fire and terror from above.

If Ember and her subjects didn't have the capability to fly, they wouldn't be anywhere near as effective. They're more durable than a person, but still easily suffer to blunt trauma. Fire may be their main weapon, but their speed, agility, and ability to attack from a distance, are what make flight their greatest asset. This of course also applies to Pegasi, who can carry a great many things to drop/throw/launch upon the enemy as a means of ranged attack. True they are not jet fighters, but they are more akin to the biplanes of the first world war, which arguably had a bigger impact on warfare than anything else put into use at that time, thus why we'd go on to develop jet fighters.

All that being said, I don't include Daenerys's dragon's in this conflict either, as almost the entirety of her forces come from Essos, not Westeros, and frankly, the 7 kingdoms were stronger than they are currently before the war of the 5 kings and her following invasion. Sure it took only 3 dragons to conquer the 7 kingdoms clearly indicating that's better than having 7 armies, but that's equivalent to using nukes in a combat situation, which eliminates every other variable making comparative questions such as these utterly pointless. The size of an army no longer determines any aspect of its strength. The devastation from almost every other ground based weapon can still eventually be overcome be sheer numbers and permit a fair strategic comparison. For that purpose as well, they are absent in my scenario.

My understanding is that although many lives were lost during Robert's Rebellion, this did not substantially change the overall strength of the 7 kingdoms as the prior Targaryen dragons had been long gone, making the onset of the show to be the most accurate and standard representation of what we should expect from Westerosi forces.

And to clarify, if it only takes 3 dragons from Game of Thrones to take on 7 medieval armies, imagine what a fleet of pegasi could do with flamethrowers and airships. They bring the kind of air superiority that we've only accomplished within the last century, and do so naturally. I haven't even touched upon their ability to change the weather, so by no means should they be taken lightly my friend.

Well, to be fair, WWII probably would have gone a different way if a nation from another continent hadn't jumped in very late in the game. So it's not entirely out of the question. Ember's forces would be a huge game changer, but the more I think about it, in the long-run, Pegusi could become very proficient ranged attackers. From a physical standpoint though unless they figure out a way to mount rockets onto them, projected attacks are unlikely because, imagine being in space and trying to chuck a spear at anything. And with flame throwers, making Pegusi as efficient as dragons would be a massive undertaking, because a pump powerful enough to spray flame like a dragon would weigh a ton compared to a good set of lungs (also if you were sitting on top of a car, you would NOT want to try shooting a flamethrower at a target up ahead). But... I was mostly visualizing a scenario of Westeros vs. Equestria using technology they currently have access to, without trying to speculate on where R&D would take the nations after 10 years worth of fighting. Because then it's actually Westeros vs. Fallout Equestria, which is grossly unfair to say the least.

And... yeah, I hadn't given thought to the weather aspect. If the Pegusi can get control over Westeros's weather, it would be a big mess. But interestingly, sending the plagues of Egypt at them with natural disasters, while being a nice shock-and-awe campaign, wouldn't even be necessary. Once the Ponies understood the game that was being played, Westeros would have to win the war within a year, or else they'd be screwed come next harvest when they can't grow food because there's been absolutely no rain. The most effective siege imaginable. Cut off their supplies without even the need for a blockade. "Leave us alone and your lands will become fertile again." Those are the words of gods, not mortals, and it would have Westeros shaking in its boots. And then thinking more on the Pegusi, their natural domain would present a very interesting problem. Without the aid of dragons, places like Cloudsdale and Las Pegasus are practically untouchable and would be critical staging points and probably the last line of defense. Even if all of the land was conquered, the sky would remain the domain of the Ponies, and it would be a living Hell for an Equestria under enemy occupation if Westeros somehow managed to get that far. No guerilla insurgency in the middle east could hold a candle to the chaos that Pegusus freedom fighters would cause.

55 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Well, to be fair, WWII probably would have gone a different way if a nation from another continent hadn't jumped in very late in the game. So it's not entirely out of the question. Ember's forces would be a huge game changer, but the more I think about it, in the long-run, Pegusi could become very proficient ranged attackers. From a physical standpoint though unless they figure out a way to mount rockets onto them, projected attacks are unlikely because, imagine being in space and trying to chuck a spear at anything. And with flame throwers, making Pegusi as efficient as dragons would be a massive undertaking, because a pump powerful enough to spray flame like a dragon would weigh a ton compared to a good set of lungs (also if you were sitting on top of a car, you would NOT want to try shooting a flamethrower at a target up ahead). But... I was mostly visualizing a scenario of Westeros vs. Equestria using technology they currently have access to, without trying to speculate on where R&D would take the nations after 10 years worth of fighting. Because then it's actually Westeros vs. Fallout Equestria, which is grossly unfair to say the least.

And... yeah, I hadn't given thought to the weather aspect. If the Pegusi can get control over Westeros's weather, it would be a big mess. But interestingly, sending the plagues of Egypt at them with natural disasters, while being a nice shock-and-awe campaign, wouldn't even be necessary. Once the Ponies understood the game that was being played, Westeros would have to win the war within a year, or else they'd be screwed come next harvest when they can't grow food because there's been absolutely no rain. The most effective siege imaginable. Cut off their supplies without even the need for a blockade. "Leave us alone and your lands will become fertile again." Those are the words of gods, not mortals, and it would have Westeros shaking in its boots. And then thinking more on the Pegusi, their natural domain would present a very interesting problem. Without the aid of dragons, places like Cloudsdale and Las Pegasus are practically untouchable and would be critical staging points and probably the last line of defense. Even if all of the land was conquered, the sky would remain the domain of the Ponies, and it would be a living Hell for an Equestria under enemy occupation if Westeros somehow managed to get that far. No guerilla insurgency in the middle east could hold a candle to the chaos that Pegusus freedom fighters would cause.

For a rocket mount just they could go he Mandalorian method of having it mounted on their back, or have something along the lines of wrist rockets if they don't want to just hold a firing device. To get the most bang for their buck I'd utilize a glider which would require more work to get off of the ground but it could also allow them to rest while only gradually losing altitude which could cancel out. But they can always use crossbows, javelins, flechettes, or even the good doctor's magical fireworks.

You wouldn't need a very powerful pump, might not even need one at all. The biggest issue with carrying a flame thrower is the weight of the fuel itself, but to disperse it over a long distance you can just have the fuel in a pressured cannister so it would spray out upon release, and then utilize gravity to hit your mark. You don't even really need to spray forward, just let it come out from behind and fly right on out of there to grab another.

I'm unsure of how practical going after crops would be since Westeros has winters and summers that are up to 10 years long, so they already have preexisting stockpiles of food. It's not as well managed as it could be but they've endured. Equestria would also have to largely be on the defense at first since they don't have a war ready economy. Any of the 7 kingdoms can send their individual navies at any time, Equestria might not really have one to begin with, so if they can't immediately repel the invasion, of put a storm wall in place along their coastline before the enemy has landed, they'll have a tough time. Cloud Cities do post a threat, but they're not 100% sky sustainable. They still require collecting water and probably a majority of food and supplies from the ground. They could make use of mountain tops and I think it was called cloud seeding from Fallout Equestria, but by that point it'd be more like how the Hippogriffs maintained independence by staying hidden underwater while the Storm King had control of everything above for miles around, so by that point I think it's a confirmed loss.

Honestly, the Russian strategy is the best if your only goal is to win, because ethics are thrown out of the window, and the amount of damage dealt to the enemy or your own forces doesn't really matter. Equestria would surely win if they really tried, but how willing are they really. The lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep. Can our miniature horses say the same?

Assuming Equestria had an alliance that included Dragons, Changelings, Unicorns, Pegasi, Earth Ponies, Alicorns, Yaks, Hippogriffs and Griffins then Equestria would win the war against Westeros by an absolute landslide. Equestria would have air superiority as they would have Pegasi, Griffins and Dragons, with Pegasi and Griffins acting as the equivalent of fighters, used for reconnaissance and escorting dragons, while also providing air to ground attacks with spears and other throwable items. Pegasi would also be able to control the weather and spawn a few a twisters to cut through any ground formations. They would also be able to make growing food difficult with poor with weather conditions and slow Westero's forces with blizzards. Dragons would be used as the equivalent of heavy fighters and bombers, able to strike ground forces with devastating fire and being able to pick up unsuspecting foes and either drop them from enough height to kill them on any of Westeros' forces that use a tight formation, or eat them. They'd also be able to burn/smash any of Westero's hostile catapults and structures, although not without being exposed to javelins, and arrows, unless a squadron of Pegasi/Griffins were acting as a shield/escort. On the ground, Earth Ponies and Yaks would be used as close combat infantry, and Unicorns would act as equestria's equivalent of archers, being able to use spells with enough force to knock the enemy back or freeze them in place. Equestria would also have Naval Superiority, with Hippogriffs, using their ability to turn into seaponies, acting as the equivalent of submarines, being able to swim underwater undetected and sink/sabotage ships from below visible depth. Equestria would also have superior intelligence and espionage capabilities, as Changelings would be to shapechange into humans and be able to gather intelligence on Westeros' plans... Westeros would have great difficulty in successfully infiltrating Equestria. Not to mention Luna and Celestia could change the day to night for a surprise attack on Westeros at any time and visa versa. Alicorns probably wouldn't have a direct role in the war, as they would be likely seen as priority targets by Westeros and only used in either a last stand against Westeros or in the final battle against Westeros that seals Equestrias victory. While Westeros does have dragons of their own, these wouldn't be enough to effectively counter the sheer number of dragons Equestria has and would likely lose in a dragon vs dragon battle with Pegasi and Griffins tipping the scales against them, although Equestrias dragons would still have the edge without them, as Westeros' dragons are basically Wyverns and lack the two other appendages Equestria's dragons have. Earth ponies and Yaks would take the brunt of the losses, being in close combat range and the high potential for friendly fire from ariel forces, Pegasi and Griffins would probably take fewer losses due to being able to fly with armour and carry shields, as well as being able to dodge incoming attacks from catapults and javelins, Unicorns might take losses due to an unseen barge of arrows or a surprise attack from Westeros' forces, Dragons would also probably take a few losses due their larger size making them easier to hit with arrows, catapults and javelins (although this could be mitigated to a degree with escorts and their thicker hide would mean more of them would be required for a greater chance of successful penetration and a much greater force and velocity would be required from arrows and Javelins) or at the very least, some major injuries from fights with Westeros' dragons, Changeling spies could be found out and executed, depending on how long the war goes on and how good the Changelings are at holding their disguise and avoiding detection, Hippogriff losses would be minimal at most assuming they were used as described above and Alicorn loses would probably be 0. The aftermath would probably either be the surrender of Westeros and the eventual assimilation of Westeros into Equestrian society, or the complete annihilation of Westeros assuming they didn't surrender...

21 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Eh, the dragons are progressive now. They've got a leader who is pro-Equestria, and some of their kids are attending the friendship school. What you're really talking about now is attempting a Nixonesque "Southern Strategy" on the dragons to yank them back to their primal age. That's IF there is still dissent, and there's no evidence of that. I also think it's safe to assume that Ember knows Spike's history already, given that he's practically an emissary. And dragons are nowhere near as anarchistic as their attitude appears to be. Given their pack-like nature, you would think they'd constantly be fighting to be the alpha, but as the tradition of competing for the scepter shows, they also have a very strict honor code. What the king says, goes.

It becomes a question of greed vs. want. What would happen if someone came raiding your world looking for treasure so they could go home and be rich, and then suddenly found a world where being rich is more or less irrelevant, they would want for nothing for the rest of their lives, and they are treated with kindness in a way they've never experienced before? History has legit shown that what you're thinking would happen is unlikely, or at least would probably be a 50/50 split. Contrary to what "White champion of the disadvantaged" films like Disney's Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves would have you believe, defectors were actually quite common, and they did it of their own free will, not under duress. It was "F this crap, I'ma go live in the fairy land."

We'd have to go into some deep speculation on the nature of the villains to discuss the wargs. Wargs, (I think?) are limited by the senses of whatever they're possessing. So if the monsters are ineffective because of physical limitations (near-sightedness, poor reflexes, etc), rather than being just plain stupid, then Wargs wouldn't be able to do much more with them, aside from wield them more tactically.

Nopony knows the real history but Celestia. And even if we do not know the real history, the vagueness of it all is enough to give a just cause to those who already despise Equestria. You don't even need them to fight, just to bother those in power.

Like ponies aren't complete a-holes. It's just their religion that's sugarcoated. The lords of Seven Kingdoms know how to play the bullshit game better than anyone. Someone with just a wee bit of charisma could score so many debate points against Twilight and the rest of them that all the copies of Friendship Journal would self-combust out of shame. There will always be those who do not like the way things are going. Song guys are far better at orchestrating takeovers by both peaceful and violent means. And exposing Harmony that thinks it can do whatever it wants does not look good on anyone that's in agreement with its rather shady ideology. They'd call it a monster. Would they be wrong? And it would only be a matter of time before the pragmatic philosophy of man sweeps across the lands of FIM with its annoying questions. There would never even be a war.

Give me a warg and a tatzelwurm and I'm bringing down each and every pony fortification with no effort at all. Even magical shields become useless since they don't reach underground.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, SharpWit said:

For a rocket mount just they could go he Mandalorian method of having it mounted on their back, or have something along the lines of wrist rockets if they don't want to just hold a firing device. To get the most bang for their buck I'd utilize a glider which would require more work to get off of the ground but it could also allow them to rest while only gradually losing altitude which could cancel out. But they can always use crossbows, javelins, flechettes, or even the good doctor's magical fireworks.

You wouldn't need a very powerful pump, might not even need one at all. The biggest issue with carrying a flame thrower is the weight of the fuel itself, but to disperse it over a long distance you can just have the fuel in a pressured cannister so it would spray out upon release, and then utilize gravity to hit your mark. You don't even really need to spray forward, just let it come out from behind and fly right on out of there to grab another.

I'm unsure of how practical going after crops would be since Westeros has winters and summers that are up to 10 years long, so they already have preexisting stockpiles of food. It's not as well managed as it could be but they've endured. Equestria would also have to largely be on the defense at first since they don't have a war ready economy. Any of the 7 kingdoms can send their individual navies at any time, Equestria might not really have one to begin with, so if they can't immediately repel the invasion, of put a storm wall in place along their coastline before the enemy has landed, they'll have a tough time. Cloud Cities do post a threat, but they're not 100% sky sustainable. They still require collecting water and probably a majority of food and supplies from the ground. They could make use of mountain tops and I think it was called cloud seeding from Fallout Equestria, but by that point it'd be more like how the Hippogriffs maintained independence by staying hidden underwater while the Storm King had control of everything above for miles around, so by that point I think it's a confirmed loss.

Honestly, the Russian strategy is the best if your only goal is to win, because ethics are thrown out of the window, and the amount of damage dealt to the enemy or your own forces doesn't really matter. Equestria would surely win if they really tried, but how willing are they really. The lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep. Can our miniature horses say the same?

In the case of dropping it, letting it trail behind, napalm would be much more useful than a flame thrower. I just think without using magic, building a flamer that's as good as what a full-grown dragon could do (even spraying it down instead of forward) would be an exercise in futility.

The coastline isn't the only place the weather could be an impediment. Pegusi can clearly mess with the seasons if they want to (Tanks for the Memories) and they could make every step of the way a living Hell for an invading army. They maybe get a couple hundred miles inland before the Ponies figure out what's going on, and then suddenly they find twenty feet of fresh snow up ahead of them. So... yeah... attacking Equestria would quickly become like fighting a ground war with Russia in the middle of winter, and as any army that has ever tried can tell you, that's a very foolish thing to attempt.

Interestingly, looking at the map, Canterlot is actually very strategically placed. From any direction it's practically the last place they could reach, providing ample time to build up a defense there, no matter how fast the invaders are moving. On top of that, it's on a huge cliffside, presenting the worst uphill battle imaginable, AND Cloudsdale is right next door serving as a convenient air base.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, Nsxile said:

Assuming Equestria had an alliance that included Dragons, Changelings, Unicorns, Pegasi, Earth Ponies, Alicorns, Yaks, Hippogriffs and Griffins then Equestria would win the war against Westeros by an absolute landslide. Equestria would have air superiority as they would have Pegasi, Griffins and Dragons, with Pegasi and Griffins acting as the equivalent of fighters, used for reconnaissance and escorting dragons, while also providing air to ground attacks with spears and other throwable items.

-----

Dragons would be used as the equivalent of heavy fighters and bombers, able to strike ground forces with devastating fire and being able to pick up unsuspecting foes and either drop them from enough height to kill them on any of Westeros' forces that use a tight formation, or eat them. They'd also be able to burn/smash any of Westero's hostile catapults and structures, although not without being exposed to javelins, and arrows, unless a squadron of Pegasi/Griffins were acting as a shield/escort.

----

Alicorns probably wouldn't have a direct role in the war, as they would be likely seen as priority targets by Westeros and only used in either a last stand against Westeros or in the final battle against Westeros that seals Equestrias victory. While Westeros does have dragons of their own, these wouldn't be enough to effectively counter the sheer number of dragons Equestria has and would likely lose in a dragon vs dragon battle with Pegasi and Griffins tipping the scales against them, although Equestrias dragons would still have the edge without them, as Westeros' dragons are basically Wyverns and lack the two other appendages Equestria's dragons have. Earth ponies and Yaks would take the brunt of the losses, being in close combat range and the high potential for friendly fire from ariel forces,

Unit specialization has the potential to become much more interesting though if they start combining different classes. While on the surface it would seem riskier, I see it as actually reducing casualties. Dragons as bombers? The older dragons, the ones big enough to carry a good deal of weight, build harnesses for them with baskets on either side that can carry multiple unicorns. They can deflect attacks coming at the dragon, and also dish out their own laser attacks. Now you've got a bomber with solid armor, gunners to provide extra cover, and also the added offensive capability of a gunship and a near 360-degree firing arc.

You could do something similar with the Yaks and maybe Buffalo, depending on whether the idea of being ridden is acceptable to them, even if just in a war scenario. Here, the unicorns can either serve as mounted cavalry, launching attacks on the move, or focus entirely on shielding their 'mounts' from ranged attacks until they get in close.

Another interesting thing about Alicorns is their insane forcefield capability. Cadence was able to keep Sombra out of the Empire by herself for what, a week? Put Celestia and Luna to work on that, they could rotate shifts and keep such a shield up indefinitely. And if they go with their army that's one more situation where the Ponies are more or less untouchable until they want to press the attack.

Also realistically... they have the power to move the freaking sun... we've already seen this happen with Tirek, so THIS is probably what you'd see happen to the enemy if someone REALLY ticked off the Alicorns.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Nopony knows the real history but Celestia. And even if we do not know the real history, the vagueness of it all is enough to give a just cause to those who already despise Equestria. You don't even need them to fight, just to bother those in power.

Like ponies aren't complete a-holes. It's just their religion that's sugarcoated. The lords of Seven Kingdoms know how to play the bullshit game better than anyone. Someone with just a wee bit of charisma could score so many debate points against Twilight and the rest of them that all the copies of Friendship Journal would self-combust out of shame. There will always be those who do not like the way things are going. Song guys are far better at orchestrating takeovers by both peaceful and violent means. And exposing Harmony that thinks it can do whatever it wants does not look good on anyone that's in agreement with its rather shady ideology. They'd call it a monster. Would they be wrong? And it would only be a matter of time before the pragmatic philosophy of man sweeps across the lands of FIM with its annoying questions. There would never even be a war.

Give me a warg and a tatzelwurm and I'm bringing down each and every pony fortification with no effort at all. Even magical shields become useless since they don't reach underground.

Been there, done that before, I actually wrote about all the nonsense Sombra was spewing in order to entice his (not enslaved) Ponies to agree that Equestria had to be dealt with. Still, one more thing they have access to is the Royal Canterlot Voice. That's an advanced psychological tool long before electronics even exist, to regularly transmit a message of peace. They could also employ Naziesque propaganda tactics to kill morale. Between Celestia and Luna screaming at them day and night, the armies would never be able to sleep, and they'd slowly go insane. And why stop there? Luna can use her gifts for the reverse of their usual purpose, enter the dreams of the enemy officers and give them dark omens of doom, and while she's at it, infest them with a few Tantabi to play around with. Honing her skills well enough she could go into full-blown Inception-mode.

Taking on Harmony from a moralistic standpoint would only see limited success. The message of Harmony aligns with a few different gods (or facets of the one god) in Westeros mythology.

Alright, yes, you drive that Tazzelwurm. Yeah, you'll have some success with certain outlying settlements. Then I'll laugh when your wurm reaches rockier terrain and blunt-force-trauma's his sorry tail to oblivion and then Michael Gross can haul his carcass away to the Manehattan Museum of Natural History. Even the titanic Arrakis spice worms can only move through loose sand.

.... oh, and one final thing... the true last line of defense. Equestria's own "corbomite device." Assuming Westeros DID manage to get past all of this, the moment one specific Pony is in mortal danger or gets hurt, the biblical Plagues of Egypt will comparatively look like child's play as logic, reason, and the laws of physics, all go on an extended vacation.

Spoiler

Sleep well, Westeros.

image.thumb.png.e59fd0d2640f9c9c7b4c832dd86045d9.png

8 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Been there, done that before, I actually wrote about all the nonsense Sombra was spewing in order to entice his (not enslaved) Ponies to agree that Equestria had to be dealt with. Still, one more thing they have access to is the Royal Canterlot Voice. That's an advanced psychological tool long before electronics even exist, to regularly transmit a message of peace. They could also employ Naziesque propaganda tactics to kill morale. Between Celestia and Luna screaming at them day and night, the armies would never be able to sleep, and they'd slowly go insane. And why stop there? Luna can use her gifts for the reverse of their usual purpose, enter the dreams of the enemy officers and give them dark omens of doom, and while she's at it, infest them with a few Tantabi to play around with. Honing her skills well enough she could go into full-blown Inception-mode.

Taking on Harmony from a moralistic standpoint would only see limited success. The message of Harmony aligns with a few different gods (or facets of the one god) in Westeros mythology.

Alright, yes, you drive that Tazzelwurm. Yeah, you'll have some success with certain outlying settlements. Then I'll laugh when your wurm reaches rockier terrain and blunt-force-trauma's his sorry tail to oblivion and then Michael Gross can haul his carcass away to the Manehattan Museum of Natural History. Even the titanic Arrakis spice worms can only move through loose sand.

.... oh, and one final thing... the true last line of defense. Equestria's own "corbomite device." Assuming Westeros DID manage to get past all of this, the moment one specific Pony is in mortal danger or gets hurt, the biblical Plagues of Egypt will comparatively look like child's play as logic, reason, and the laws of physics, all go on an extended vacation.

Reveal hidden contents

Sleep well, Westeros.

image.thumb.png.e59fd0d2640f9c9c7b4c832dd86045d9.png

Yes, but that's the thing: everything outside your ordinary political speech can be considered as violence of sorts. They'd be no better than Cersei. Good luck getting people on your side.

Northerners  are in contact with powers that have more in common with Everfree than Harmony, and the shadows cast by fire and ice are far more sinister than those cast by a little pony princess. Their servants would not take kindly to a usurper.

That's speculation. The creature does live in the badlands, you know. Also, there are other monsters that offer different yet equally overwhelming tactical advantages. A roc bird doesn't even get bothered by unicorn blasts. It's a flying fortress that can disrupt any aerial operation.

Valar morghulis. Even Discord. Everything is overpowered in certain circumstances. The world with so much malice like that of Song offers more tools that can be considered overpowered in ordinary situations. Again, there would likely be no war started by the Seven Kingdoms. The longer you wait for that war to happen the greater the chance that they would have counters for all Equestrian defenses. We must take trade and research into consideration. And if Equestria does start a war, then we'd no longer have a medieval combat simulator. We'd have an Xcom 2 situation :P