Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you have good internet where you live ?

Polarismoon

Ok so I’m hoping it wasn’t already posted ! But what is your internet like ware you live ? Good ? Bad ? Or have to settle with sat. ? 

For me i have fixed internet with a tower on the house <.< 5mbs

I have very good internet (300mbps download and 30mbps upload), though, it's not the fastest in the world. Gaming, streaming, and 1080p or 4k videos do fine along with the wifi strength. Only downside about my internet is that it only runs fast whenever it feels like it. But I do live up in the hills which could be one of the reasons why :/

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Tylad said:

I have very good internet (300mbps download and 30mbps upload), though, it's not the fastest in the world. Gaming, streaming, and 1080p or 4k videos do fine along with the wifi strength. Only downside about my internet is that it only runs fast whenever it feels like it. But I do live up in the hills which could be one of the reasons why :/

that or they are taking the adventedge for not having net neutrality : /

Just now, Polarismoon said:

that or they are taking the adventedge for not having net neutrality : /

I forgot that existed. And don't get me started on Article 13 xD

I mean, I'm happy with my internet and 1000mbps is unnecessary for me.

as long as Cox Communications doesn't pay me just to search up a word in the dictionary or to watch a youtube video, I'm happy.

• Brohoof 1

I don't technically HAVE internet. I'm on my dad's phone, which I'd guess has about 15 mbps download speed and 4 mbps upload when the data hasn't ran out. Which is pretty freaking good for a cheap data plan.

Edited by Dusklicious

My internet tends to constantly fluctuate between working decently to barley working at all. It has been like this ever since I moved house, though it can be something which puts everyone in a bad mood.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as good internet, at least not in my experience. I've got good speed and all that, when it's working. But getting it to work when I want it seems like pot luck most of the time. 

I have Spectrum internet, and it's pretty good. I'm still able to get a wifi signal even at the end of our property outside, and it's good fast internet. I highly recommend it. :mlp_yeehaa:

I have satellite internet. 25mbps download and 1mbps upload. I consider it pretty good considering I live in a fairly rural area. It works great for watching youtube videos, but not so much for online multiplayer gaming or live video chats due to the high latency.

Local phone company offers 10/1 DSL, but I absolutely refuse to pay a fortune for them to tear up my property and run a line. Plus they would require landline service in addition to dsl. Nope!  :dry:

It's not that good for a lot of large downloads (since it's only ~45-65mbits, or around the speed of 4G mobile data on my network of EE (T-Mobile to Americans, and Orange to Spanyards) ) although it is OK for gaming and smaller downloads and a family of four using several devices at once!
This is overpriced though, since it is with British Telecom, and they try to charge my mum £50 a fucking month!!!!
And they won't let my mum leave to some bullshit about the exchange being full!
I'm trying to convince her to move to 3's homefi (basically a mobile hotspot, but for a router) and it's like £20 (no line rental)

• 8 months later...

No problems here – my internet is good enough for my needs. Websites load pretty fast, I can watch streamed videos without waiting too long... It's fast enough for me to get frustrated if I have to deal with a slower connection (which is thankfully rare). :P

• Brohoof 3

F437B92A-1511-46E0-A550-2592515A0C9E.jpeg

I need to restart my router apparently because it’s a bit sluggish right now. I usually sit at about 300 down, 500 up. To be fair, I’m on my phone, and am not hard wired in. I like where I live.

There are multiple ISPs to choose from in Lithuania, at least for the people who live in apartments. This forces all ISPs to offer good and cheap connections even to people living in individual houses. My primary connection is 1gbps down and 600mbps up (FTTH), it is very reliable too. I have a backup connection (100mbps down, 12mbps up) in case the main one goes down for a longer period of time. This connection is essentially free for me, since the cable TV company charges the same for cable with or without the internet connection.