Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you have good internet where you live ?

Polarismoon

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Have 40/4mbps. I have to option of getting 150mbps for cheaper if I change my current internet package. Last year I bought a gigabit router to replace the old linksys wrt160nl that got bricked after upgrading to the latest dd-wrt firmware. Had that router for 7years and I flashed it to dd-wrt the same day that I got it

Edited by zerox

• 5 months later...

It’s not the best.  I use satellite or 4G LTE.  

My power company is bringing fiber optic out to my area in the next couple years though with a 100 mbps or 1gbps option and I’m really excited about that. 

The two houses I live in have fair internet. They're both just fine for browsing the web, but the people I live with don't care about optimizing it for gaming. Regardless, I do find gaming and streaming to be fairly good, but I can't say anything about my Them's Fightin' Herds connection because I'm not wired.

I have become lazy and sometimes use my smartphone's 4G internet in the middle of nowhere. And I used to hate people for doing that. See what I have become :unsure:

• 2 months later...

I currently have 200mpbs download speed which I believe was the best here for a while. Now that same service offers 300mpbs. For my small town, I think that is quite decent. Though I had some intense problems this past week for whatever reason, the service I have usually doesn't go down. 

• Brohoof 1