Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Emojis...

BulkyBright

I'm going to get straight to the point: I hate emojis with a burning passion. No, I'm not talking about standard emojis, such as the "crying laughing" emoji (😂) and the "red heart" emoji (❤️), although I think that most of us can agree that they can be pretty cancerous (OMG WHO DID THIS 😂 👌 😲😲😲). I'm talking about the emojis that are exclusive to the MLP forums, which I'm assuming that everybody reading this is familiar with.

I'm probably the only person here that has a problem with these as most people here seem to be fine with them, using them on an at least semi-regular basis; but, for some reason, they make me want to throw up on my computer, some a lot more than others (some make me just want to straight up drink bleach, lol). Anybody else relate to this? Or am I alone?

• Brohoof 1

Considering how much I use them (I'll try not to do it too much in this post...), it won't be a surprise when I say I disagree. For me, it's the other way around – I prefer them by far to standard emoji. Some of the standard ones don't show up properly on my computer for some reason – they're so small that it's hard for me to tell what the expression is supposed to be. Probably because a lot of websites have forgotten desktop users exist?

As for using the smilies, I feel they convey the message better than just text. I find they make posts look friendlier in many cases, it's less likely that others will take a joke post seriously... Also, they're ponies so I find them cute by default. :D

• Brohoof 5

While I can understand that we're all different and have different opinions, I  in my opinion,  greatly enjoy using them.

The pony emojis just seem to add a special bonus and affect to the messages I write everyday. Plus, they're adorable!!!:wub::P:fluttershy::bedeyes::D:pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, BulkyBright said:

I'm going to get straight to the point: I hate emojis with a burning passion. No, I'm not talking about standard emojis, such as the "crying laughing" emoji (😂) and the "red heart" emoji (❤️), although I think that most of us can agree that they can be pretty cancerous (OMG WHO DID THIS 😂 👌 😲😲😲). I'm talking about the emojis that are exclusive to the MLP forums, which I'm assuming that everybody reading this is familiar with.

I'm probably the only person here that has a problem with these as most people here seem to be fine with them, using them on an at least semi-regular basis; but, for some reason, they make me want to throw up on my computer, some a lot more than others (some make me just want to straight up drink bleach, lol). Anybody else relate to this? Or am I alone?

I actually don't have a problem with the forum's emojis, it's the regular smartphone emojis I can't stand. For some reason they gross me out? also I hate it when people feel the need to say something like "I'm eating chicken" then put 20 emojis of chicken next to that, like we didn't know what you were talking about. 

• Brohoof 1

@BulkyBright

If you’d like to create a thread giving legitimate feedback regarding this website’s emojis, you may do so in the Feedback section. This thread doesn’t seem to be anything more than an excuse to be humorous. It is not constructive or likely intended to commence a meaningful discussion.

Locking.

• The topic was locked