Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does one become a staff member?

Lucky Bolt

30 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Just because I'm curious...how does a regular user of MLPF become a staff member? What qualities do they need to have to be chosen? :dash:  

This depends on the role that the person is interested in. Moderation requires a different approach than being a part of the Event Team. I’ll circle back to this when I finish grading projects

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Okay, thank you. I do however have a couple more questions...how/where would one apply to become a moderator? And what roles are there? 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lucky Bolt

Applications to be a staff member can be completed when they are made available in the Throne Room (i’m assuming we still present them this way). You will be provided with a link and you fill out the application. Once you have completed and submitted your application, it will be reviewed by current staff members of MLP Forums. If an interview is decided, you will be contacted by an administrator for an interview and an appropriate time will be discussed. The interview will take place through Discord (text) with you and some staff. After the interview, which can vary in length of time, your acceptance will be discussed between staff. If you are denied, you will be notified within a week. If you’d like more details as to why you were denied, you may certainly ask for more them from an administrator. If you are accepted, you will obviously also be notified. 

Should you be accepted, you will start out as a sectional (Wonderbolt rank). Hence the name, a sectional sticks to one section of these forums to moderate (Sugarcube Corner, Everfree Forest, etc.). You will have a chance to express your interest in areas in your application and interview. Your duties entail locking/hiding topics that are not appropriate or otherwise go against our guidelines, moving topics, and merging them as needed. A sectional does not have all of the abilities as a moderator or administrator, however. You will not have the ability to ban users, alter their profiles, put them on restrictions, etc. Your abilities lie in the section you are assigned, not the users themselves. That’s not to say that you cannot report things. We encourage sectionals to report posts that go against our guidelines even if that post is made somewhere outside of your section.

How long will you be a sectional and then promoted to moderator and eventually administrator? It really depends. We like to give sectionals time to show their knowledge and their ability to make decisions. A promotion will be decided by other staff.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

@Lucky Bolt

Do you have any other questions pertaining to staff positions? :mlp_grin:

My only other question would be...are there any staff positions open? I’ve been rather interested in joining the team. :) 

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

My only other question would be...are there any staff positions open? I’ve been rather interested in joining the team. :) 

To my knowledge, there are currently no open positions for staff additions. When there is, I will let you know right away.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

To my knowledge, there are currently no open positions for staff additions. When there is, I will let you know right away.

Thank you very much! I've been looking forward to trying out for staff for quite some time now, I await an open staff position with much anticipation. :squee: Thank you again 

Because this question has been answered...I will be closing now :mlp_grin:

• The topic was locked