Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E06 - Common Ground

FlareGun45
Message added by Jeric

Be forewarned there will be spoilers ahead

Common Ground  

93 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• I feel like Wind Sprint like how she felt about Quibble (Bleh)
    • It tried too hard (Bad)
    • I miss angry Quibble (Meh)
    • May the buckball be with you (Good)
    • D'awwww happy family! (Great)

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Meredith Salenger posted a clip on Twitter. Be prepared for possible tissues.

This literally skyrocketed my interest in the episode.
Lord. I still am not nearly as excited for it as Fenemires, Sweek and Smoky, or Between Dark and Dawn.
But this seems like it could be a real tear jerker ;(

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, RaphLuna said:

Cute yes Epic no The Perfect Pair Takes the prize in this one.

Quite unfair, even at this point, to compare CG to TPP. The latter’s MLP’s greatest episode; nothing may top it. We know nothing of CG’s quality. Nevertheless, even if it doesn’t top Perfect Pear, that doesn’t mean Common Ground won’t be either good or great, either.

• Brohoof 2

Like Quibble, I'm not a Sports person. I can empathize!

Also, the girl looks like Twilight if she was born a pegasus.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

^ Eeyup. Quibble says Wind’s dad WAS a sporty pony.

I thought "either he left her, or he's dead." And I think Hasbro has certain restrictions on discussing divorce, which made me doubt immediately that it was that.

Only 10 minutes left... I wonder how this will resolve. 

• Brohoof 1

As someone who rather enjoyed Stranger than Fanfiction and liked Quibble Pants as a character, this was an episode that looked interesting to me when I first read the synopsis.

After watching the episode, I can say that I thought this episode was a pretty good one.

As someone who enjoys continuity nods, I thought it was neat to see Buckball Season be referenced here, especially given that I didn't initially expect to see it referenced in this episode.  I enjoyed seeing the friendship between Rainbow Dash and Quibble Pants again.  Quibble's struggles to bond with Clear Sky's daughter were generally sweet. 

• Brohoof 3

That was a cute episode. Yes, RD was pushing him to do something he isn't comfortable doing but she was only really trying to help him. But in the end, being himself and honest is what made things connect.

Good episode!

• Brohoof 4

As a pro sports fan, I loved this episode. Really nice references to sports fandom, and sends a good message on how a real bond works.

• Brohoof 2

That was a nice episode. Is it bad if the episode still makes me want to ship QuibbleDash? They're so fun together. Like a straight TwiDash

• Brohoof 3

Dang man... What a good and sweet episode! ;-;

I gotta admit, it was nice to see more depth and background for Quibble Pants and how he has some trouble to have some bonding time with Windspring. He can be a goof and a nerd at times, but I like seeing this side of him. The side that really wants the best for his girlfriend and her daughter’s happiness. It’s nice that he cares about both of them and he’s willing to go out of his comfort zone just to give Windspring have some good moments with him.

Windspring’s behavior made sense in the grand scheme of things. While I don’t know what happened to her real dad (probably pass away), having her being bitter to Quibble is understandable since he’s clearly not her true dad and hasn’t really accepted him as a part of a family yet. Also it shows that she had a strong connection to her former dad with her passion with Sports. Pretty sad tale. Poor kid.

Good episode. They really nailed it with this one XD

• Brohoof 6

It has taken me a bit to warm up to Quibble as a character, and a second viewing of his debut episode was just the thing. And after Common Grounds, I find him really loveable in a strange way! It really shows that he does love Clear Sky and Wind Sprint, and his heart and intentions were in the right place. It was nice seeing a side of him that isn't his fanboy nerdy self, it makes him feel more realistic. Though there were still bits of that self sprinkled in this episode, and it was hilarious (he's got a 17 in charisma gosh darn it!) And the ending was really sweet too. He doesn't have to be someone else, he just has to admit that he isn't a sportspony like Wind's dad, and that's all okay. Seeing them bond in the end is super cute.

Rainbow was at her best too. Proud of her accomplishments, yet happy to pass them onto others. And when it turns out that sports isn't for someone, she looks deeper into the situation and offers a more emotional solution. Really, both Quibble and Dash have stolen the episode for me.

• Brohoof 9

I honestly didn't think that snips and snails would have a speaking roles, we didn't heard from them for quiet a while. The episode itself was good however they should have spend more time on qiubble trying to fit in, it felt to me the ending was a bit rushed and not satisfying enough, the moments they did spend on the family were really good and heartwarming but they showed qiubble trying and failing being sportspony too much probably. Everything still need to sink in so I'm going to watch it again, overall it was a good episode.