Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I loved Tempest shadow

Brandywine

:umad:I don't know how y'all feel but I loved tempest shadow. I know a lot of folks complain about her being very cliche with the broken horn and scar and all. However to me she had that strong Disney villain vibe like Ursula or m Maleficent or scar you know. She even had that fantastic music number. However I feel like they waisted her character arch by redeeming her I think it would have been more interesting if she had double-crossed the door the Storm King and taking the crystal for herself to restore her broken horn but that's just my opinion what do you guys think?

• Brohoof 1

I saw the interview where Emily Blunt suggested and contributed a lot to the character. She said not yelling was important to the character and I think that's why she was so charismatic. If it wasn't her, (and other supporting roles) the characters would be much more bland. As only the writing perspective, I think Tempest Shadow is not that much interesting and she's been shallowly invested and explored.

Could you imagine if Storm King actually keep his promise? :mlp_grin:

Anyway Tempest Shadow is okay I guess. Her childhood wasn't pretty so no one can actually blame her.

7 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I saw the interview where Emily Blunt suggested and contributed a lot to the character. She said not yelling was important to the character and I think that's why she was so charismatic. If it wasn't her, (and other supporting roles) the characters would be much more bland. As only the writing perspective, I think Tempest Shadow is not that much interesting and she's been shallowly invested and explored.

I agree with that whole heartedly. The reason she was so charismatic is because she never yelled. Charismatic people they say are what you call non-reactive. She was very collected the entire time even one Twilight hit a bit of a sensitive spot about how she's a pony like her and all. That and the fact that she was played by a great voice actor helps.

9 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I thought her redemption a fitting end to the movie. I also agree with Pinkie.

Fizzle-Pop Berry Twist is the most awesome name ever!

Weird I don't remember that part. That is a cute name though. 

7 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Could you imagine if Storm King actually keep his promise? :mlp_grin:

Anyway Tempest Shadow is okay I guess. Her childhood wasn't pretty so no one can actually blame her.

Oh I think that would have been more interesting they still could have had the ponies win in the end I just think it should have been a little more difficult

I enjoyed her character in the movie. I agree that she had some potential in staying a villian, though I don't really mind her redemption either. I mainly just hope she appears in the show one more time before it ends.

I admittedly don't love her as much as I did in the past, and I still remember my initial disappointment with her backstory in the movie, but I've always enjoyed the character and even appreciated her backstory more after I read the expansion on it in the comics. I also remember the reveal about her real name fondly, since both me and everyone else in the theater laughed at that part. :laugh:

46 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Can't say she didn't earn said redemption.

Sacrificing yourself to block a grenade is a good start.

Very true, I guess that my main beef is really that fim redeemed so many villains or if the were defeated they just never had the same presence as before. I wish discord had stayed a villain I wish that chrysalis and Sombra had remained the bad asses that they were in the beginning. It felt like they just dropped off and it was never the same even with the episodes that included them it felt like it was a token gesture :umad:

I absolutely adored Tempest, especially during her very Disney sounding villain song, "Open Up Your Eyes". It's why I made a Tempest Shadow Fan Club in the Fan Club section, afterall.

7 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

She is Quite good character!

Totally agree with you on that. I feel she was lots of fun 

:bedeyes:

7 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

I absolutely adored Tempest, especially during her very Disney sounding villain song, "Open Up Your Eyes". It's why I made a Tempest Shadow Fan Club in the Fan Club section, afterall.

A fan club for tempest shadow nice!

• 2 months later...