Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jeric
Message added by Jeric

There will be spoilers in this. Leave now if you want none of that. Also

AbsoluteTinyGossamerwingedbutterfly-size

She's All Yak  

104 users have voted

1. 1. YONA POLL IS BEST POLL VOTE

• Yona casts dance ... RIP School (Hated it)
    • An unfortunate yaksident (Not a fan)
    • Hm. Too Twilight. (meh it was okay)
    • So many blushies! (Liked it)
    • Kazumi + Cyoot Yona. FABULOSITY ADORABABLIZED! (Loved it!)

Interested in creating an episode thread like this? Read this first!

Title: She's All Yak
Air Date: May 11th, 2019
Written By:  Brian Hohlfeld Twitter | Site | IMDB
Synopsis: When Sandbar asks Yona to a "pony dance," Yona becomes convinced she must ponify herself to be a good friend, so she goes to Rarity and her friends for a makeover in appearance and personality.

Episode Preview

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse 

Episode Links

Weekly Comic (Soon)

Bingo Thread - Click here to join in (just for fun)

Bingo Results this week - The predictions that came true are (Rarity Solo*).

Pick a Flaw Thread 

Highlighted User Reactions - Coming Soon

Fan Clubs Generated - Coming Soon

User Blog Index - Coming Soon

Notable Fan Art - Coming Soon

Notable Fics - Coming Soon

Possible Reaction and Emote Thread - Coming Soon

HOW DO YOU SUBMIT ANYTHING YOU WANT COLLECTED IN THE OP?

Send me a PM and I'll review and add it as long as it is within the first few weeks of the episodes airing (or is really really amazing)

*I'm counting it ... Yona only sings a few lines in support

• Brohoof 3

Best pony and best student together? The two stars of next week's episode?!

medium.gif

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Any Pinkie episode which involved Yaks recently is mediocre at best so i'm not looking forward to this ep even I really want a Pinkie episode. I hope the staffs can prove me wrong somehow.

Edited by Lambdadelta

A few years ago, Rarity co-sung It’s Gonna Work, claiming that Saffron and Coriander had to become the clichéd, generic restaurant in order to attract customers. That song and her motives completely contradicted both continuity dating back from Canterlot Boutique, but also her creative morale. Those reasons made it the worst song of the season.

This clip adds little touches so Yona can “fit right in” without making her out of character.

1. In the beginning, Rarity wanted to make her stand out, only for Yona to correct her.
  2. Rarity still wants to make her stand out by stylizing her and getting her attracted to Sandbar. During the song, she eschewed some ideas for being too trendy in favor of wanting a style that works well with her.
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I heard some things about this episode, and I hope Yona isn't going to go out of her way to make herself to fit it in on a date.

A pony teaches a barbarian from the distant land how to be civilized :mlp_ooh:

That sounds a bit wrong.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

That song has a rather unique and catchy rhyming structure. I like it! Those parts about the shampooing and "Too much Twilight" cracked me up. XD

I'm curious as to which character the moral will be directed toward - Rarity, Yona, or both? We just got the moral of "be yourself" in last week's episode, so it would be unusual to duplicate it so soon.

I suppose it depends on how Sandbar and the rest of the Student 6 react to her new look and attitude of trying to be more like a pony. It could even be neither if the students end up being overly critical of her change and they become the target of the moral. (I feel this is highly unlikely, however.)

I wonder if there will be an explanation as to why Spike picked deadmau5 specifically to dress up as when he DJs, or whether this will be like the dragon costume in "Luna Eclipsed" where he dons a costume and the audience just rolls with the visual gag?

On 5/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, R.D.Dash said:

A pony teaches a barbarian from the distant land how to be civilized :mlp_ooh:

That sounds a bit wrong.

It worked for "Pygmalion"/"My Fair Lady," though we don't know without seeing the episode if the end result is Rarity becoming obsessed with her creation and forcing Yona to become something she isn't.

EDIT: And I just found out the film this episode's title is playing off of, "She's All That," (1999) is in fact a redo of "My Fair Lady." So there you go. :)

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 5

Judging from some of the sequences seen in that song, you know the fandom is going to make quick work of it in terms of both fanart and fanfiction. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already gone and done so by now.

Personally, I ship Sandbar and Gallus together

sweethearts_by_cascayd-dc6y0br.thumb.png.61a26ee22176a59b7386772fd52e0def.png

, but honestly, if Yona and Sandbar are happy together, go for it.

3303547f26575bfae70e3a6a7a4f5c33.gif.7f00adf30c449e63218972ef19e9cd53.gif

If you would like an Anthro version, open box:

Spoiler

full.thumb.png.56e6f7ad9ee46b1dda2a36fced132bb4.png

Either way, I can't wait to see.

• Brohoof 3

I'm afraid that due to Free Video Game Day (that's a thing for a few years, now), I'm gonna have to not watch this at 11:30 on Saturday. I might DVR it or wait until someone uploads the episode.

I love Rarity of course, but I wanna see Yona in this. She's quickly become a favorite of mine. :D

• Brohoof 5

This is an interesting episode idea. I can relate to Yona here. When I was a young teenager, I worried about looking my best when I went out with boys. I went to my mom and sister for help. 

• Brohoof 5

Well, going by the synopsis for this episode, its the episode I least look forward to from the synopses reviled so far. I don't care for this kind of premise and I'm afraid it will be awkward and cringe worthy(these kind of stories are usually not my cup of tea). Of course its just the synopsis and the episode might turn out to be very entertaining with a great moral, we will see I guess.

The episode was written by Brian Hohlfeld, if I'm not mistaken he also wrote "surf and\or turf" and "hearts warming club", and both episodes were good, so I think he can make it interesting. HWC is one of the best episodes revolving around the students and he really nailed their characters in that episode so its a good thing he wrote it.

The song is definitely better then the previous one this season and quite enjoyable, so it gives me hope I will actually like this episode.

(edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 11:13 AM, Jeric said:

Interested in creating an episode thread like this? Read this first!

Title: She's All Yak
Air Date: May 11th, 2019
Written By:  Brian Hohlfeld Twitter | Site | IMDB
Synopsis: When Sandbar asks Yona to a "pony dance," Yona becomes convinced she must ponify herself to be a good friend, so she goes to Rarity and her friends for a makeover in appearance and personality.

934718.gif.1c8ad9c67a49309bd127fac943ca4867.gif

I'd watch it to hear Kazumi Evans sing. But since I've already seen that part there's not much point anymore. I'm lost for words at what this series has turned into.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm excited for this episode!! Apparently

Spoiler

there's a song in it as well, according to the OP

OwO I'm hyped

Edited by Crystal Daze