Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What should be done with Apple Jack in G5? Speculation video included...

Sugar-Fable

Would You Watch It?  

4 users have voted

1. 1. Would You Watch It?

• Yes!
    • No
    • Maybe?

@Sugar-Fable

Just so you are aware, I have altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context and more of an ability to generate a discussion. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I hope they shelve the G4 Mane 6 entirely. It’s not fair for G5 to keep itself in the shadow of G4 by retaining the same names for the main characters. Since they’re making G5 immediately after G4, which has been successful through its entire run, it would be very confusing to use the same names.

This isn’t something like Transformers, where there has always been a tradition of different continuities using the same characters. (Every iteration of Optimus Prime is essentially the same person, just in different possible universes.) The main characters of the G5 show are going to be substantially different from the Mane 6 of G4 (unlike Optimus and Megatron, who are always just about the same), so they should use different names.

• Brohoof 2

That's actually what I was thinking when I first heard of the G5 rumors - That it'd be weird to have a complete new world but have the same characters... It could only hurt them as it will cause people to compare it unfairly even if it is a good show on it's own. But I do like the videos idea of G5 as well - I think it'd make for an interesting show. 

(edited)

Oh right, that. Some people would say that Applejack never had a problem, unless those people find representation of a Southern fruit farmers "not up to their standards" :toldya:

In that case I am just going to say that other characters had problems, (Flutters was like an example of that hippie kid that was forced to hang out with the cool kids) but for some reason none of those other ponies weren't "misrepresented"

Spoiler

Ponies in the magic school already been done, I don't see the reason to beat a dead horse by shoehorning ponies into another school :mlp_grin:

Edited by R.D.Dash

Hogwarts+MLP 

As a fan of those  two.....I love the idea of that. I think Applejack being a flutterpony is a good fitting for her, and interesting enough that she want to break out from a posh community. Also while keeping the persona of an dignified pony who values honor, culture, and who's full of confident. That's applejack. The Rarity idea seems quite fitting too since she would be the same drama queen diva just not in fashion-wise. 

Overall I like her ideas compared to the ones I heard about so far. 

There is a way to make a very popular girl who holds very conservative values. Just make sure to test your writers' testosterone levels before you order them to forge one for you.

1936835.thumb.png.19e68f02642c5cadbb8be26238b4ad5a.png

I really wouldn't want Applejack in G5. Her character only came purely from the very first G1 special.

Not only that, she's also one of the least popular of the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Van123 said:

each generation is new, something that is not related to the previous one.

Spoiler

In the leaked G5 emails, they were planning on keeping the main 6.

Spoiler

Its possible that the leaked main 6 designs are just a test, to see what g5 characters would look like without making up characters and compare them with the old design. Although they will include some of the main 6 names in the next generation. Its a bad idea to just re-make the main 6 with slightly different personalities, it would be to similar to g4, which would hurt it since it would be compared to it a lot and not judged by what it is. Although the idea toning down the unicorns(they are just to op compared to the other races) is a good one, making the main character an earth pony is really appealing to me. From what I heard at least, g5 have tons of potential and the franchise might have a bright future.   

• Brohoof 1

Not sure why few people like Applejack.  I like all of them and if you dissect each character's personality and apply reason, you can see why they all fit in the show, and corresponding subplots.

Without Applejack we wouldn't have the Apple family or Cutie Mark Crusaders.  In my opinion keep all the Mane 6 but IT shouldn't be about them still.