Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anybody else hate coffee and alcohol?

Fluttershutter

A slight change from when I last posted in here. Near the start of the year, I kind of developed a taste for wine. Nothing too mad, just a glass every now and then maybe when I'm writing or drawing. Originally, I bought a bottle just to have a glass before bed each night after my body started demanding it for that oddly specific purpose.

• Brohoof 1

If I go a day without coffee, I'll end up with a headache that night. I tend to drink coffee straight -- no milk, no sugar. As for alcohol, I'm on daily meds so I can't take in any alcohol.

Lately I've started experimenting with adding spices, if just for their effects. These include turmeric, cinnamon and ginger. As for the taste, it's pretty meh (just like plain coffee) but if it's healthier than straight coffee, I'm down for that.

(edited)

I love coffee, it's amazing and wonderful, although anymore though I stick to decaf coffee. I don't wanna become dependent on caffeine. 

Now.....alcohol can be fun when consumed in responsible amounts. I stress responsible. :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 4 months later...

I don't have anything personal against alcohol, but I want to find out how long I can live without drinking any, so never tried it

Pure coffee is too strong and bitter for me, drinkable only with milk and sugar. I drink it occasionally once a few months

Tea is the way

• Brohoof 1

Well, I hate alcohol and I am not that big fan of coffee. I can drink a coffee, but then with a lot of milk. But at all, I prefer tea. And alcohol, even it would be rude when a person wants to give me an alcoholic drink, I just don't want to drink it. I am a anti-acloholic. I once drunk a beer and it was so icky for me. I also once tried some liqueur and it also was disgusting for me. So, no alcohol for me.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:16 PM, Thuja said:

I used to drink coffee a while ago but I figured there was no point in me drinking it.  I didn't enjoy the taste unless it was drowned out by sugared creamer and getting the coffee grounds themselves were expensive.  Sure, I could buy instant and I have bought it before, I just think it tastes worse than "normal" coffee I do have some in the cabinet for cooking but that's pretty much it.  However, I do enjoy coffee ice cream sometimes but only because it's so sugary.

Lol, guess who's drinking C O F F E E again?!?  I think my main problem with coffee is finding one that's to my preferred tastes, even though coffee can be expensive to get, I found one that works out for me while still indulging my caffeine needs.  I found a bean that's to my liking that doesn't taste like overly roasted charcoal and it has a smoother taste imo.  It's a bean from my local bulk store and I appreciate it.  It's definitely one of those things that I like to indulge in, I can also drink this coffee black but I normally prefer some sort of creamer, old habits die hard I suppose...

Still don't like alcohol or anything else carbonated or fermented though and I don't think it's something I really want to try getting over, just don't like the mouth feel of any of those alcoholic, carbonated or fermented drinks.

• 2 years later...

I like coffee, but I might only have it like once or twice a week. Alcohol I don't particularly care for. I don't dislike it, but I generally don't drink it that much. Like I'll drink something if I'm in a social setting, but I usually just prefer to be the designated driver.

On 2019-05-09 at 10:32 PM, Fluttershutter said:

Alcohol is stuff that's been left to rot and coffee is just bitter. :eww:

People force themselves to like this stuff for social reasons but I'm pretty antisocial so I only drink what I like. Mostly water but I love soda, sometimes juice.

I never drink coffee or alcohol as well! Those things are expensive, doesn't truly taste good compared to lemonade and are more likely to cause health issues! You can even get addicted since they are both drugs even if coffee isn't the strongest drug! :huh:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

I never drink coffee or alcohol as well! Those things are expensive, doesn't truly taste good compared to lemonade and are more likely to cause health issues! You can even get addicted since they are both drugs even if coffee isn't the strongest drug! :huh:

Supposedly coffee is good for you now. Most things that don't taste good are.

And yeah, soda's getting super expensive these days. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Fluttershutter said:

Supposedly coffee is good for you now. Most things that don't taste good are.

And yeah, soda's getting super expensive these days. :dry:

People who drink coffee are more likely to have heart attacks and the body of those who drink that on a regular basis will become dependant of it to generate it's energy for the day.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I love coffee -- but do I really? I mean, is it really coffee when you load it up with sugar and cream? :toldya: 
Alcohol, on the other hand, blegh. Always manages to ruin a sweet drink. Why "fix" what's not broken. :yuck:

1 hour ago, Silky The Smoll said:

I love coffee -- but do I really? I mean, is it really coffee when you load it up with sugar and cream? :toldya: 
Alcohol, on the other hand, blegh. Always manages to ruin a sweet drink. Why "fix" what's not broken. :yuck:

Do you drink coffee on a regular basis? :ooh: