Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are final things for one to do before high school ends?

LucasB

@Egg-3

Just so you are aware, I have altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context and giving it the ability to commence a discussion.

Burnout in the school parking lot? :P

I hardly remember my last day of high school. Once I drove out of the parking lot, I didn't look back and still don't miss it a decade later. I would say hang out with your friends and try to keep in touch with them afterwards.

Depends which 'last day' you're referring to.

I remember that the last exam I was in for was a STEP exam that I was taking just for the sake of taking it (as it wasn't needed for the universities I wanted to go to, but I would always have been curious if I hadn't tried it.) There was also a physics party, which I'm glad I went to - we had cake, the teacher nearly stabbed me by accident by holding a knife while making an exuberant hand gesture and I asked a couple of questions about subatomic physics that had been bothering me*. I remember climbing into the car afterwards and saying something to the effect of "Well, that's that."

The other 'last day' would be results day, when I drove in to pick up my results. I'd already had an e-mail from my university at around 7am confirming that I was in, so without that suspense it was a really great day; talking with other people about what they were going to do, where they were going to go and what they would be studying gave a huge sense of anticipation and optimism (one that I've tried to hold close ever since.)

Getting drunk and setting notes on fire are also supposed to be traditional activities, but not ones I'd encourage.

*yes, I was that sort of student.

Depends if you’re going to college or something afterwards. If you are, avoid loans whenever possible, go to learn a skill that will allow you to get a job after school, etc. so basically the last time you should do in high school is make sure your ducks are in a row. If you’re taking “a year off” or just going straight to work? Get ready for the real world. 

• Brohoof 1