Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would SoarinDash work?

LilEaZydaPonyGod

(edited)

Would it or Won't it? Your opinion. (No shipping wars) Do I think it? Nah. Soarin to me is just a one-dimensional character. Dash and Soarin almost never interact. I just prefer them as close friends.

Edited by LilEaZydaPonyGod

They had one of the best comics together which relies a lot on their chemistry and  really made them a great duo.

and now that QuibbleDash is sunk I can go back to this one

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

If it has to work, Soarin's character has to be developed way further. And Rainbow Dash should too in a way that fits the situation. Not that I'm saying it's impossible.

Soarin is a Wonderbolt, and that's the only reason why Soarin-Dash shipping exists. I think there should be something more to the equation for the chemistry to work.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

(edited)
2 hours ago, This Whomps said:

They had one of the best comics together which relies a lot on their chemistry and  really made them a great duo.

Hide contents

Soarin is not her lover, Soarindash is a pairing made by fans and is not part a relationship. They never had chemistry. they're just best friends and not work, is fake. 

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1

I find some of the SoarinDash ship art cute, but I really find Soarin a bland character for now. I hardly even care to see him on screen. I'm sure he's got some good development in some fanfics, but I haven't read any about Soarin as of yet.

(edited)

Maybe a few years ago it could have worked, but now I feel like they put Soarin on the shelf somewhere. Maybe she gives him a googley eyes while at work, I don't know.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

SoarinDash never could work, because that is a fake ship and to pretend them and interpret them as a couple are not official. The wonderbotls (spitfire and soarin) are idols and friends with her. All that was is friendship.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Stormfurry said:

Ayy...yes it would! B/c off-camera stuff. :P

315684977a4f93712f88c84c00a5a68f.png

this is fake, this ship no has not logic, is a pairing made by fans and don't becomes anything because it is not official. Soarin is with Spitfire and they are friends of Dash. Not to interpret them as a couple.

Edited by Van123

3 hours ago, Van123 said:

this is fake, this ship no has not logic, is a pairing made by fans and don't becomes anything because it is not official. Soarin is with Spitfire and they are friends of Dash. Not to interpret them as a couple.

It is to me. I want them to have a family. I'm going to marry them - posthaste. 

• Brohoof 2

No.

My hatred for soarin and the ship aside, there would have to be some pretty heavy changes to either Rainbow's or soarin's personality (or both of their personalities) for that to work out, at least for more than a couple of months. They're just not a good pair.

Would it work? Depends on the writers of the show, whether they would develop Soarin some more, make him an interesting character.

Would I be interested? Not really. Rainbow Dash is not the kind of character that would benefit or hinder for having a relationship.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Hide contents

I mean they didn’t destroy SoarinDash yet. I guess I should start reading the comics so I can be somewhat less disappointed when I see stuff like that. Thanks.

19 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

...I ship it, and let's be honest, how could it not work?

By them behaving as they have during the whole series.

6 hours ago, Kamii said:

Would it work? Depends on the writers of the show, whether they would develop Soarin some more, make him an interesting character.

This. After so many years being a Wonderbolt, how many times have we seen Dash and Soarin hanging out? Even at the background would be nice. But they really don't have enough quality interactions to work as they are.

Quibble had the superior dynamic with Dash in a single episode, and after his second one he's still miles ahead in terms of chemistry. Even when they're obviously not into each other romantically.

• Brohoof 1

Knowing their individual personalities, they'd be more likely to be in a friends-with-benefits type relationship than have a romantic one. :bedeyes:

But there may be military rules that restrict team members from even being in relationships at all to prevent cohesion issues from arising. If so, Soarin would have to retire before they could start a relationship of any sort.

Ehh... From season 1-5 it seemed like a viable ship, but season 6's Newbie Dash did much to ruin it (and the wonderbolts in general). Plus he's become more of a background pony as the show has gone on, and he was a more interesting character in season 1 than he is now... :dry:

(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, Kamii said:

Would I be interested? Not really. Rainbow Dash is not the kind of character that would benefit or hinder for having a relationship.

Actually, Soarin is a minor character, the writers don't choose or develop the minor characters making them important because he's not important. He is one of the ponies who had problems of friendship and loyalty. The only pony who works with her is zephyr, but said no character would not fall in love, since lot of people would be disappointed.

On 5/11/2019 at 6:26 PM, DonMaguz said:

By them behaving as they have during the whole series.

This. After so many years being a Wonderbolt, how many times have we seen Dash and Soarin hanging out? Even at the background would be nice. But they really don't have enough quality interactions to work as they are.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:43 PM, TheTaZe said:

Possibly. Not really into ships at all but I could see it working.

Spitfire is a wonderbolt too and with him is her second-in-command, Rainbow dash helped her heroes to get togerher again, bring back Soarin to the team (replacing him by Dash, and they repent) and Spitfire the same (the episode after she was blamed for a crime that she did not, and Soarin is glad to see spitfire again). They cared for each other and thanks to Dash's help. In the comic it was also the same, Spitfire worries by Soarin, and also the help brought him back, the Dash's help too. Both with her was loyalty, trust and friendship to each other,  never interaction etc; 

On 5/12/2019 at 6:05 AM, Truffles said:

Knowing their individual personalities, they'd be more likely to be in a friends-with-benefits type relationship than have a romantic one. :bedeyes:

But there may be military rules that restrict team members from even being in relationships at all to prevent cohesion issues from arising. If so, Soarin would have to retire before they could start a relationship of any sort.

He is not even in a relationship, both of them have a different personality. Quibble pants and even Spitfire had a personality very similar to Rainbow Dash and while Soarin is quite and shy as Fluttershy and  respectful. I am shipper but I don't declare them as canon, we're just playing and watch them as one and something that wouldn't work.

Edited by rainbowflitz34

I personally think it could...I mean, Dash is the tough kind, and I always thought pairing her with a fellow wonderbolt is a good idea. And to complement her tough personality her partner could be someone more calm/mellow? And well Soarin takes the cake there.

there’s people who pair him up with Spitfire, but, imo, she’s too bossy (I actually relate to her in that regard lol, but I think she’s way too dominant)

On 5/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Stormfurry said:

It is to me. I want them to have a family. I'm going to marry them - posthaste. 

:bea: That guy is annoying. He’s been telling people not to ship Soarindash or Fluttercord everywhere for years now because Dash and Flutters are his waifus

(edited)
1 hour ago, FuchsiaPalette said:

I personally think it could...I mean, Dash is the tough kind, and I always thought pairing her with a fellow wonderbolt is a good idea. And to complement her tough personality her partner could be someone more calm/mellow? And well Soarin takes the cake there.

there’s people who pair him up with Spitfire, but, imo, she’s too bossy (I actually relate to her in that regard lol, but I think she’s way too dominant)

From the beginning she was a big fan of them. Pairing her up with someone is just a opinion our and for fun, not official. Soarin is the Spitfire's companion. That's not could work

Edited by Van123