Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the last episode guaranteed to disappoint?

leimagnus

The community no doubt has all kinds of different ideas on how they think/want it to end and the show's creators can't do it all.

Because of that, do you think the episode will be one of the more disappointing episodes overall?

It doesn't have to be if you don't have unreasonable expectations. It's not like My Little Pony has a continuous story that needs concluding. 

• Brohoof 2

The season finale is going to disappoint some people no matter what happens. There are fans that have things they want to see and don’t want to see. There are also fans who don’t have a care in the world how it all ends. Not everyone is going to be satisfied so yes, it will disappoint some. I have my own expectations for the series finale but I have a feeling that they are too high.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

It's hard to tell because the last episode hasn't aired yet. There are high expectations that have been set for it, it is the show's last episode after all, but even if it fails to meet those expectations that doesn't mean the majority of fans will hate it.

Edited by EpicEnergy

(edited)

It really depends, if the show is going to have lackluster season finale,then yes.

Spoiler

Grogar has a heart attack and dies from old age :P.

If in the last episode villains would be competent enough to give us satisfying conclusion, then maybe.

Edited by R.D.Dash

I think if they make the last episode the Citizen Cane of TV cartoons, some people would still be disappointed. But that's not the point. I think I would be disappointed because it's an unworthy, simply a bad episode to the whole series. I'm speculating based on last seasons. I really hope I'm 100% wrong.

The final episode is guaranteed to disappoint some fans, the ending won't satisfy everyone even if the ending is epic and heartwarming and loved by the majority of the fans. Some won't like that twilight will become the ruler, or the reformation of tirek, chrysalis and cozy glow(or if there won't be a reformation some will be disappointed by that). I think the last episode will be really good, especially if the lady writers has a say in it. Or if the last episode is just slice of life it will disappoint the fans who want an epic final episodes while the fans of slice of life will be happy.  

If you look at it to be disappointing it probably will be disappointing to you. For me on the other hand, I will be watching it with an open mind because it would be the series finale.

(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 10:13 AM, PCutter said:

So everyone here is saying that watching 10 years worth of MLP was a waste of everything.

Not Every single person is saying that.

Please don't put words in people's mouths.

I already said that as long as the world is safe, I'll be fine. And especially grateful for the journey these characters gave us these past 9 years.

Edited by Will Guide

• 2 months later...

Hey. Haven't been here in a while. Just seen all the replies.
I agree with the consensus and especially with what @FearTheBelle said.
It was mainly why I raised the question in the first place.

I think it's natural that people will have a higher expectation of the finale than other episodes.
But the writers have recognised important milestones in the past so I'm sure they'll do a good job.

Honestly, I think season 9 is really enjoyable. Season 8 did a good job on lowering my expectations.

All I can say is we'll just have to wait and see.

Whether it will be "disappointing" to you will depend on your expectation and values.

• Brohoof 2

It's unlikely that the final episode won't disappoint someone, though that can depend on what mindset you walk in with.

• Brohoof 2