Bakugou Is My Man <3

General Why Did Your Romantic Relationship End?

Why did one of your romantic relationships end?

My most recent relationship, which was last year, ended due to us having drastically different views on how a relationship should function. It became the source of much, much arguing. He ended up leaving me. I tried to work things out but he insisted it wasn’t meant to be. It took me a good chunk of time to get over it but looking back on it, he was right. All of that arguing was not healthy and neither of us were willing to compromise or back down. I guess it was a matter of pride?

• Brohoof 2
  • Sad 2

I left my last ex because he just became too distant... He sort of stopped talking to me at a point and I decided to break it off. Honestly, I didn't entirely feel comfortable in the relationship anyways.

But the breakup was pretty nasty. He verbally assaulted me accusing me of being shallow, among other things... I was honestly scared... That lasted for months until he finally conceded that he was being overly dramatic and I made concessions of my own, and we've since parted ways. I have not talked to my ex in over 2 years and in a way I hope I don't have to.

But, I don't need him now. I have a new boyfriend now and we're closer than I ever felt with my ex, and it's just been 3 months instead of 9. I've also seen him multiple times in real life, and I should be seeing him soon! :wub: 

Edited by Dusksud
Saturday didn't pan out... :(
  • Brohoof 3
  • Yay 1

Eh, it was my fault. I honestly started to kinda take her for granted. But it was triggered by her lack of feelings due to some personal issues. I should have taken more time to understand what she was going through, rather than allow her anger and frustration trouble me so deeply...I should have been stronger to help her. But it was hard to be around her. I started letting go, then we just fizzled out. Not a painful parting, but I still wonder if she's okay. 

I was stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Badges

I honestly have no clue. She never discussed her reasons, just broke it off. I don't know if it was something else, or if it was her feeling like it could turn out bad for us to be together - her family was very homophobic. But she seemed pretty confident in showing traits of herself that would put her at odds with members of her family, so I shouldn't assume.

When we reconnected as friends again years later and then eventually stopped talking to me without any warning, I can't say what specifically happened there, either. In self reflection, I think in this second time around (it wasn't ever really a relationship this time, let me make that clear), I showed her a really immature side of me. In one incident I revealed quite a bratty dependence to her, and it might have frustrated her (it should have). I also never revealed to her the real reason I can't drive (which if I drove myself, this one incident wouldn't have occurred... Or at least not in the same fashion). That seems odd, because I could tell her everything else. I can only assume that bothered her because she hinted at it from time to time, that I should get driving.

But all of that happened a solid year and a half before she just shut me out altogether. So whether it was problems with me, or her just shutting down from others (which did happen not too long after), I don't really know. I wish she would have communicated what was going on - we were the bestest of friends for a very long time. But I respect her right to not have me in her life, and I just hope she's doing okay.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

Badges

Well, the reason I don't RP anymore, you know when you mix the RP with the real person and you loose control of the situation. Mostly my fault, but neither is she all inocent. But yes, mostly my fault.

Badges

12 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Eh, it was my fault. I honestly started to kinda take her for granted. But it was triggered by her lack of feelings due to some personal issues. I should have taken more time to understand what she was going through, rather than allow her anger and frustration trouble me so deeply...I should have been stronger to help her. But it was hard to be around her. I started letting go, then we just fizzled out. Not a painful parting, but I still wonder if she's okay. 

I was stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

This sounds exactly how one of my exes now thinks. Crazy...

The only relationship I've been in ended because my girlfriend cheated on me. Looking back I can understand why she was unhappy. I was young and didn't know anything about relationships (I was about as innocent as a person can get in that regard. A year and a half of dating and we never kissed), but nothing justifies cheating.

I'll probably never forgive her, at least not fully. I tend to hold on to grudges, and she caused a lot of problems for me. She killed what little self confidence I had and it's been a long process just to regain a small fraction of what I had (Please be loyal in relationships. If it's not working out for whatever reason, just talk to them. You'll cause a lot less pain for them AND yourself that way. Either work through the problems or end the relationship maturely, for Celestia's sake).

Badges

She and I were BFFs before we tried dating and we ended up in a LOT of arguments, I was also working through an eating disorder at the time so I was even more irritable and pissy.

Long story short we ended up breaking up and she reached out to me a few years later and we're BFFs again, she's married to a wonderful girl and I wouldn't trade my friend for the world.

Funny how stuff works sometimes

11 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

This sounds exactly how one of my exes now thinks. Crazy...

Is he wrong?

Badges

Just now, Mirage said:

Is he wrong?

I’m not going to say that he was wrong or right but I will agree that more time should have been taken to consider what was going on with me. I feel like things could have worked out had we just sat down and talked about it rather than him making the decision to leave... I suppose I could have taken the time to consider how he was feeling as well. In my opinion, there is no problem that can’t be fixed. I have changed as a person and how I handle relationships immensely. I can only hope that I can get into contact with him one day and start over. 

8 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

I’m not going to say that he was wrong or right but I will agree that more time should have been taken to consider what was going on with me. I feel like things could have worked out had we just sat down and talked about it rather than him making the decision to leave... I suppose I could have taken the time to consider how he was feeling as well. In my opinion, there is no problem that can’t be fixed. I have changed as a person and how I handle relationships immensely. I can only hope that I can get into contact with him one day and start over. 

That's very thoughtful of you.

As for me, I don't want to get back together with her, but I do still care about her. Chances are she'll never talk to me again. But for you, obviously your situation is different.

Badges

In the end, I think the only romantic relationship I was in ended due to distance. Not just physical distance, but over the four years we were together in love, we just...grew a part. Not to mention that she had her own career aspirations and the both of us had to call it off.

There's no hard feelings between us and she now has a fiance, so in the end I am happy for her. It all worked out good for her in the end and that's all I could ask for.

Badges

After 6 months of dating, I found out that she never even liked me that way in the first place. She didn't want to say anything to me because she didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me the truth. Well, too late for that. It took a while but we became friends again.

Badges

My last relationship ended because I didn't feel like I loved him anymore, and so I ended up breaking up with him.

my last breakup lasted 7hours, and it was because I didn't feel like I was good enough for him

Badges

Abuse. Lots and lots of abuse by my ex. There was physical, emotional, mental and sexual abuse. I was too cowarldy to leave him on my own, as he always tried to guilt trip me. It took both my former friend and my former housemate/landlord to help me leave my ex. I would have been wrecked if it were a monogamous relationship, but I had my fallbacks, thankfully, because without my other partners, I may not have made it through the pain of everything. Even now, the memories of what he had done to me over the three years I had been with him, still hurts.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 3

Badges

Her parents hated Americans and it was unbeknownst to me...and a bit contriving I think...b/c I didn't get any support at all from her after she told me. 

Badges

We were both simply too mentally ill for each other. Our issues played off of each others' and it was honestly a total mess of a relationship full of constant crying, worries, and miscommunications, sprinkled with wants and needs not being met a plenty. 

Simply because I stopped caring.

Spoiler

This was years ago, but technically we weren’t couple, she was a friend of mine who I fall for. She didn’t want to be in a relationship, thus I did the best thing by continue to be her friend. She didn’t take that either. So at the end if she can’t see the person I am for her, so be it. She was not worth my time. 

Badges

I ended my relationship with my last ex because, honestly I felt like I was too young at the time to even be in a relationship and it was my first relationship at that and, I dunno, I just kind of jumped into it on impulse I guess.  

It only last about a month before I decided to call it quits. I sometimes still see him around here on the forums and I wish I could just forget him tbh....but I can't and probably never will. :maud:

• Brohoof 2
  • Sad 1

Badges

23 hours ago, Envy said:

I honestly have no clue. She never discussed her reasons, just broke it off. I don't know if it was something else, or if it was her feeling like it could turn out bad for us to be together - her family was very homophobic. But she seemed pretty confident in showing traits of herself that would put her at odds with members of her family, so I shouldn't assume.

I get homophobia and it's a sad thing to deal with, even if it isn't really there... I was worried for the longest time that my family and my friends and everyone I knew wouldn't accept me for being gay. It hurt my relationship with my last ex... :(

Edited by Dusklicious

He was... distant, to say the very least.

18 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I sometimes still see him around here on the forums and I wish I could just forget him tbh....but I can't and probably never will. :maud:

I know what that’s like :/

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 2

Badges

I dated a sociopath for a few months. They were the longest months of my life. Everything was about control with her. The mind games she played were brutally stress inducing and I was gaslit for my troubles often. I drew the line eventually and broke up with her, but she stalked me for three years afterwards. I've since moved and changed my phone number.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Badges

I’m married now but the last guy who was my boyfriend before I met him, and before I dated around for about 6 months (very confusing for a serial monogamist) I was with for four years, but overseas. We actually met in World of Warcraft, and I was planning on going to live with and marry him. He was in Australia. I was in California at the time. It wasn’t the distance that split us up, but rather our distinct and jarring personality differences. 

He was a gambler. Slots would do, but roulette was his favorite. He liked to drink. I think I could count on one hand the number of alcoholic drinks I’ve had in the last two years. He was deeply insecure which could sometimes manifest into manipulation. Not often, but it was part of his ugly side. The one that really drove me up the wall though was his spontaneity. I plan everything, and get nervous if I don’t. I haven’t spoken with him in years; he’s not the one that got away because we would never have worked, but I do care deeply for him even now and hope he’s well, and not gone down a dangerously destructive road, as was always my fear for him. 

Badges

On 5/14/2019 at 5:10 AM, Fluttertastic 16 said:

I’ve never been in a relationship before.

I am turning 30 this year and I haven't been either. :crackle:

On 5/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, Lady Moonspell said:

I would have been wrecked if it were a monogamous relationship, but I had my fallbacks, thankfully, because without my other partners

I am actually considering polyamory in the long run, but not having a relationship at all so far - I think I'd like to start with a mono one, definitively. Maybe I am scared, or it "just doesn't feel right" to me, but it is on my long term radar. I also very much differentiate between polyamory and open relationships.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:19 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

I ended my relationship with my last ex because, honestly I felt like I was too young at the time to even be in a relationship and it was my first relationship at that and, I dunno, I just kind of jumped into it on impulse I guess.  

Your age then?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, Troblems said:

I met him, and before I dated around for about 6 months (very confusing for a serial monogamist) I was with for four years, but overseas.

Me confused. Dated for 6 months or 4 years?

Badges