Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E08 - Frenemies

FlareGun45
Message added by MangoFoalix

Remember, this thread is full of spoilers. If you click on this thread, you should know what you are getting yourself into.

Episode Poll  

114 users have voted

1. 1. What did you thing!

• Grogar too OP pls nerf - Hated it
    • Chrysalis changes into your waifu and drains you - Not a fan
    • Grogar reads 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' and falls asleep - It was okay
    • Tirek chills while all of you vote - Liked it
    • Cozy casts "Adorbs" -- It's super effective - LOVED IT

Title: Frenemies

Airdate: May 18, 2019 (Discovery Family); May 15, 2019 (Cartoonito, Italian)

Written by: Mike Vogel

Synopsis: Grogar sends his Legion of Doom to become allies, but his plan works too well and they almost become friends.

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse 

Click here for bingo thread:

Since no one is offering to make this episode post - I decided to do it cause it's two days after the Monday this was supposed to be made. 

I'm not sure whether or not Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy are trying to be allies with eachother, or with the enemy. Another synopsis says "with the enemy", but it could be a typo, which I hope so! It woulda been so much more interesting to see the chemistry between the villains and maybe learn their backstories! However, if they do plan on befriending the enemy, I hope they disguise themselves to maintain the element of surprise!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, there goes the suspense for this Sombra Justice Warrior. :laugh: And no, it's not just me. Believe it or not, there is even a comic by the legendary Silver Quill making fun of this. 

2039181.png

Real talk, I respect whatever the writers have done and what some fans want by actually not wanting or caring for him to return. Regardless, this makes me laugh. 

large.png

Spoiler

Sombra does not appear in it from what I've gathered. That's fine, moving on. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Update.

I saw the Italian dub. And guess what: 😣

It was terrible!!! 😤

And no, I don't mean the dubbing voices, I mean the episode itself. No Mane Six (other than Twilight impersonated by Chrysalis), no Crusaders, no Spike, and no Starlight at all. Just four villains doing absolutely nothing interesting!

15 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Hide contents

It was terrible!!! 😤

And no, I don't mean the dubbing voices, I mean the episode itself. No Mane Six (other than Twilight impersonated by Chrysalis), no Crusaders, no Spike, and no Starlight at all. Just four villains doing absolutely nothing interesting!

Even Twilight wasent even in the episode they didn’t even credit her in the voice cast.

18 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Hide contents

It was terrible!!! 😤

Spoiler

I know right!!? How dare they write out the heroes for one episode to tell something different and fun!!! :lostit:

• Brohoof 8

(edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 3:28 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Well, there goes the suspense for this Sombra Justice Warrior. :laugh: And no, it's not just me. Believe it or not, there is even a comic by the legendary Silver Quill making fun of this. 

2039181.png

Real talk, I respect whatever the writers will do and what some fans want by actually not wanting or caring for him to return. Regardless, this makes me laugh. 

large.png

Another reason he's #NotMyKingSombra...

FIENDship and Siege actually developed him; S9 just threw him away.

Edited by Anti-Villain

I did not watch the episode because I want to see it in English, however I did see a few screenshots and all I have to say is that I can hardly wait, it looks very promising from what I have seen!:yay:

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
  • This topic was pinned and featured

AVOIDING EARLY LEAKS so I'm avoiding the spoiler boxes

Regardless of how the extreme fanbase wants it, I want this final season and this episode to be its own thing for better or worse. After all, as I see myself as a believer of the Multiverse, I see whatever's going to happen in this coming episode to simply be ONE way of how things play out. And that there's an entire "tree" with branches of alternative universes where things played out differently than the "canon" way. In other words, even if the official version isn't what one expects it to be, there's always fanon of What If's 

• Brohoof 2

I'll wait for the English version to appear which will be in a few days. The wait isn't that long and avoiding spoilers is easy if you know how and where to go.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Probably a stupid question, but why doesn't Tirek just absorb Grogar's magic while he's off-guard?

Maybe he is immune to his powers in some way, or he is too strong for it to work?
Besides, I doubt that Grogar is dull enough to ever put his guard down with any of them.
He is a villain himself, after all, he knows how it works and not to actually trust them.

• Brohoof 5

56 minutes ago, Passion said:

@Odyssey if the episode is not good I just want to let it be known that I officially will blame you for it.

Well if the episode turns out to be amazing instead, I will thank you for it. We're even now.

16 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Probably a stupid question, but why doesn't Tirek just absorb Grogar's magic while he's off-guard?

Grogar's been doing this a LOT longer than any of the other villain on the show; I really don't see him being off'd anywhere near that easily.

16 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Well, grogar probably won't put his guard down near the other villains who have a fair chance to betray him, tirek probably knows he can't absorb his magic yet(he could not absorb the princesses magic until he stole the magic from immense amount of ponies) and if he tries and fails grogar will either kill him or sent him back to tartarus so its not worth the risk.

• Brohoof 3

Well, today's the day. I have a feeling I'm not gonna enjoy it, but at least I can play The Misadventures of Tron Bonne after, because it's a prequel to Mega Man Legends, where you play as the bad guy.

Well, the episode was written by Mike Vogel and he has an impressive record, among the episodes he wrote there are(if I'm not mistaken): "A Hearth's Warming Tail", "Stranger Then Fanfiction",  "Every Little Thing She Does", "To where and back again", "The mean six" and "Best Gift Ever", all of these are great episodes in my opinion so I have confidence in his writing skills and I am pretty sure this episode will not disappoint.

• Brohoof 2