Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you wear a uniform?

Narcissus

Do you wear a uniform of any kind? Any kind of uniform can apply; It can be military, school, sports, job-related or anything you can think of. Feel free to describe or post pics of what you wear for special tasks, special appearances or formalities beyond your ordinary mode of dress. Do you like wearing a uniform? Do you dislike it? Tell us what you think. 

Back in my senior year of high school, we are required to wear uniforms as there was a dress code in place. The uniform consisted of a navy blue polo shirt with the school name and logo, and khaki pants. If you ask me, it wasn't really the best looking outfit.

Probably only when I worked in retail and food service. Those were fun days.

(edited)

I want to a private school K-12 and uniform is all I have ever worn during those years. Navy suit and pants with plaid ties. To match our school colors. Today, it’s just more like dress code for my workplace as a salesman and scrubs for my other job at the hospital. Quite frankly, I like wearing uniforms over a dress code. Depending what it’s representing. 

Edited by TBD

At one of my elementary schools we had uniform requirements despite it being a public school. Shirts could be polo, button up, turtleneck, or you could have a sweatshirt. Colors had to be navy blue or white. I think you could wear a white t-shirt but you'd need a blue jacket to go with it? For pants we could have navy blue or tan slacks/khakis. Shorts were allowed but ahd to be the same material. Girls could wear a type of plaid or school colors skirt. Shoes and outside coats were our only areas of free choice.

In middle school we had PE uniforms. White t-shirt and gym shorts or sweatpants. It was frustrating during the early part of the year when there'd be frost on the ground and they still made us run laps in the cold air. Lungs would hurt, ears would be red and stinging. Exercise only does so much to keep the extremities warm. We'd spend 45 minutes out in the freezing weather while the teachers would watch us all bundled up in thick coats sipping their hot coffee.

When I worked in a restaurant it was all black, long sleeve button down, dress shoes, and a waist apron. It was very hot to wear during the summer, and we were constantly rushing about so we were always sweaty regardless of the weather, to the point that during winter you instantly became very cold, and when entering our walk in freezer my shirt would become solid within seconds.

At Party City it's tan or black slacks/khakis, and a black polo or button down shirt, but sometimes a t-shirt was allowed, had to tuck it in though. Otherwise you just had your name tag and anything considered obscene had to be covered up, such as a tattoo that wasn't family friendly, not that I have any.

At the farm I've worked at it's pretty simple. You get a t-shirt with your title and the logo. Staff mostly had blue shirts which have gotten darker over the years, and volunteers get red. There's a bin with old shirts though that vary, such as old yellow polos, and some Tie Dyes. There's one white shirt that was never dyed that I'd like to get my hands on if it'll fit me, simply because I won't be as hot in it. Staff also recieve dark blue hoodies with the logo. Otherwise wear pants of any kind, no skirts, and no open footwear. Have to be presentable and keep contact with fecal matter to a minimum.

Otherwise I have a sort of self assigned uniform. Mostly wear a white t-shirt and blue jeans. I stick to the same couple of jackets and my black hat, so I'm simply dressed and easy to spot since I almost always look the exact same.

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember much about school uniforms but I do wear a uniform when I go to work.  Well not really a uniform just some dark shirts and blue jeans.

Not anymore, but in the time when I was a member of the youth fire department, I had to wear uniforms. Well, I am happy that I don't must wear uniforms anymore.

The most I had to wear were school uniforms. Very boring designs. Although I did also have to wear dark blue overalls and steel toe capped boots when I worked as an apprentice electrician. But that was more for health and safety.

Everyone where I work is required to wear a uniform, only we call them ‘costumes’ instead and they vary vastly. I personally wear two different ones depending on the area I’m working in; one fancy one and one simple one, with an additional minor variation for winter.  

My workplace doesn’t require a uniform but they offer water-resistant zip ups to wear over your clothes.

• 10 months later...