Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has the entire show been a waste of time and everything?

PCutter

The show ending  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Has the show since the very beginning since 2010 been nothing but a waste of time and life?

• Yes because of Season 9, that's a decade I'll never be able to get back. This show has been nothing but a waste of time. When the very last second of the series finale passes, I can finally celebrate by shouting "Good F*cking riddance MLP. Thanks for nothing at all and for ruining the past decade of my life."
    • No because despite every single flaw and even until Season 9 I have loved it since the beginning. And I'll continue to love it until the hour of my death.

I'd say no, as even though I found the seasons after season 4 disappointing, it still made me invested in the show for 9 years and that is some achievement imo. Also Season 1, 2, 3 and 4 alone were completely worth it imo.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, Dark Qiviut said:

How is expressing a personal feeling of S9 proof of fact? Feeling disappointed is an opinion only, and I quite disagree with the topic aplenty. I, for example, am not disappointed whatsoever so far. Again, you’re using a miniature collection of people online from a random thread as confirmation of S9’s supposedly “low” quality, putting no weight to those who counterargue, and viewing the whole debate with (to echo @Will Guide above) an extreme black-and-white perspective in a world and fandom full of gray tones.

Again, you’re really exaggerating and not thinking logically.

Just how exactly is feeling disappointed supposed to be opinion only? And how is that topic and the amount of people not proof or rather INSUFFICIENT proof that s9 is shite? 

Please, seriously go ahead and destroy my argument. You can go ahead and write a novel about how I'm exaggerating and illogical because right now I'm on vacation so I have all the time in the world. 

Maybe I am exaggerating because for too long I've had to put up with ungrateful idiots who show me no appreciation when I'm the one breaking my back in everything I do. It's why I always side with the writers.

(edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 5:42 AM, Will Guide said:

To me, a truly terrible show that wasted all our time would be a forgettable show that left no impression whatsoever. I much rather take a terrible but memorable episode than an forgettable one that left no impact. This show had terribly written episodes like Newbie Dash, Spike at your Service, Non-Compete Clause, etc. But at least they gave me something to talk about with others and get to know about the other person.

Well shouldn't both types be both shot to pieces? Even if one of them is a lesser evil, is that no excuse that they should be non-existent?

Edited by PCutter

11 hours ago, PCutter said:

Just how exactly is feeling disappointed supposed to be opinion only?

Because it’s a personal feeling and not an indication of quality. What disappoints someone won’t for another.

11 hours ago, PCutter said:

And how is that topic and the amount of people not proof or rather INSUFFICIENT proof that s9 is shite? 

A lot of people, including in this very thread, argue and explain why Season 9 is good and so far love up to its expectations. And you ignored all of it. The fact that you dared me only proves my points from earlier.

And although I’m only one brony, I wrote many long reviews explaining why these episodes work and why they’re good. Whether they agree or disagree with me is up to them.

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't even be here if I thought the show and/or Equestria Girls had been a waste of my time.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

Man everyone hates season 9 this much? Guess I shouldn’t be looking forward to it XD 

Well, 95%+ of voters say they love the show, so presumably not. While the show has been about the journey, not the destination, now the destination is in sight, many are expressing their disappointment that the journey couldn't go on forever, but if it HADN'T been a great journey, they wouldn't still be here.

• Brohoof 1

HOT TAKE: Season 9 is the best this show has been in a very long time and everyone's expectations for it are weird and overblown. It's soooooooooo good. 

My general opinion is somewhere in between the two you posted. After season 7 I nearly quit watching the show altogether, because I was just so bored by it at that point. I think this show went on way too long, and before this season aired my opinion was pretty close to "good riddance." But I don't think I wasted my time with it, and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the show even when my interest in it was at its lowest. So I don't agree with your black-and-white poll choices. 

On 5/18/2019 at 2:11 PM, PCutter said:

Try applying that same logic to the Star Wars fans regarding The Last Jedi

This is a funny comparison to me because I absolutely loved that movie, even more than I love season 9 of My Little Pony. 

While i think FIM isn't a waste it has an issue with being overly predictable leading to sub-par reactions leading to widespread disappointment,I do think for a final season it's been a major let down, I was kind of hoping for a season with a solid story finisher, not another season of pointless build-up where the only episodes that matter are the first two and last two, would've preferred the last season to be based around one solid storyline to send it off with a bang rather then a whimper, S9 is my least favourite season and is a disappointment but isn't a massive bore.

• Brohoof 1

I haven’t watched the show since halfway through season 6, and while I tend to take extensive breaks from the forums it’s not the show that keeps me coming back, but the people. Seriously, I’ve met some of the most genuine, upstanding people from this fandom. Plus I tend to binge watch, so once the whole shebang is over I’m going to sit down and ingest the whole damn thing like I lost power and the food is spoiling. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 12:57 PM, Dark defender said:

While i think FIM isn't a waste it has an issue with being overly predictable leading to sub-par reactions leading to widespread disappointment,I do think for a final season it's been a major let down, I was kind of hoping for a season with a solid story finisher, not another season of pointless build-up where the only episodes that matter are the first two and last two, would've preferred the last season to be based around one solid storyline to send it off with a bang rather then a whimper, S9 is my least favourite season and is a disappointment but isn't a massive bore.

So you're willing to spit in the staff's faces and say "thanks for wasting my life. FU to H?"

Edited by PCutter

On 6/3/2019 at 3:39 AM, Bas said:

I am not sure why you started this thread. I mean, it seems like you totally want people to hate the show. Wrong place to ask, dude. Better ask on forums for idk, grumpy mechanics about it instead, if this is what you want to hear.

On the one hand, maybe some part of me wants the entire world to actually hate it so it will validate me being the "only one" who willingly appreciates the show for what it was and is. 

And on the other, I just wanted all the war-like debates and analyses to just stop and everyone shuts up and just watches the show.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:22 PM, CypherHoof said:

Well, 95%+ of voters say they love the show, so presumably not. While the show has been about the journey, not the destination, now the destination is in sight, many are expressing their disappointment that the journey couldn't go on forever, but if it HADN'T been a great journey, they wouldn't still be here.

NO. This is not about complaining about an infinitely going journey. They are expressing their anger that the journey has led to a conclusion that many say is the ultimate disrespect to everything the show built up over a decade.

(edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, PCutter said:

So you're willing to spit in the staff's faces and say "thanks for wasting my life. FU to H?"

How am I?, all I'm saying is that it's disappointing for me and don't put words in my mouth, not once did I say I felt like it wasted my life, grow up not everyone is going to enjoy it to the same degree you are, if you can't handle other people having an opinion then maybe you shouldn't make topics asking for people's opinions.

Edited by Dark defender

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, Troblems said:

I haven’t watched the show since halfway through season 6, and while I tend to take extensive breaks from the forums it’s not the show that keeps me coming back, but the people. Seriously, I’ve met some of the most genuine, upstanding people from this fandom. Plus I tend to binge watch, so once the whole shebang is over I’m going to sit down and ingest the whole damn thing like I lost power and the food is spoiling. 

Season 6 is where the fandom shows it's true ugly nature. Fans are hateful people in every kind of thing. Enjoyment is only more significant when there's nobody around to share it with.

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Then clearly you do not understand the concept of a fandom. :yeahno:

Wrong. I understand the concept of a fandom. I choose to reject it completely.

1 minute ago, PCutter said:

Wrong. I understand the concept of a fandom. I choose to reject it completely.

You say you do understand fandoms, but you reject them anyway. That's contradictive. 

Thing is, every fandom is always going to have aggressive fans. So it seriously is no surprise that some people are going to be rude. But fandoms are also about sharing your love for something with other like minded people. A lot of people really enjoyed the show's run and would watch it all over again if they wanted to. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

You say you do understand fandoms, but you reject them anyway. That's contradictive. 

Thing is, every fandom is always going to have aggressive fans. So it seriously is no surprise that some people are going to be rude. But fandoms are also about sharing your love for something with other like minded people. A lot of people really enjoyed the show's run and would watch it all over again if they wanted to. 

This. This sums up the entire pointlessness of this thread. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

It sounding contradictive doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

It's like murder. I understand that it is the calculated, deliberate killing of another person. Yet I refuse to enact it out.

This should be the same case with fandoms. I know what they are and I choose to reject being with them. 

15 minutes ago, PCutter said:

It sounding contradictive doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

16 minutes ago, PCutter said:

It's like murder. I understand that it is the calculated, deliberate killing of another person. Yet I refuse to enact it out.

This should be the same case with fandoms.

>equating fandoms with murder

g     o      d      l      y

(edited)

The show kinda made me put a hold on my suicide plans until I finally moved from the hellhole I used to live in...... I’m pretty sure that’s a no :dash:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Season 9 have been going well for me so far, I'm excited for the finale and even if it's a disappointment, I will still love MLP for what it had been and this community that produced thousands of amazing fan fics and fan art, animations and music.