Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has the entire show been a waste of time and everything?

PCutter

The show ending  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Has the show since the very beginning since 2010 been nothing but a waste of time and life?

• Yes because of Season 9, that's a decade I'll never be able to get back. This show has been nothing but a waste of time. When the very last second of the series finale passes, I can finally celebrate by shouting "Good F*cking riddance MLP. Thanks for nothing at all and for ruining the past decade of my life."
    • No because despite every single flaw and even until Season 9 I have loved it since the beginning. And I'll continue to love it until the hour of my death.

I've enjoyed the show right up til now. It has its ups and downs but the highs outweigh the lows. I just wish I had been around the fanbase in the earlier days (like seasons 1 and 2). I feel like time has gone by so quickly... we've gotten over 200 episodes in the blink of an eye.

• Brohoof 3

The show may have had it's share of problems, but I feel that the positives massively outweigh the negatives in this scenario. Calling an entire show a waste of time, simply because one has issues with a few things in contrast to the enjoyable things, is overly petty.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 10:28 AM, PCutter said:

I'm one of the very few in the entire world who actually likes season 9.

I don't know what planet you've been living on, but from what I've seen in the show discussion threads, it seems like S9 is getting love, love love.  I, for one, am not very happy with the way S9 is going, and I've written some disgruntled posts, and I feel I'm alone!  I feel like I'm the only one who dislikes it!  So, I guess that's a lesson in perspective and confirmation bias.  We tend to notice the opinions we disagree with more.  But regardless, even if I don't like the finale, or the finale is a fandom-wide flop, of course it hasn't all been a waste of time!  People focus too much on the ending and not the journey.  Did we get enjoyment along the way?  Did we have fun and make friends and make great content?  You bet!  So it wasn't a waste of time at all.  (I feel like I should be giving this same lecture in a Game of Thrones forum.  ...which I actually liked, btw.)

Incidentally, as a nihilistic misanthrope, I would argue that everything is a waste of time.  Life is a waste of time.  There's no point to anything and nothing matters.  We're all just cockroaches, so we might as well try to do something we enjoy with our time.  (But that's just me and my sunny disposition.  :mlp_wink:)  If Pony gave us some smiles, then it was all worth it.  One day the human race will be extinct and nothing that ever happened will matter, so anything that gives you a little enjoyment matters here and now.

Edited by Justin_Case001
typo
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't think I like the program in general since Season 6 or 7, except for Starlight, who is the only nice character that keeps me watching the show, maybe the story of the Pillars was pretty good, but they were never more developed , Sea Ponys was a breed of ponies that may have been developed in the series, but they did not. Flurry Heart was meh, I am not interested in her at all or seem tender to me. Starlight (and all her character) and Trixie's Friendship is the only good thing I can rescue since season 4.

Edited by Jane

On 7/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, Justin_Case001 said:

I don't know what planet you've been living on, but from what I've seen in the show discussion threads, it seems like S9 is getting love, love love.  I, for one, am not very happy with the way S9 is going, and I've written some disgruntled psots, and I feel I'm alone!  I feel like I'm the only one who dislikes it!  So, I guess that's a lesson in perspective and confirmation bias.  We tend to notice the opinions we disagree with more.  But regardless, even if I don't like the finale, or the finale is a fandom-wide flop, of course it hasn't all been a waste of time!  People focus too much on the ending and not the journey.  Did we get enjoyment along the way?  Did we have fun and make friends and make great content?  You bet!  So it wasn't a waste of time at all.  (I feel like I should be giving this same lecture in a Game of Thrones forum.  ...which I actually liked, btw.)

Incidentally, as a nihilistic misanthrope, I would argue that everything is a waste of time.  Life is a waste of time.  There's no point to anything and nothing matters.  We're all just cockroaches, so we might as well try to do something we enjoy with our time.  (But that's just me and my sunny disposition.  :mlp_wink:)  If Pony gave us some smiles, then it was all worth it.  One day the human race will be extinct and nothing that ever happened will matter, so anything that gives you a little enjoyment matters here and now.

So I loved the finale. Anything to say about it?

Edited by PCutter

• 2 weeks later...

There is a very obvious bias in the wording of your poll, as well as the question. I agree with the other users who have said that there's really no polar alignment with how you stand on the show, because there really can't be if we're on this website. We all still have a place for it. 

For me, the number of times that My Little Pony has saved my life and made me feel loved and safe will never be discounted even if Season 9 was even worse than it was, which seems nearly impossible. So the series hasn't been ruined for me, but I will say this: the entire series feels slightly less satisfying now knowing that it ends the way that it does. It hurts a little, but I'm not going to dismiss MLP out of my life because of it. I'm going to cherish what it gave me in the early years.