Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Issues with Spoiler boxes?

PoisonClaw

For the last while, I've had a recurring issue with the Spoiler boxes where when I post it there's just a wall of empty space before the actual content,

29203739_ScreenShot2019-05-19at2_15_50PM.thumb.png.3cd3bb698aa04299ec1c6f1549e7a317.png

No no, then that part is fine, spoiler button is the right way to create spoilers.

You mentioned it breaking after posting, so I assumed you were typing the spoiler tags manually. Typing them is what tends to cause troubles (unless it was finally fixed, which I doubt, but haven't checked), so if you're creating them with the button, it makes things more interesting. :ooh:

Some members also had broken spoilers/quotes in the past, as I recall fixing them.

I've never bumped into that issue myself, so it would be great if I could find a way to recreate it. What exactly did you do and what exactly did you put there? Did you fix (edit) the post or is it still broken there?

@Rikifive I've tried fixing it, but nothing seems to work. It's seemingly random too, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In both cases I've put images under the spoiler and sometimes it works fine.

(edited)

@PoisonClaw The issue is still there? Could I take a look at this?

WtvmtpT.png
I can't seem to recreate the issue myself.

Edited by Rikifive

@PoisonClaw I have copied your broken post into my hideout, then fixed yours to be displayed properly for everyone.

I did some science and it appears, that some extra HTML formatting has been applied to the spoiler. Few first paragraphs (lines) in the spoiler have height set to 1780px for no apparent reason. That is why there's that blank space at the beginning - it "reserves" the space with nothing. What's more, they also have width set to 2325px, which generates additional funny effects when trying to work with the spoiler.

So why the post appears broken is not a mystery anymore, now the question is how did that happen?

Since some wild HTML is involved in this, I kiiiiinda have my first suspicion.

How do you paste the images into the text editor?
To be more specific, how exactly do you copy the images in the first place?

Do you highlight these with a mouse and copy OR right click the images and copy their link from the context menu?

@PoisonClaw I hoped you'll say the former. It would be rather unlikely anyway, but you never know. :mlp_icwudt: 

If it is just copying the address, then it eliminates few possibilities.

I'm running out of ideas, everything pretty much comes to the editor itself, but it fails to glitch for me. EqE4vfd.png I tend to paste tons of images, throw spoilers and quotes all over the place, toy with formatting more than most of members (perhaps even more than everyone), but I've never encountered such glitch. Other members also had some insane bugs with spoilers/quotes in the past (only two cases so far from what I saw though) and I'm wondering what they did. :ooh: It seems to be a rare issue, though you've called it a "recurring" one, which makes it interesting. How often, more or less, does it happen?

At this point it would be great to have a description of what exactly you're doing there, the order of adding things and such. If I'd be able to recreate the issue, it would allow me to investigate it further to find the source of the problem. At the moment I'm clueless.

I still have a copy of your broken post, but I don't think I'll be able to get any more information from it.

Out of curiosity, what browser do you use and is it mobile or desktop?

In the meanwhile, if you'll ever bump into issues with posts, of course feel free to report these. We'll be happy to assist. Looks like it's easier to fix them, than break. qgWC76l.png

@Rikifive I'm using the desktop version of Chrome as my browser.

As for what I did to cause this issue, I clicked the spoiler button on the toolbar and then copy+pasted the images into the spoiler window, like I usually do.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

@Rikifive I'm using the desktop version of Chrome as my browser.

As for what I did to cause this issue, I clicked the spoiler button on the toolbar and then copy+pasted the images into the spoiler window, like I usually do.

What I could of think of is if you are using some extension that blocks scripts. I know that I had to whitelist certain scripts and the such to not break the site when I'm using it. You can also trying clearing your browsers cache or the cookies for the site and see if that does anything.

• 1 year later...