Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spriters Needed!

bulldozerman185

Well, I won't lie. Maradice Isle is coming along smoothly, now that my PC is back up and running! I've already started on the first batch of Equestria locations!

Just one problem, though: WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF SPRITES FOR THE NPC's!!

I had a large collection of sprites I made while the game was still in early development, but I've already used them up!

The rest of the development team is hard at work with their own tasks, so I can't bother them with this problem. And I've searched the internet and collected as many VX Ace sprites as I could find, but I've still come up short!

So ultimately, it's going to fall to YOU lovely folks to help populate the Equestria we know and love!

How? Simple! I've put together a set of files that will help you design some killer NPC sprites for the game! These files include:
- 2 Base sprites sets; One for adult ponies, one for the children.
- A blank sprite sheet to put the sprites on.
- An example sprite sheet using the main character sprites ( Melody, Embers, Storm and Nature, as well as Strange Tidings ). This will help you figure out how the sprite sheets are set up for use in RPG Maker VX Ace.
( All 4 files are available in a .ZIP folder for easy downloading of all 4 )

BE WARNED, however! There are some conditions to follow:
- The sprites must be RPG Maker VX Ace compatible, so the sprites MUST FIT within the sprite sheet!
- The characters can be either OC's or random background ponies that can be reused multiple times ( like how the show sometimes does ).
- No alicorns allowed! We already have all the alicorns from the show!
- NO MANE SIX SPRITES! I already have sprites of the Mane Six, along with Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, and Starlight Glimmer.
- The game is set in-between Season 8 and Season 9. So no characters from Season 9 are allowed ( it hasn't happened yet! ). Seasons 1-8, as well as the MLP Movie, are allowed.
- When picking a background color, try to pick one that won't be used by any of the sprites. This will simplify the task of picking it to be the transparent color when the sprite sheet is imported to VX Ace.

Certain high priority sprites I desperately need include:
- LOTS of background ponies for the NPC's.
- Spike with his wings.
- The Ponyville residents.

When you've finished with your sprite sheets, feel free to simply reply to this post with them attached, along with the name you'd like me to put in the games end credits ( gotta credit everyone somehow! ).

If we can reach 500 sprites in total ( non-duplicate, preferably ), I will share a special code that, when entered, advances the four player characters to level 99. This will be the only time this code is revealed to the public. So if we fail to reach 500 sprites, say good-bye to those level 99 heroes!

Good luck, everypony! IT'S TIME TO DRAW!!

Adult Pony Base Sprites.png

Blank Character Sheet.png

Child Pony Base Sprites.png

Playable Characters.png

Maradice Isle sprite files.zip

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I made a quick sprite of Roseluck for you.

There's two variants. I've added a bit of tone in the second variant to add a softeness to it. If it meets your needs, then I can probably make a few more sprites for you. Just let me know what variant you want me to use when constructing them. :P

- Image Attachment Cleanup Deletion -

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have quite a few OC characters you can use for your game.  Would these work?  Thanks in advance.  :D  Some examples.TomatoPasghetti.png.b4348e4cc9364cb9a2ea6d2215e5cc7d.pngThe_Jam_ponified.png.75492fab011ac45e90222a66ceaade12.pngPonees.png.c8bb6d96fe0a0c186bbde00745e0aa0f.pngPonees_Buckball.png.339ca0f90a38f612dcc4337262117828.png

The first sprite I gave you is my OC filly, Tomato Pasghetti.

Oh, and someone made this one for me:  It's my hippogriff/seapony version of Andy Gibb.  Hope you like it!Andy_Gibb.png.4936644f614a6863e3d121d28709aa73.png

I also made seapony versions of the Ponees.SeaPonees.png.70c8bc31b2d2641c48aee85904e64e9c.png

And would you like some Crystal ponies?  One of them is my OC, DigiPaint.CrystalPonies1.png.f915d8eb7f5d0857e792a10bd254ebcb.png

Thanks  in advance!  :D

Edited by SparkleSan79
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, SparkleSan79 said:

Oh, and someone made this one for me:  It's my hippogriff/seapony version of Andy Gibb.  Hope you like it!Andy_Gibb.png.4936644f614a6863e3d121d28709aa73.png

I think, I made hippogriff for you :huh:

dca1lm4-c2b7498f-2816-45b4-92b1-d83a96a8

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Um, hello 
Didn't quiet understand the requirements, but my signature is made by myself, based on someone's base with a few twigs by me, but I do pixel ponies myself too :)
Ah, no, wait, the signature is not by me, I was talking about this one:

I'd be happy to make a few for your project, if that's what this is about :3

daij8iw-faed25fb-531c-4ec5-a7ad-fe3b748b7455.gif

daij95e-2f44b431-1c1d-48c2-ba9e-bf620c21630b.gif

Edited by Lucha
  • Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, ZEkA10000 said:

And why do you calling him? Because he have pixel avatar?

I actually mentioned that I do pixel art on my hello page for one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway I'm somewhat close to finishing the spritework.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Bas said:

Well, looks like I found some artists for this project by that way. :)

I draw pixel art too but now I mainly made huge images. (Even if it with r34)

(edited)

Here is my first out of ??? Sprite sheets I'm going to make.

Refer to me in the credits as JoeyDR

The OC's names are, if you are interested in them

Green Byte for the unicorn, and ActingFlight for the Pegasus. (Both male (or stallions if you prefer that term.))

1559475764887_Green Byte and ActingFlight.png

Edited by JoeyDR
Added stuff that I forget to add. Also a fix of the image.
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, JoeyDR said:

Here is my first out of ??? Sprite sheets I'm going to make.

Refer to me in the credits as JoeyDR

The OC's names are, if you are interested in them

Green Byte for the unicorn, and ActingFlight for the Pegasus. (Both male (or stallions if you prefer that term.))

1559424924495_Green Byte and ActingFlight.png

Mane and tail without sizing

(edited)

How's your pony sprite count so far?  I have another OC pony sprite I'd like to share with you.  This is Cinnamon Creme.  Hope you like her!  Thanks in advance!  B);)CelestiaAndLunaAndFriends.png.66ba37506aec1eb49770253a50d98280.png

PS:  She's the one on the bottom right-hand corner of this sprite sheet.

Also, my DeviantArt page has tons of pony sprites I made for others.  Here's the link to help you out:  https://www.deviantart.com/paulwellerfan79/gallery/

(Just don't pick out the Ryan Seacrest pony.  He's an alicorn.)

Edited by SparkleSan79

Just made this latest pony sprite:  It's the first of the JellyBelly-inspired flavor Pony series.  This is Sizzling Cinnamon.  Hope you like her!!  These ponies, I figure, would be perfect for your game.  B)

Sizzling_Cinnamon.png.3310fddee3a3b5c1c0811f0bf4a91768.png

6 hours ago, SparkleSan79 said:

Just made this latest pony sprite:  It's the first of the JellyBelly-inspired flavor Pony series.  This is Sizzling Cinnamon.  Hope you like her!!  These ponies, I figure, would be perfect for your game.  B)

Sizzling_Cinnamon.png.3310fddee3a3b5c1c0811f0bf4a91768.png

You need to fix mane and tail

31 minutes ago, SparkleSan79 said:

Here's a revised version of Sizzling Cinnamon.  I hope that's a little better.  Let me know what you think.Sizzling_Cinnamon.png.446bfd3967128e3347ae69f86d4748cd.png

I see no differences

I just fixed the mane on the sprite from the previous sprite I sent you earlier so the right side of her hair is much shorter behind her.  I even fixed the bangs on her front profile.  The tail looks fine to me.

I have my latest sprite all ready for you:  Her name is Buttered Popcorn.  She's the second in my Jelly Belly-inspired pony series.  You can hardly see the spots on the sprites, but her body is white with light-ish yellow speckles.  Her profile is on the sprite sheet.  Hope you like her!!  Let me know what you guys think!  Thanks in advance!!

Buttered_Popcorn.png.ae1f59547f0e1d7a8173cbcf581ca5b4.png

11 hours ago, SparkleSan79 said:

I have my latest sprite all ready for you:  Her name is Buttered Popcorn.  She's the second in my Jelly Belly-inspired pony series.  You can hardly see the spots on the sprites, but her body is white with light-ish yellow speckles.  Her profile is on the sprite sheet.  Hope you like her!!  Let me know what you guys think!  Thanks in advance!!

Buttered_Popcorn.png.ae1f59547f0e1d7a8173cbcf581ca5b4.png

You need on your sprites made tail a bit bigger because in all sides he drawed normally but in looking up sprites tail is small.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys. Sorry I never got back to you, but things do get VERY busy.

Loving what's been going on so far. We've got quite a few more sprites to use. However, we'll still need more just to populate Ponyville, let alone the rest of Equestria.

Also, not to sound like a major drag, but the lack of tileset artists is REALLY starting to drag the project down. We need more people out here to help make the tilesets and soon. Especially the ones for areas like Ponyville and some of the other towns.

If you think you can handle it, please let me know.

• Brohoof 1