FirePuppy

Mane Six potentially getting written out even more!

After seeing those early Italian dub episodes and seeing no main characters already in TWO of them, I'm getting an afraid feeling that they will be entirely written out in a lot more of the later episodes. 😫

I know you all like the episodes that don't feature any of them, but it doesn't make me happy at all.

Badges

@FirePuppyWoah, spoilers man! There are parents with their kids you know!

...Oh wait. I can just shift this to Season 9 Spoilers. Bless these mod powers. :proud:

Badges

I'm also kind of worried that everypony might only be getting one episode apiece this season, just by looking at all those synopsises.

Badges

1 minute ago, FirePuppy said:

I'm also kind of worried that everypony might only be getting one episode apiece this season, just by looking at all those synopsises.

We got the entire second half of the season to look forward to! The Mane 6 ain't going anywhere! ;)

If you wanna worry about anyone having just one episode in the season - it's Starlight and the CMCs

Badges

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

We got the entire second half of the season to look forward to! The Mane 6 ain't going anywhere! ;)

But look at who got which so far:

1 & 2 - Discord and Mane Six

3 - Students

4 - The Mane Six

5 - Twilight

6 - Rainbow Dash

7 - Rarity

8 - Villains

9 - Fluttershy and Spike

10 - Applejack

11 - Starlight

12 - Crusaders

13 - Celestia and Luna

After this, we'll get a Pinkie Pie episode and possibly 9 or 10 episodes NOT revolving around any of the above.

Badges

Based on what's aired in English, there's at least 20 main characters in the show right now, and it seems like this final season might be more like an anthology of a sort. Of course the mane six would get less focus, because there's not enough space for everyone; I think it's fair to share the space, as long as each main character gets a good story to themself. But I also think you're being a bit paranoid, because half of the season hasn't been revealed, and I'm pretty sure episode 13 is going to be about the mane six. Most likely, the current balance is what the rest of the season will look like. 

I honestly more excited for the villains episodes :grin:. I feel like every time we get Mane 6 episode it feels a bit, I don't know, meh. 

Let's see we have two be yourself episodes, one episode where all of them were goofing off (okay that one is a pass) a toyetic tree temple episode,  and a decent season opener, and I think that's all I can remember. (Oh right, Twilight forgetting to return a book episode)

Badges

The mane 6 don’t have to be shoehorned into every episode you know. I personally like having episodes without the mane 6 it gives time to write new stories and focus on other characters.  Like the villlans, the Cmcs, And Starlight and her friends. I hope we get 1 maybe 2 more episodes without any of the mane 6. 

Badges

14 hours ago, Twilight and Starlight said:

The mane 6 don’t have to be shoehorned into every episode you know. I personally like having episodes without the mane 6 it gives time to write new stories and focus on other characters.  Like the villlans, the Cmcs, And Starlight and her friends. I hope we get 1 maybe 2 more episodes without any of the mane 6. 

That is TOO MUCH!!

Besides, some fans are seeing Student Counsel as Starlight's final episode of the series, and The Last Crusade as the last for the CMCs, which is fine with me. The only two things I want at all within whatever that doesn't really involve the Mane Six are Big Mac and Sugar Belle's wedding and Spike's destiny. Nothing else!

Badges

42 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

and Spike's destiny. Nothing else!

Well well well! It seems people are finally believing in him! :D

Badges

15 hours ago, Twilight and Starlight said:

For once I agree with you. The Mane 6 are great but it's also interesting to see the lives and interactions of other characters.

Badges

36 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Of course I do. It's also the only thing left I want for Spike anyways.

Badges

6 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Of course I do. It's also the only thing left I want for Spike anyways.

Other than the conclusion of the Rarity crush, that's my last thing too! ;)

Badges

They'll be written out once the show ends!

20 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

They'll be written out once the show ends!

Until then, I hope not. For all I care, they've been written out enough for the rest of the season.

Maybe instead of learning the friendship lessons themselves, they can help others learn the lessons instead, that way they're still around.

Badges

Good, good, finally more time to focus on other more interesting characters!

Badges

2 hours ago, Califorum said:

Good, good, finally more time to focus on other more interesting characters!

WHAT!?! No, I don't want that to happen! I've had enough villains-only episodes and Starlight Glimmer this season!

Let the Mane Six get at least one more episode each, especially Pinkie Pie.

Badges

17 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

WHAT!?! No, I don't want that to happen! I've had enough villains-only episodes and Starlight Glimmer this season!

Well, don't you think you should calm down there? You always seem so insistent on having more mane 6, when they have been the main focus for almost a decade.

Badges

5 hours ago, Califorum said:

Well, don't you think you should calm down there? You always seem so insistent on having more mane 6, when they have been the main focus for almost a decade.

Of course they’d be the main focus, they’re the main characters. And as far as finales and premieres go, aside from Twilight they’ve been irrelevant in them since The Wedding 

• Brohoof 2
  • Smile 1

Badges

(edited)

Boy, people are clueless.  Starlight still has one of the biggest story arcs in the show going right now. There is going to be more of her.

We definitely need more Starlight because shes the best thing going for the show right now. Episode s focusing on the Mane 6 characters have been below average the last 2 seasons.

And Spike has no destiny. He's been useless for most of the series.

And nothing will happen with Rarity because that would make her a pedophile.

Edited by titanhades

56 minutes ago, titanhades said:

Boy, people are clueless.  Starlight still has one of the biggest story arcs in the show going right now. There is going to be more of her.

We definitely need more Starlight because shes the best thing going for the show right now. Episode s focusing on the Mane 6 characters have been below average the last 2 seasons.

And nothing will happen with Rarity because that would make her a pedophile.

For the last time...

Starlight is NOT an official main character! She was only there because the staff wanted the show to keep on running. But now it seems like she's diminishing herself as well.

Badges

On 5/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, Califorum said:

Exactly! The show is called Friendship is Magic but that doesn't mean everything should be about the Mane 6. They're not the only people who live interesting lives in the world of Equestria.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, FirePuppy said:

For the last time...

Starlight is NOT an official main character! She was only there because the staff wanted the show to keep on running. But now it seems like she's diminishing herself as well.

Again, that is your opinion. What makes you think you control what the show should or shouldn't be about? Honestly, you come off like it's your way or no way

Again, I say let the final season be what it's going to be and grateful the show gave us a great long decade of ups and downs in life.

Badges

(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, FirePuppy said:

Really enough Starlight lol Starlight has barely been in this season. And enough villain episodes really we’ve only had 1.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, FirePuppy said:

For the last time...

Jim Miller is the only person who thinks that you know.

Edited by FireworkDash

Badges

(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, FirePuppy said:

We've had a whopping 1 villain-only episode.  And Starlight has barely been in the season, only being in 3/13 episodes to the best of my knowledge, those being To Where and Back Again Parts 1 and 2, and Student Counsel.  I can understand why you want more main 6, but the staff has kind of dug themselves a hole because we have too many characters that "require" an episode.  Off the top off my head, we have The Main 6, The Student 6, who seem to be getting their character development in separate episodes from each other and in episodes that are also Main 6 episodes, instead of the one or two group episodes we got last season(with the exception of Smolder, who got to give knowledge that was otherwise unknown about dragon culture in Spike episodes last season, which was brilliant.), the princesses for some reason, Starlight, Spike, Discord, and the CMC.  The villains episode was necessary as it helps set up the eventual climax that is the finale.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, Will Guide said:
On 5/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, Califorum said:

Exactly! The show is called Friendship is Magic but that doesn't mean everything should be about the Mane 6. They're not the only people who live interesting lives in the world of Equestria.

It's not about ponies who lead interesting lives.  It's about the main heroins.  That's why suddenly shifting the focus to characters who have no relevance in that season (Slice of Life) doesn't work.  We know the Main 6.  We don't know some random background pony(Ok, some people on the internet do).  The only reason that Frenemies works is because A. These characters are villains, therefore there is actual information on them in the SHOW, the thing that people watch, and B. this episode has been set up by the premier and is setting up the finale.  That being said, shifting the focus to another main character for one or two episodes is fine, as long as they are a main character in some way.  Spike is a good example, and the CMC.  That also being said, having the Main 6 in the episode just to have them in is not good either.  If the Main 6 or one of the Main 6 is needed for an episode?  Bring them in.  If they're not?  Leave them out.  They weren't needed for Frenemies, and that episode is actually the best in the season.  They weren't needed for Student Counsel, and that episode is one of the best, if not the best, Starlight episode we've had.  Rainbow Dash was needed for The Last Crusade, and it worked perfectly.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:36 PM, titanhades said:

What arc?  You mean the Queen Chrysalis wants revenge on her plot that probably won't be resolved till the season finale, where Starlight was bound to show up and collect her castle and school anyway?  And Spike has not been useless for most of the series.  I'd argue his episodes got a jump in quality at Equestria Games in season 4, with a few exceptions like Sweet and Smoky, and he's been absolutely AMAZING in the EQG movies he was a main part of and the MLP Movie.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:20 PM, FlareGun45 said:

I'm a Spike fan, and I really want him to get bigger roles in these new movies.  He hasn't gotten a speaking line in the EQG movies sine Forgotten Friendship, and immediately in Rainbow Roadtrip he had to stay behind to look after the school or something.  Don't look in the spoiler tag, there's nothing in there, but I don't know how to get rid of it.

Spoiler

On 5/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, Califorum said:

The problem is not the fact that the show is focused on it's main cast, the problem is that they haven't gotten any new story arcs.

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight

On 5/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, FirePuppy said:

After this, we'll get a Pinkie Pie episode and possibly 9 or 10 episodes NOT revolving around any of the above.

Pinkie Pie Solo, Rainbow Dash focused, and Twilight and Pinkie. The Mane Six are well represented this season so far and so is your favorite character. 

I expect you to never make another topic like this again, because you keep missing the target and are often completely off on your predictions. You obsess too much and when people try and reassure you, you cling to despair like a child grasps his blanket. You stopped acting like you were an expert on stats, so you can stop acting like the showrunners peed in your Cheerios and enjoy your Pinkie episodes. :)