Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How long does it take you to get up in the morning?

Lucky Bolt

I used to take a longer while to get up, but nowadays I put my phone far away from bed, so that I have to get up when it starts to yell.

It works. :bedeyes:

On a side note, after 3.5 years of terrible sleep and lacks of it, I finally decided to make few changes. I'm trying to sleep at nights instead of mornings, so yay me. I still feel like a potato, but I hope it will get better over time. :please:

I used to have problems waking up, shutting off the alarm and going right back to sleep and later wondering why the alarm didn't work. If someone comes to wake me up (or calls me), I sometimes can talk to them giving the impression of being awake then going right back to sleep (and then asking them why didn't they wake me up as I asked). Once I found my phone with a couple of missed calls under my pillow.

So, I figured out how to do it correctly - my "alarm" consists of a ~20 minute long playlist that starts quiet and slow and becomes louder and faster (and some pure tones that I hate at the end). The switch to turn it off is about 3 meters away from my bed. I always wake up at least on the last song and get out of the bed to turn it off before the pure tones start. If I wake up on an earlier song, I stay in bed until the last one.

Well, it varies based on why I'm getting up.

If I'm getting up on my own time, I can snooze for a really long time before actually getting up. Basically weekends for me. I'll be awake, sure, but I'll stay in bed and daydream for hours.

If I'm getting up for work, I'll probably get up an hour early or so. Shower, shave, brush my teeth, change, that sorta thing. Down an iced coffee and I'm out the door.

If I'm getting up for physical training, maybe 15 minutes early. Just a quick hop into athletic clothes, cus I'll be showering afterwards.

If it's an emergency response drill, or (god forbid) an actual emergency, maybe 30 seconds. And an iced coffee. :P

• 2 weeks later...

It usually takes me about a half hour to an hour after my alarm sound to get myself to move, such a pain how bed is always so much more comfy when you know you have to get up! So to compensate I set my alarm clock roughly an hour early to make sure im not late for work!

On 10/2/2019 at 12:28 PM, TBD said:

No more than 2 mins, my work demands it.

Ive had emergencies where I literally had to sprint out of bed before! Not to fun to say the least.....:dry:

• 3 weeks later...

It all depends on the time I wake up, but I'm usually out of bed, wide awake and ready to start the day. If I wake up early and still feel tired, then I usually sleep for about half an hour to an hour, before I finally wake up and start the day.