Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long does it take you to go to bed at night

Kion

So how long does it take you guys to go to bed at night. For me I’d say it takes about 20 to 30 min for me to fall asleep when I’m in bed. 

For me it takes about 45 minutes to about an hour to fall asleep.

Also, I sleep very late at near dawn sometimes. But, for the most part I sleep at late night somewhere around 11 PM - 3 AM.

Not as long as it used to. I used to lie awake in bed for well over an hour (even up to three hours sometimes), but I've improved my sleep habits as of late. I can fall asleep within an hour fairly consistently now, though there have been a few nights recently where it's taken me longer.

Ooooh, I can take this one!

I have problems with sleep disorders (RLS and general insomnia), so some nights I don't even get rest, if not a couple light hours. I think it stems from working nights a few years ago, with being unable to adjust to normal sleep still.

It takes me a while lol. First of all I have to get situated and somehow get myself to put my phone down. Then I lie there looking up at the ceiling for about an hour or two and then finally asleep. Temperature is also an important factor. But luckily, I'm somepony who doesn't need much sleep to function.

I'm trying to get back to a regular sleep schedule (with the exception of Saturdays so I can stay up for new pony episodes) but right now it takes me some time to go to bed. I usually watch either Netflix, a movie or YouTube before bed and that helps.

Once I close my eyes, it probably takes about ten minutes or so for me to be completely asleep.

Here we can reduce consciousness at will. So, it's a matter of resolution. Same with waking up, I commit to an specific hour, and then wake up accordingly.

It doesn't matter if I'm not tired, or there are any other kind of disturbances. You can control the mind. In the cold, under physical pain or loud noises. It's part of the training.

Like metal, under extreme conditions it can forged into an adequate tool.

I've had some pretty bad insomnia, though now that I'm on medication, it will take between 10 to 20 minutes for me to fall asleep. In a way, it depends on what sort of mood I'm in and whether there's a lot on my mind or not

It really depends. Sometimes I fall asleep to a video on accident so I can see it only took a few minutes, other times when I'm intentionally trying to fall asleep I've stayed up for over an hour, but luckilly that's not a regular occurrence. I'd say between 10 and 15 minutes is my average, in part because I don't have a set time I go to bed. There's an ideal point I'd be asleep by but I don't really make the attempt unless I'm actually tired.

For me, when I got to sleep, though "Night" is an ambiguous term cause I do overnight shifts so my main "nights" sleep from around 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, buuut that is just extra useless information not regarding the topic, oh well, I added it. xD Now..

How long does it take me? Well I usually kinda bleh around on my phone a bit and look at stuff before bed, and then when I finally commit to going to sleep it really just depends. Usually by the time I hit the bed to when I actually sleep it is about an hour. That is including my lay in bed doing stuff time, in general, possibly 30 minutes, still too long >.<

But yeah.

Takes me about an hour to four hours to fall asleep?  Depends on what I'm thinking about, if it's something anxiety inducing, it'll take me longer to fall asleep.  I find it helps to think about one of my OC's before going to bed and putting myself in their shoes for a while, so I can drift off to sleep in around an hour or two.

Preparing for bed and actually falling asleep are two different matters. It takes me 20 minutes to prep the room, put away my plushies, and fix up all the pillows and stuff. Then I hit the sheets, by which time I usually black out in a matter of minutes. It’s very quick.    

If I'm lucky, when I lay down to sleep, it only takes an hour. If I'm unlucky and my insomnia is in high gear, it takes hours. Sucks when I fall asleep at 3 AM only to get up at 7 for work!

It can take me an hour or more to fall asleep and but that’s when I don’t take my sleeping medication.