Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Your Most Liked YouTube Comment?

Denim&Venöm

Which of your YouTube comments got the highest amount of likes/ up votes and what was the story behind it? 

For example, mine would be the one left on the Furry Force mini-series, College Humor's animated satire of furries, when they got nominated for an Ursa major award.

image.png

Is there a way to search this? Otherwise I have no idea. Highest I’ve seen recently was for a comment on American Jesus about how the song is about nationalism, not religion. 

1 minute ago, Ganondox said:

Is there a way to search this? Otherwise I have no idea. Highest I’ve seen recently was for a comment on American Jesus about how the song is about nationalism, not religion. 

Just the highest one you can find. Even my example is what I presume to be the highest. Could be one out there with even more. 

(edited)

I don't remember what it was, but I'm pretty sure it was something along the likes of "Alt-reichers are f***ing idiots." I got a lot of likes (as well as arguments) when I used to comment on videos on progressive political channels. Highest number of likes I remember was roughly 200 to 250.

Edited by DusksuD

A comment I made on a Game Grumps video where Arin described the yet unknown movie Sonic as a crazy science experiment, and I confirmed that, after seeing the trailer, he was indeed revealed to be a crazy science experiment gone awry. 

My original most liked comment was on Misleading Videos About Metal Gear Survive, but that video was unfortunately taken down. Now, my most liked comments are on MangaKamen videos. 

1024587133_MangaKamenComment2.jpg.35abae6b3811639572d35d41819eb029.jpg

1262154636_MangaKamenComment3.jpg.50bce4e1a5e025674b00fb0bc0ec9cbc.jpg

321501096_MangaKamenComment1.jpg.c5eee754a56c3722e47c7f6d2a641763.jpg

Yeah, those were on his videos about Foster, MatPat during the situation with Toby Fox, and TotallyNotMark. Please don't ask about the first one, what I referred to was a post on this site...

134999067_TheTruth.thumb.jpg.5699761964e27397394d52d2f6238bad.jpg

...that pissed off some people trying to troll and harass me somewhere else, it's not something that I want to get into. 

100% the video was taken down, but when Infinity War came out, I remarked about how Tony contemplated letting Thanos kill half the universe after Mantis’s “kick names, take ass” line. I think it got like 300

4 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Not my proudest moment... 

comment.thumb.jpg.dee27eb9c43d4c9af527885c543438f2.jpg

And yes, this genuinely was me. All I'll say is that boredom is an absolute curse. 

At least you didn’t count it. 

I have no idea. I've probably had a few thousand likes at one point but I don't want to be bothered to look over 10 years of comments.

I used to have a comment that had over 5k likes on some prank video that was later taken down so i can't really show that one. But the one that I can think of that is probably my highest is this one (it was on an ESPN interview): 

highest like count of mine i think.PNG

Nothing special but this comment is recent and it's the most "likes" I've ever gotten and still counting.

comments.png.b2289eb4fbe082ef782d29dd03602bbf.png

I'm not really big on making youtube comments.

• Brohoof 1

People thanked me a lot when I identified an anime from the thumbnail image, which wasn't even in the actual video on censoring anime in the United States.

(It was Melfina, from Outlaw Star". In the scene where she was dormant (She's an android) and packed in a really big suitcase, Cartoon Network added a bikini to hide her nudity.)

Other than that. Frankly, I don't remember.

• 1 month later...

I cannot for the life of me remember what it is I typed but that comment got a little over 100 likes. I know that’s not that impressive but it was to me at the time!

(edited)

Well, one such comment was on Nostalgia Critic's top 12 Santa Clauses. I basically summed up how each Santa that made it on his list represents a different aspect or characteristic of Santa from the overworked Santa to the Santa who can kick ass to the Santa who's on a mission to pass the job to another person before it's too late. The comment got over 350 likes

Edited by Will Guide

• 2 weeks later...

I remember, six years ago, there was a viral video of a man who started his first day on a North Dakota news station but said some really inappropriate things on air and got fired immediately. I made a harmless joke implying nothing interesting happens in North Dakota and remember it getting at least 75 upvotes. There may have actually been more popular comments I've made, but that's the one I can truly remember.

Once on a YouTube piano (where you use the number keys to play the piano) I posted the notes for Funeral March with "for mobile users" as people on mobile can't use it. It got about 15 likes. Later when scrolling,I found someone who re posted my comment and it had somehow reached about 340 likes. It's a bit annoying that someone stole my joke and got 10 times the credit, but likes don't really mean anything so I'm not bothered.

• 2 weeks later...

In response to Taken By Trees cover of Sweet Child O Mine a GnR fan wrote

"Covering someone elses songs, that's so lame"

*cough* Knockin On Heavens Door

*cough* Live And Let Die

...perhaps they were being ironic :-P

• 2 months later...

EDIT: I just recently made a comment with 1600 likes. 

Screenshot_75.png.7fbfed85d7ba7c6f9e63cb197f322424.png

This was on a video of a Smash Ultimate tournament hosted by Alpharad to see what pro players could beat the DK amiibo he trained.

Edited by Spider Demon

I know I have a few channels that have priority, so if any of them have a new video, I stop everything I do, and watch them. They always get likes.

But the one that I would choose for quality and content is AnimeAjay. That's the one where I choose to watch the entire thing full screen, pause in the middle, like it, then continue watching in full screen until the very end (even when it has some filler seconds at the end to display other videos), just so that I can press the rewatch button, and pause, and then press the like button a few more times but always end up with liked turned on.

I think Youtube's algorithm understands my dedication, hopefully.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...