Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A business rival for Rarity

FlareGun45

Yunno something about Rarity's story arc that hasn't happened but should? Her getting a business rival!

In particular, maybe the return of Suri Polomare who opens shops around Equestria, rivalling Rarity's! Or maybe as an interesting twist: Coco! I know that doesn't sound like her, but maybe business getting into her head and getting an interesting moral outta that! 

• Brohoof 4

This is definitely a great idea, I want to see suri again and this might be the best way to bring her back. And if coco is the rival, it doesn't have to be that it got to her head, coco can become a competitor but stay in a good relations with rarity. 

• Brohoof 1

I really like this idea. It might be that Rarity became way to comfortable with how the things are and in the present day it doesn't feel like she get challenged enough.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I always thought of bringing the rival of Mane Six to make the character grow because now they seem to have a completely steady life and has nowhere to go further (for some people). I thought of bringing someone can fly faster than Rainbow Dash, but not like what they did with the last Lightning Dust episode. The competition has to be fair and the competitor has to be genuinely better at what they do. (it would have been more interesting if Flim and Flam could actually make decent cider that is marketable). If Suri Polomare returns, she actually has to make better dresses than Rarity, and has to have a good point that is hard to argue with, instead of being an obvious villain to everyone. (for example, Suri buys and pays good money for the credits and rights of the ideas that she takes from other designers, but the she monopolizes the market and the industry becomes dull and less diverse. New designers stops making their own brands and just works for Suri because of the money. Suri actually doesn't make dresses by her own. But Suri doesn't lie to anyone, doesn't force anyone to do what they don't want to do.)

Rainbow Dash could meet someone who flies faster than her while she is in a slump. Rainbow tries to find out what went wrong or how the competitor is cheating, only to find that she simply has to work harder and practice more and the actual competitor was herself. Fluttershy's competitor could be something that challenges her moral and values. It would be an interesting point to make that what Fluttershy does for animals cots lots of money, but isn't profitable at all. (for example, the charity doesn't make enough money that year, so she commercializes the sanctuary. She later finds out it wasn't a good decision for the animals.)

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

It should be some pragmatic ultra capitalist with a heart of gold who hates thots and who sells functional articles that his customers can actually use in their everyday life. In other words: someone like our Shield Bro Naofumi Iwatani.

• Brohoof 1