Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you miss being a teenager and do you miss high school?

AlicornSpell

Do you miss being a teenager and do you miss high school?  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Do you miss being a teenager and do you miss high school?

• Yes
    • No

Well, it's quite disingenuous for me to post, since I am 17 as of now... but I have graduated High School, and I can say that it truly wasn't amazing for me. :mlp_pout: I do understand why some enjoy High School; one of my siblings enjoyed it quite a lot, but given the fact that I did High School online may have dampened the experience. Sure, I may have been able to create my own schedules... but that doesn't necessarily translate to good time management (quite the opposite, truly).

I know I am inherently biased, but part of me thinks people overrate their teenage and adolescent years. Sure, they may be relatively straightforward and safe, but they are also terribly tedious and boring at times. I am aware that everyone's experience is different, however, so it will vary from person to person. As far as I feel, however... I don't think I'm going to miss these years very much, especially this phase I am enduring.

I miss being younger, not necessarily being a teenager. And I definitely don't miss high school, except for a few teachers I had there.

No, and no. Too many bad memories. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone whose transition to adulthood was more fucked up than mine.

The only reason I'd go back to my high school was if I was in the mood to vandalize it. Or take a shit in the class swimming pool outside the gym. I have zero respect for that place.

I kind of miss it back when I was a freshmen and sophomore I was having the time of my life! Not much was going on, I was just very happy. There was this combination of old enough to have some personal freedoms while also being young enough to not have too many responsibilities. I liked the order it gave to my life as well, and sure the daily grind still existed but I did it amongst friends. I'm also in a very good place now though, and all periods have their ups and downs, so I wouldn't go back if given the opportunity.

Well no, but I do miss a carefree life that’s for sure.

Treated like a child, yet expected to act like an adult. Not to mention the confusing swirl of emotional angst. Nope, don't really miss adolescence. 

Sent to an institution that maintained these practices. 

See the source image

I still have nightmares to this day because of school. 

So no, I don't exactly miss being an adolescent or a student. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. Not only was high school a lot more simple than college or a job, I also had a great time. I was lucky enough to have a school where almost everyone in it was a good person, the teachers and other staff were very nice, and very rarely did I feel unwelcome. I miss my band friends I had there and I know I'll never have anything like that again, which sucks. Marching band especially was the best time of my life.

I'm not saying it was perfect. There were rough patches and waking up early sucked (I still have to do that with my job now), but I definitely miss being there.

No! No no no no no no no! High School was utter torture for me, given I was a socially awkward weirdo who got hit hard by puberty and was the target for pretty much ever bully in the place. Plus I was a really stupid teenager, as most teens are. 

Hell fucking no, High School was the worst part of my life. I would give anything to NOT live that part of my life over again.

• Brohoof 1

Being a teenager was pretty fun, I'm not gonna lie. High school though, not a chance. I wasn't a fan of every other person my age, I learned to ignore them though. The teachers weren't bad, a few were even fantastic. But do I miss being there? In every way, no!

(college though, I'd LOVE to relive those years :pinkie:)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I dunno....there's things I miss and don't miss about it. Keep in mind I'm only 18 right now, so....I still have plenty of young and reckless years left. :mlp_laugh: But my younger teenage years? There's a mix of good and bad memories in there. Most of them good ones though. :D Do I miss it? Sometimes....and sometimes not. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

HEEEELLLLLLL NO!!!

I was incredibly anxious and uncomfortable around other teenagers and high school was a real pain in the ass.

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Treated like a child, yet expected to act like an adult. Not to mention the confusing swirl of emotional angst. Nope, don't really miss adolescence. 

Sent to an institution that maintained these practices. 

See the source image

I still have nightmares to this day because of school. 

So no, I don't exactly miss being an adolescent or a student. 

It doesn't get better:

6a00e54f10a0988834014e8bfea011970d-pi

Bearing in mind that I'm only 20 years old (almost 21), and that I was homeschooled for almost all of my life, I don't think that I'd want to relive high school. There was one year that I went to a homeschool co-op, which was really fun and I made some pretty good friends. I'd relive that part, but everything following was horrible. Being forced into college at 16 with two overbearing parents really isn't fun, especially considering that my older sister (who went to that college) spent her time building up their expectations for me. I dropped out after a semester.

But would I go be a teenager again? Hell yes. I'd do so many things differently if I were allowed to.

There are things that I miss from being a teenager but there are things I don’t miss either. I do miss the world being bigger without internet and texting.  Also, there was no adult responsibilities like having a job, paying bills, paying rent, etc.. And I do miss playing music in high school. But I don’t miss the bullying at all. It’s a big reason why I have refused to go to a high school reunion.

As much as I enjoyed my youth I would not choose to go back and re-live it. And I certainly would NEVER go back to high school, which was one of the greatest horror stories of my life. Being an adult has lots of nice advantages that I enjoy, and I can still retain all the good memories of my past without dwelling on the bad parts.  

• Brohoof 1

Yes on a teenager, but no on a high school. One thing I can be sure of I don't want to spend any more of my time with studying and stressing over homework.

• Brohoof 1

you put two questions but only one answer :okiedokieloki: do i miss being a teenager? not really. i miss some of the things from back then, but high school sure isn't one of them

Having been an adult for the last 16, nearly 17, years, I'd rather go back. School was waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier and less stressful than my worklife. No bills, no responsibilities, summers off... I'd say I miss those days.