Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you miss being a teenager and do you miss high school?

AlicornSpell

Do you miss being a teenager and do you miss high school?  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Do you miss being a teenager and do you miss high school?

• Yes
    • No

I enjoyed school and university, but I have found working life to be far easier. I've found work nowhere near as challenging as learning, and once I moved out of the admin jobs it lost the main downside of being dull - and even then, when I took an interest in the work (which I tend to do naturally) and tried to 'do it smarter' rather than working harder I found it engaging. Not to mention that I get loads more pocket money now...

I'm currently 35 years old and I can say hand on heart that I do not miss my secondary school days. I loathe that place with an undying fury to this day. I don't miss my teenage years either. If anything, I want a complete redo of my teenage years and school life. Complete with correct gender and memories of a teenage life that I can look back on fondly without some traumatising memory lurking in the shadows.

• Brohoof 2

I never thought I would, but I definitely do. For me, it was the highlight of all my years at school. :rarity: Most importantly, I didn't have the negative experiences of my earlier schools. Also, the subjects we studied were more to my liking. There was a lot more freedom... I could focus on subjects I liked (including some new ones), and the ones I really disliked earlier were either few and far between (PE) or nonexistent (shop class). And I was probably more motivated to learn than ever before or after, in part thanks to those factors.

It goes without saying that the time wasn't entirely without its drawbacks, but I'd gladly go back if I could. Especially if I could take the few improved aspects of my life with me.

• Brohoof 5

I like being an adult because I am able to make my own decisions without my parents having the ability to alter them. As a teenager, I had curfews and more rules set on me. I don’t miss that. However, I do miss not having to have a line of work and my parents paying for everything XD

• Brohoof 1

i liked high school mainly cos seeing your friends was a daily occurrence that didn't require planning or anything

it's hard to do stuff with my friends nowadays cos everyone has different schedules and stuff