Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for 5 Interviewees(Read Why!)

Matrix Twang

(edited)

Hey, MLPF! I'm writing a thing on another website or two, basically as an anti-brony-hate thing. As part of it, I'm looking to interview at least five members of the fandom. If you'd like to be a part of this, please comment and then PM me!

Spots:

1. Nightmare Mirage

2. DivineGuard100

3. PoisonClaw

4. Rainbow Dash Swag

5. The Historian

Here's what's written thus far:

Hello! I've had a long hiatus from this site, totaling 3 years. During those years, a lot has changed, both on this site and in my life. I'm here to talk about a certain fandom...the My Little Pony fandom.

As you may well know, the more recent series, "Friendship is Magic", has garnered a lot of fans, both male and female. While I can definitely confirm that the people in the fandom I've met are kind and good people, there is a lot of hate that goes out. Specifically the "Brony" side.

I am here today to fight hate with one phrase: "It's just an opinion."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What Is A Brony?

A "Brony" is nothing more than a male individual who finds MLP:FiM entertaining/fun. That's it. I will repeat: a Brony is simply a male person who enjoys MLP:FiM. Nothing else.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fandom Cringe?

No! The vast majority of the MLP fandom is not cringe! I can attest to that myself, 8 of 10 people I met(male and female) were all very welcoming and friendly!

Unfortunately, most people only hear of the "Dark Side" of the fandom - the NSFW side. It's sad, that a very vocal minority has essentially destroyed any positive opinions about the fandom.

Just talk to a member of the fandom! They are among the nicest people I have ever communicated with on the Internet! You will see that it is but a small minority, with lungs of steel, who are giving you a tainted view of this fandom.

B-But this is a show meant for little girls?!

We GET that! But you know what? We don't care! It is an opinion and nothing more! Let's go into an opposite example: a lot of females I've met enjoy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a show aimed at a male audience. So why can a male not like a show meant for females if females can like shows meant for males?

Conclusion

As I said, the one thing you need to think about is that..it's just an opinion! Get over yourselves. The Internet would be much less toxic if you just let go if your self-entitlement and accepted people for what they like!

Thank you for reading. Now, here are some interviews with members of the Brony fandom! All answers are unedited to prove my point.

I know it probably won't go very far, but I want to at least put a message out there, and having the "testimony" from users would help a lot! Thanks!

Edited by Storm Button
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

What kind of interview will this be? Written or video?

Written. Figure that'd be much easier for everyone. 

Edited by Storm Button
Gosh darn it I forgot notifications! Sorry!
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, DivineGuard1000 said:

@Storm Button I’ll help you out! Sign me up!

Thank you for participating! You can find the post on these sites once i'm done:

- Here.

- Planet Minecraft

- tumblr

- Wattpad

- DeviantArt

(Also shoutout to @Nightmare Mirage for participating!)

Edited by Storm Button
  • Brohoof 1

I would argue that, My Little Pony was initially aimed at a girl audience, but Lauren Faust, in creating FiM, made it for a family audience. That's why it attracted so many 'bronies' - it's not hard to realize when watching the show it contains winks and nods to adults, and that much of its content is meaningful to both male and female. So while the creators were shocked at the immense popularity and enthusiasm of the show, they weren't shocked that adults watched it!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

I would argue that, My Little Pony was initially aimed at a girl audience, but Lauren Faust, in creating FiM, made it for a family audience. That's why it attracted so many 'bronies' - it's not hard to realize when watching the show it contains winks and nods to adults, and that much of its content is meaningful to both male and female. So while the creators were shocked at the immense popularity and enthusiasm of the show, they weren't shocked that adults watched it!

My point exactly! :) @Nightmare Mirage. Thus my title: "It's just an opinion, not cringe"

Also, if anypony else wants in, I still have two slots!

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

I’m down if you need more people 

I know I'm repetitive, but thank you for participating!

One slot left! First come first served

• Brohoof 1