Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I tag posts?

katzoo12

I mean, I've noticed that there's tags in this neck of the forums ike "answered" "technical questions". How do I do that, like if I want to post a spoiler?

1KHxxtz.png Apparently TKJjWHy.png5 posts are required to unlock the ability to use vBGTD94.pngtags.
Looks like newcomers cannot use tags. Unless something will be changed, you'll have to make 5 posts first, which will advance you to the muffin rank. Doing so will also unlock other features, such as the ability to send private messages.

Once these requirements will be met, you can put vBGTD94.pngtags below the thread title:

Spoiler

FYbp9WH.png

HCAXZFs.png Clicking +Choose... will open a box, where you'll be able to type your tags.

Spoiler

CPBhfPn.png

G4yxQ5s.png

HCAXZFs.png Additionally, you can set one of the tags you have typed as a Prefix Tag, that will be displayed before the title of the thread. [ Though I honestly don't know if members (aside blank flanks) can set these. I really have no option to check that myself due to moderator privileges. This is also a "per-section" setting, so even if members can use these, you may happen to be unable to select prefix tags here and there. ]

Spoiler

ceVuz82.png

1KHxxtz.png Remember, that you can set only one prefix tag.

For example, this is the output, that the following setup will give:

rCTWjBd.png

P2V0W6C.png

PREDEFINED TAGS

Some sections, such as Site Questions and Technical Support (where we are now), have Predefined (most of the time required) Tags, where you can or have to select one from the list.

Spoiler

H9HdVCe.png

beEWGks.png Though keep in mind, that you still can select only one prefix. Therefore, the [ Item prefix ] at the bottom won't have any effect, as it will be overwritten by the (required) Prefix selected above custom tags. Setting both will result in the second one being automatically removed altogether. [ Verified; Just checked (01.06.2019) ]

For example, this is the output, that the following setup will give:

tNjuCQz.png

WlvvNCq.png

Notice, that the vBGTD94.pngmlp tag is completely removed.

Hope that helps! :mlp_yeehaa:

Sorry; I went to sleep. :derp:

It's not only for starting new topics, posting (replying) in existing threads counts as well. :mlp_wink:

1KHxxtz.png&key=6d1143115aef3157aa50d99e However, some sections do not increase your post count.

For example, in Forum Games your post count will not increase, otherwise members would spam there just to 'farm' posts. :twi: Most of the forum games require minimal effort, such as the counting one, where you just post a number.

Sections with that restriction have a note in their description.

Anyway, looks like you already have more than 5 posts, so you should be able to use tags now. :mlp_smile:

You can view the current list of ranks here:

Few first ranks (especially "Muffin") unlock some features and access to specific sections. These aren't available for newcomers due to their more serious nature.

Other than that, these are purely cosmetic. :darling:

r9Quzru.png Seems like this thread has served its purpose, therefore I'll mark it as answered.

If you'll have more questions in the future, please feel free to create new topics. ;) 

Thank you and have a nice day! :darling: