Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

E15: Run to Break Free

Thrond

(edited)

Title: Run to Break Free
Air Date: May 31, 2019
Written By: Jessica Vaugn, Jess Furman, and Dan Whittemore
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): Rainbow Dash’s music video "Run to Break Free" about the moment you let go.

------------------

I guess this is along the same lines as the Rarity and Fluttershy songs last season, in that it sort of shows what drives the character, but I dunno if this is catchy enough and the lyrics seem kinda clunky. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

This is seriously welcome after the Spring Break nonsense and especially that last music video 

• Brohoof 2

This was one of the multiple shorts that were released early on the Discovery Family app, and I had been waiting a while to see it, especially given that I heard good things about it.   When I first saw it, I had to agree that it is a pretty solid music video.  I really enjoyed the animation in the video and how it was used to conveyed Rainbow Dash moving faster than everyone else as I found it really cool to see her moving normally while everyone else was in slow motion.  The song itself I found to be pretty catchy, and I actually thought it flowed pretty nicely.  Run to Break Free has a lot of style, and I would even go as far as to say it is one of my favorite EQG songs. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh my gosh she is X-Men Quicksilver ^_^

Spoiler

So anyway, I think Hasbro songs are getting better and better.

Edited by R.D.Dash
Video reference
  • Brohoof 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I dunno if this is catchy enough

These words have come back to bite me because I cannot get this song out of my head. You win, Equestria Girls. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Fun to watch, but what the hell?  Rainbow can run really fast but she's not supposed to be f*cking Quicksilver.  Her power has never involved existing on a different, like, time wavelength continuum thingy or whatever so that she can just stand there without moving and watch liquid fall in slow motion.  She's not supposed be able to pluck bullets out of mid-air for Celestia's sake.  TOO OP.  NERF PLS.

Good song, though.  Probably the best solo that either of the two Rainbows has ever had.

Edited by Justin_Case001