Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello lovely ponies of the forums! :D I'm gong to be taking questions as the princess of the sun! You may ask anything you wish, as long as you keep the inquiries within the simple guidelines I've set forward: 

1) please keep everything welcoming and friendly for others! 
2) I'm not terribly interested in talking about ships- lets just not do that please (although sailing ships are quite alright :orly:

*soaring down from above- almost falling, until catching myself at the last second* 

Hello dear ones :rarity: 
b47ba22c32f22af6454c472ae5beadcf.png

*trots over to my big plush pillow and lies down- stretching* 

• Brohoof 9

Greetings, Princess Celestia/ @Valencia & Welcome to the wonderful world of "Ask a Pony"!

I was wondering: "When do you find time to sleep?" 

Being a Princess doesn't seem like a "nine to five" kind of job. :ooh:

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :D

• Brohoof 5

Hmm, sure.

Dear Princess Celestia, what do you think of Twilight's progress over the course of the show running?

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, Princess Celestia/ @Valencia & Welcome to the wonderful world of "Ask a Pony"

Thank you so much dear one :rarity: I hope this to be a great first step in being more active with ponies one on one here in our realm :P

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was wondering: "When do you find time to sleep?" 

Being quite honest, whenever the time fits in to my schedule! :lie: So many things have to be balanced, seen through and double checked, it can be hard to keep a regular schedule. Many an evening as seen my time awake crossing deeply over into my fair sisters time watching the land, but fortunately for me, we both have  a sort of unspoken agreement to fill in when the other isn't keeping up with the actual day/night cycles themselves :bedeyes: 

although I haven't seen much of Luna as of late. :ooh: I wonder where can she be :huh:

• Brohoof 6

17 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Dear Princess Celestia, what do you think of Twilight's progress over the course of the show running?

Oftentimes, when you find yourself in such a role as I have been fortunate to have over the past centuries, you make so many decisions being the one in charge. Sometimes you make calls in the moment that may seem correct, but if they're not and you live as long as I do, you have plenty of time to think about your failures. 

Twilight has never been one of those mistakes. On countless occasions. she and her friends have stepped up and met the challenges that faced the kingdom. The only claim I have to any of their successes would be my decision to have her as my student in the first place, but she has far outgrown the role of pupil. In many ways I consider her a colleague- somepony who can give me a fresh perspective to consider.

It is always the hope of a teacher that their student will someday outgrow them, and Twilight is well on her way.

When the time comes for her to rule, I know she will be one of the best leaders Equestria has ever had. The realm couldn't ask for better 

• Brohoof 5

Hello Celestia. If I may be so bold as to ask your royal highness a couple questions. How do you like the name "Tia"? Is it something you only let Luna call you or may I use that name as well?

What's your favorite time of day? :ooh:

• Brohoof 5

*Touches her quill into the small cup of ink, and begins illustrating her letter.*

𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕮𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖆

𝕲𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖒𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖌𝖊! 𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝖆𝖘𝖐, 𝖉𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑... 𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚? 𝕴 𝖉𝖔 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖚𝖇𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘. 𝕭𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓 𝖎𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖘 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖇𝖊 𝖆 𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖞 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘.

... 𝕺𝖍, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝕴 𝖆𝖘𝖐 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖚𝖘𝖊? 𝕸𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖜𝖗𝖞 𝖆𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖞.

~~ 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖑𝖞, 𝕽𝖊𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖍𝖊

*After a short period of drying, she gives the note to a pigeon to deliver to the grand Queen of the Sun.*

• Brohoof 5

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What are some of your favorite hobbies?" 

I believe I remember the meaning of this word you say :ooh: ^_^ although my duties do not permit much in the ways of free time, I do enjoy getting away for a bit every year to the sea. Sailing has always been a secret passion of mine. I have a moderately sized sailing yacht I take out with a small crew and the closest of friends. we usually spend around a week taking in the fresh air and getting away from the troubles of the world :) 

Many years ago I used to practice tennis;nothing hugely invasive mind you- a good volley back and forth with a close friend is a wondrous way to spend a sunny afternoon :grin:

I may or may not have been seen playing tabletop games- whatever you may have heard, I'll leave it up for debate :sunbutt: and a role :orly:

But being honest, the most I can ask for during the day to day is some light reading before bed :catface: 

• Brohoof 6

10 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Hello Celestia. If I may be so bold as to ask your royal highness a couple questions. How do you like the name "Tia"? Is it something you only let Luna call you or may I use that name as well?

Close friends and family may call me Tia dear :rarity: you need not wonder whether you can or can't, I believe you know ^_^ 

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Dear Princess Celestia,

I was wondering: "What is your favorite book?"

I eagerly await your response.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

𝕲𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖒𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖌𝖊! 𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝖆𝖘𝖐, 𝖉𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑... 𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚? 𝕴 𝖉𝖔 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖚𝖇𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘. 𝕭𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓 𝖎𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖘 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖇𝖊 𝖆 𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖞 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘.

In the years past, there have been many instances I can recall where I have felt the sting of isolation- if not by the constant needs of the kingdom itself, by my own sense of self appointed misguided malcontent for my own decisions. I recall after sending Luna to the moon feeling moments of dread compounded with the anxiety of knowing I must be strong for Equestria- wondering what else could I have done, what did I miss in the moments before she was lost to the darkness for so many years. These feelings only pushed me further into the castle- deeper away from ponyfolk.

Only with the help of my long time teacher and friend starswirl was I able to find my way out of that abyss. Through his teachings I was able to become a  stronger leader, but it was his friendship where I leaned to become a better me- to forgive myself for my mistakes, and to learn to reach out to others when I was feeling alone. 

Fortunately the recent era has led me to holding quite a few bonds, both anew with Luna, other heads of state and many ponyfok alike! 

It may be true, that those around me pass into memory where I cannot go, but that doesn't take away any of the happiness and wonderful feelings that we shared. I treasure each one, and feel very fortunate to be in a position where I can sustain and make new bonds. 

I don't foresee a time where I shall be without ponies around me who care about me and vice versa :rarity:

33 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

.. 𝕺𝖍, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝕴 𝖆𝖘𝖐 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖚𝖘𝖊? 𝕸𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖜𝖗𝖞 𝖆𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖞.

Mane and tail dear :toldya: you can't beat the classics! :please:

• Brohoof 6

37 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

What's your favorite time of day? :ooh:

I"m sorry I missed this portion of your question my dear :o  to answer though, My favorite times of day are sunrise and sunset. 

when you control the sun, those times of day can almost be the creative outlets I get daily. (relative to what side of the globe I happen to be on of course, I do try to keep in mind to make beautiful skies everywhere, but those are more like templates I can pull from and distribute :please:)

the feeling of manipulating the suns rays to bounce off the atmosphere in just the right ways as to cause beautiful starts and ends to the given days... there is hardly another feeling like that for me. I most literally get to paint the skies. :wub: 

I hope they show the love I have for our home and all the ponyfolk in it <3 

• Brohoof 6

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Dear Princess Celestia,

I was wondering: "What is your favorite book?"

I eagerly await your response.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle 

Dearest Twilight, I've read many books, but the writings I've found the most fulfilling have been those you and your friends have been sharing with me over the years when you first moved to ponyville. I know things have changed a bit over the years- as most things do, and I know they're not currently complied into one large text, but that doesn't mean I haven't bound them and put them away for safe keeping :)

• Brohoof 5

Greetings, Princess!

May I just say that I find it amazing that you're finding time to answer questions any of your ponies may have for you.

That being said: 

1. What are your feelings about Discord? I know he gave you flowers when Tirek was defeated, but I thought I'd ask you myself.

2. Are alicorns part Earth Pony, or is it just Unicorn and Pegasus?

3. How do you get your mane to flow that way?

4. Are there any other alicorns besides you, Luna, Cadance, Twilight, and Flurry Heart?

5. Do alicorns ever get sick? I've read a few fanfictions where they don't. If you do, however, are there any Alicorn-exclusive illnesses?

6. What are some of your favorite things to do with Luna?

Thank you,

Your faithful subject,

katzoo12

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Valencia said:

Dearest Twilight, I've read many books, but the writings I've found the most fulfilling have been those you and your friends have been sharing with me over the years when you first moved to ponyville. I know things have changed a bit over the years- as most things do, and I know they're not currently complied into one large text, but that doesn't mean I haven't bound them and put them away for safe keeping :)

"See Spike Run" is one of my favorite "books". :P

That's what Twilight says whenever I deliver things to Canterlot Castle. :BornAgainBrony:

That is an *excellent* segue into my next question, Spike. :dash:

*Clears throat*

"How long have you & your sister both lived in Canterlot Castle?" :twi:

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, katzoo12 said:

May I just say that I find it amazing that you're finding time to answer questions any of your ponies may have for you.

I may be the ruler of Equestria, but a pony needs friends my dear ^_^ you're most welcome :rarity:

1. What are your feelings about Discord? I know he gave you flowers when Tirek was defeated, but I thought I'd ask you myself

If you can ever tell what Discord is thinking inside that paradox of a brain he has, pray please fill your princess in on it please? That impish spirit never fails to surprise me! :sunbutt:

2. Are alicorns part Earth Pony, or is it just Unicorn and Pegasus?

This is a common misconception. Alicorns pull from all three pony species- the boosted physical strength being one of the biggest benefits, but can easily be overlooked unfortunately. 

3. How do you get your mane to flow that way?

I use a combination of my own magic and manipulation of the sun's rays to construct a small low pressure field around myself to cause a breeze. Not only is it very effective, but in warmer climates its like having a personal climate controller with me :P (indoors its more of my own magic pulling the strings- I do miss the cool breeze) 

4. Are there any other alicorns besides you, Luna, Cadance, Twilight, and Flurry Heart?

Currently I don't believe so, although my knowledge on the matter may have holes in it :huh:

5. Do alicorns ever get sick? I've read a few fanfictions where they don't. If you do, however, are there any Alicorn-exclusive illnesses?

Although we are less prone to illnesses, we are in fact not immune. In truth we are susceptible to afflictions from all three pony species. 

6. What are some of your favorite things to do with Luna?

Oh dear, to list that many things would require a short novels worth of explanation :please: sufficed to say we share many hobbies and experiences. One of our favorites would have to be sharing breakfast and dinner with each other respectively- her dinner, my breakfast you see (assuming we're on the correct schedule with each other)  

and you're very welcome :grin:

• Brohoof 5

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"How long have you & your sister both lived in Canterlot Castle?" :twi:

I have lived in Canterlot castle since before its completion.My living quarters were constructed many years before the castle became what it is today! :sunbutt: 

Dear Luna... she only got to see the ground breaking ceremony, short after is when all the troubles started :lie: 

So for myself I'd say somewhere around 950-970 years? those first few decades run together in my memory. 

And with Luna back with us again, she has been here ever since that fateful eve nine years ago :)

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Do you ever get tired of ponies treating you like a deity and not like you were a regular pony? 

It can be quite hard to make connections with other ponyfolk with the "goddess like"  air that constantly follows me, :adorkable: but ultimately I'm of two minds on the subject. 

!) It really can be frustrating- I feel like there is a high pressure wave that moves with me constantly out in public; the intimidation of the crown really can make otherwise chatty and expressive ponies quiet and stone faced. That is the last thing I want! Of course I understand there being a certain sense of propriety when I'm around, but I never want my ponyfolk to stop being themselves because I enter a room. 

2) on the contrary to my first point, the weight of the crown really can back up and strengthen the confidence in my leadership- the air that follows me can help solidify the belief that I should indeed be the one making the big decisions. 

In short, I wish that I could just walk amongst the ponies and share in their community, but to be who they need me to be, that regal air seems to be part of the process 

Do you miss getting Friendship reports from Twilight?

I do :adorkable: I miss hearing from my favorite student, but as I've alluded here before, Twilight sparkle is a leader in her own right and has her own responsibilities. The only constant in life is change, so seeing her moving up in the realm and taking on larger challenges is quite fulfilling. 

I still wish she would drop me a parchment more often though :please: 

• Brohoof 5

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have an important question for you. :ticking: Or actually, it's not that important, just something my friend Strawberry Scoop wanted to know – she was too shy to ask it herself. :adorkable:

We heard a while ago that you like ice cream (then again, I think everypony does)! :D Do you have a favorite flavor, or are they all equally good? :ooh: Scoop would be over the moon to know! And speaking of the moon, I think she'd be interested in knowing Luna's favorite too. :LunaMCM:

Lastly, I'd like to thank you on behalf of everypony for taking time to answer our questions, Your Highness! :kindness:

• Brohoof 8

4 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have an important question for you. :ticking: Or actually, it's not that important, just something my friend Strawberry Scoop wanted to know – she was too shy to ask it herself. :adorkable:

We heard a while ago that you like ice cream (then again, I think everypony does)! :D Do you have a favorite flavor, or are they all equally good? :ooh: Scoop would be over the moon to know! And speaking of the moon, I think she'd be interested in knowing Luna's favorite too. :LunaMCM:

Lastly, I'd like to thank you on behalf of everypony for taking time to answer our questions, Your Highness! :kindness:

you should never worry about your question being important my dear little pony :rarity: I appreciate more being bale to get to know me! :D 

.... NEAPOLITAN :orly:

:laugh: 

I kid my dear ^_^ although those are delicious options :catface:

sunflower seed ice cream would be my formal answer to that :P although a rare delicacy called praline and cream is always in stock in the caste's freezers :ph3ar:- praline nuts with vanilla ice cream and caramel :wub:

You don't have to thank me sweet one, I opened this line of dialogue so that my people and I can become friends! I tire of being isolated with such beauty and grace surrounding me :otime to be with my ponyfolk!!! :love:  

A-ahem exuse me :lie:^_^

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Do you prefer cupcakes or normal-sized cakes?" :ooh:

I prefer cake on my plate dear :orly:

images_28.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

Dear Celestia,

I bet it can be frustrating that you can’t be yourself because you have to always present this image of royalty. When you are alone, what is your favorite thing to do to unwind? :ooh:

• Brohoof 4

24 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Dear Celestia,

I bet it can be frustrating that you can’t be yourself because you have to always present this image of royalty. When you are alone, what is your favorite thing to do to unwind? :ooh:

As I said to another earlier this eve, I don't get much in the way of free time :lie: most of my time is spent looking after the realm's needs. Although I do enjoy a bit of light reading before bed, and the occasional sisters night with Luna- those are the nights I have on replay in my mind's eye when I'm buried in my regal duties :P

Well... There might be some loud music, some speed flying and magic study in there as well... But you didn't hear that officially! :please:

• Brohoof 4