Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

14 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"How do you make your mane flow like it does?” 

I use a combination of my own magic and manipulation of the sun's rays to construct a small low pressure field around myself to cause a breeze. Not only is it very effective, but in warmer climates its like having a personal climate controller with me :P (indoors its more of my own magic pulling the strings- I do miss the cool breeze) 

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, Valencia said:

I use a combination of my own magic and manipulation of the sun's rays to construct a small low pressure field around myself to cause a breeze. Not only is it very effective, but in warmer climates its like having a personal climate controller with me :P (indoors its more of my own magic pulling the strings- I do miss the cool breeze) 

Sillylestia! ^_^

"How do you deal with criticism?" :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

Princess Celestia,

You and Luna are princesses, not Queens, yet you seem to be the highest speaking power. Do you have parents we have yet to meet, or, more likely, is Equestria not a nation, but a city-state/colony, ruled by lower-class nobles? If the latter is true, what is the motherland like?

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Sillylestia! ^_^

Whatever do you mean dear? :sunbutt: tenor.gif

21 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"How do you deal with criticism?" :sealed:

On a more serious note, criticism in and of itself isn't inherently negative. When somepony offers a healthy critique to be helpful and aid in your journey to improvement, it can be a welcomed gift- it can even lead to trust and new friendships:kindness: 

If the banner of criticism is used as a ruse to relay hurtful or demeaning ideals however, my advice to anypony would be to try and find a real meaning from the hurt. You may indeed find you are doing something right by hearing the hurtful comments from this who wish to see you fail. 

It could even be a situation where you trying something new irritates them because they don't have the confidence to out themselves out there like you have.:o

It can be difficult to deal with overly Negative comments, but as many have said before me, just ignore those who wish to do you harm :)

Follow the path the feels truest to your heart :rarity:

• Brohoof 3

30 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

Princess Celestia,

You and Luna are princesses, not Queens, yet you seem to be the highest speaking power. Do you have parents we have yet to meet, or, more likely, is Equestria not a nation, but a city-state/colony, ruled by lower-class nobles? If the latter is true, what is the motherland like?

Ah, now this is an interesting story I rarely get to share :sunbutt:

Indeed it is true that princesses are the ruling body of the land. The word "princess"  and it's usage in our society, does come from the archaic regal class system that includes queen and king above it's position.

When Luna and I found ourselves in the highest positions, we found rhat princess as a title felt more approachable and less oppressive than that of queen- at least that was our reasoning at the time :grin:

So, being the ones at the helm of the culture, we simply changed the term of of highest role in the land! Maybe it was a bit misguided, but things seem to have worked out ^_^

• Brohoof 3

So, one thing. When Luna was taken over by Nightmare Moon, did you ever say or do anything to initially upset her, or was it strictly as we've heard, with jealousy and insecurity?

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

So, one thing. When Luna was taken over by Nightmare Moon, did you ever say or do anything to initially upset her, or was it strictly as we've heard, with jealousy and insecurity?

The word you are looking for my Little pony is neglect >_>

A massive amount of energy goes into heading and subsequently successfully operating a society as large as our own.

We were still young mind you. True, we did have the counsel of starswirl for guidance, but even with his help and our exemplary power, it was quite overwhelming during several stages of the process to build what we have today.

I share this not to make excuses for my failings, but to give further insight into my mindset at the time. I was obsessed with the ponyfolk- I invested every waking moment into our newly budding kingdom so as to properly provide and lead as best to our ability.

To OUR ability...

I didn't see the strain Luna was under; I wasn't there to be supportive. I was so wrapped up within the mechanics or our new society, that I didn't see the cracks forming within her spirit- she needed her sister, and I gave her silence :sunny:

Treating her like a common primal threat to the people by sending her to the moon was a cold, calculated maneuver- simply a move on a chessboard that I calculated in the swift moment I felt I had.

I had to protect the ponfolk- the needs of many many outweigh the needs of the few

Or the one :(

Only in the moments after did I fully realize what I had done, but I had centuries to replay it

And every full moon...

full.png

*Centers myself* 

I'm sorry dear one, that wasn't exactly what you asked me, but I believe the answer shows the gravity of those memories and past decisions 

I am not afraid of my past, and I have learned from my misguidance, but that does not mean that the recollection of such choices doesn't pain my heart in some way 

Maybe knowing that much about your leader is damaging to my position, but I would argue it only shows that I am ponyfolk just as everyone else is 

I am glad to have shared that with you :rarity:

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Does Princess Luna still enjoy trap door slides?" :P

Indeed she does ^_^ 
The castle may or my not have multiple secret chutes for expediting us both around the campus when we're feeling spry and jovial :mlp_yeehaa: but you didn't hear that from me ^_^

3 minutes ago, Twilight and Starlight said:

Do you like Starlight?

she may have had that business in the past, but that does not speak to her true character. Equestria is built on forgiveness and understanding- a pony should never feel as though they're stuck with a bad reputation if they take the time to actively invest in their community and friends for the better. Starlight Glimmer is a prime example of all these characteristics in action. :) Although I haven't been able to take the time to get to know her personally, she seems quite nice, plus Twilight always has great taste in friends, who am I not to trust the princess of friendship? ^_^:catface:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Valencia said:

Indeed she does ^_^ 
The castle may or my not have multiple secret chutes for expediting us both around the campus when we're feeling spry and jovial :mlp_yeehaa: but you didn't hear that from me ^_^

I'm sure Pinkie Pie would *love* to use all of those slides! :D

"Would you be willing to allow the Element Bearers to use the slides free of charge?" :ooh:

PINKIE!? :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm sure Pinkie Pie would *love* to use all of those slides! :D

"Would you be willing to allow the Element Bearers to use the slides free of charge?" :ooh:

PINKIE!? :wacko:

hahaha of course they're open to my favorite cotton candy friend Pinkie dear ^_^:D  I believe you forget you've fallen through a few during your visits with us! :kindness:

Its good to see you my friend.Please be sure to come around more often, these open chamber hours are here for me to be able to see more of my friends and ponyfolk! don't see a stranger! :rarity: 

*boops snoots with you* how wonderful :mlp_yeehaa:

celestiapie4-9322.png?rect=141,0,617,617

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Valencia said:

*boops snoots with you* how wonderful :mlp_yeehaa:

Princess Luna won't be happy with you *booping* her "Moon Pie's" nose, y'know? :ooh:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Princess Luna won't be happy with you *booping* her "Moon Pie's" nose, y'know? :ooh:

I'm sure things will be fine dear :orly: ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Valencia said:

I'm sure things will be fine dear :orly: ^_^

If you say so. :dash:

"Do you & Princess Luna like to tease each other about the moon?" :sunbutt::LunaMCM:

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Do you & Princess Luna like to tease each other about the moon?" :sunbutt::LunaMCM:

I feel glad to be saying yes, in fact that is an inside joke with us now:fluttershy: 

Shes was the first one to bring it up- I believe it was over some little thing about what we would have for dinner one evening not so long after the incident when I got her back. We were having a tiny disagreement about what dessert we should have the castle pastry chef make for after dinner, and she said something to the affect of "what shall you do sister, banish me if we don't have the right cake". I won't lie, there was an awkward pause- mostly from my side of the conversation :lie:- but quickly her solemn visage melted away into laughter as she saw the look on my face! ^_^ Those first moments back at home in the castle is where the healing began. I'm very thankful to have her back in my life- not only to I have a trusted companion to help make Equestria flourish, but I have my sister and best friend back :rarity:  

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Valencia said:

I feel glad to be saying yes, in fact that is an inside joke with us now:fluttershy: 

Shes was the first one to bring it up- I believe it was over some little thing about what we would have for dinner one evening not so long after the incident when I got her back. We were having a tiny disagreement about what dessert we should have the castle pastry chef make for after dinner, and she said something to the affect of "what shall you do sister, banish me if we don't have the right cake". I won't lie, there was an awkward pause- mostly from my side of the conversation :lie:- but quickly her solemn visage melted away into laughter as she saw the look on my face! ^_^ Those first moments back at home in the castle is where the healing began. I'm very thankful to have her back in my life- not only to I have a trusted companion to help make Equestria flourish, but I have my sister and best friend back :rarity:  

I imagine there were quite a few April Foals Day-esque pranks following Princess Luna's return, do you remember any in particular?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Celestia,

Did you and Luna have stuffed animal toys when you were younger? What were their names?

Don’t worry, I won’t tell Luna that you told. ;)

Oh this one will be fun to hear about later :yay: I won't blame you if this bit of history get around, we're ponies too after all ;)^_^

When I was a very small filly, I had a stuffed ursa minor made out of enchanted cosmos print named.... Twinkles:lie: ^_^ Twinkles and I, as well as Luna and her little stitched sidekick got into all sorts of high jinks! :mlp_yeehaa: many of those heard about -but never proven, mind you:sealed:- cookie heists had our fluffy friends witness to our alleged crimes :orly:

Oh and what was Luna's little friend called again :huh: 

AH YES! the little spider was named Foofoo! :D 

we may still have those stuffed animals, and we may both still keep them on our beds, but again that's something I'll leave up to the imagination ;)^_^

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I imagine there were quite a few April Foals Day-esque pranks following Princess Luna's return, do you remember any in particular?

That next year I was walking into the main hall- not knowing it was April Foals day I was treating it like any other day. Luna came galloping in wearing full nightmare moon armor with such a dreadful fanfare around her. I have to give her credit, the affects were a testament to her skills with magic. So there I am, dumbfounded, and here she goes giving this speech about how I've never given her thoughts the rightful counsel they deserve and all that (even though we had easily fixed these things long before) 

It must've been the mist and lighting tricks that concealed the  pinned up banner full of chocolate pudding overhead, because as she finished up her well thought out evil doer monologue, I just get absolutely and completely smothered in tasty slime! ^_^ I can laugh about it now, and in fact we bot laughed our hooves off then as well, but the cleanup was atrocious :blink:

still, I'll never forget that April foals! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Valencia said:

That next year I was walking into the main hall- not knowing it was April Foals day I was treating it like any other day. Luna came galloping in wearing full nightmare moon armor with such a dreadful fanfare around her. I have to give her credit, the affects were a testament to her skills with magic. So there I am, dumbfounded, and here she goes giving this speech about how I've never given her thoughts the rightful counsel they deserve and all that (even though we had easily fixed these things long before) 

It must've been the mist and lighting tricks that concealed the  pinned up banner full of chocolate pudding overhead, because as she finished up her well thought out evil doer monologue, I just get absolutely and completely smothered in tasty slime! ^_^ I can laugh about it now, and in fact we bot laughed our hooves off then as well, but the cleanup was atrocious :blink:

still, I'll never forget that April foals! :mlp_yeehaa:

That sounds like a great April Foals Day prank! :laugh:

"How did you retaliate?" :sneer:

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"How did you retaliate?" :sneer:

Oh goodness :laugh: pulling the full drapes back on our back and forth :D

that evening I snuck into the lovely nocturnal ones chambers and nabbed her crown and hoof cuffs. 

I had the castle staff help me make fifty or so jello molds of a bust of her head, then when she woke up and came looking for her regal adornments, I induced her to the room or jiggly lunas-telling her to have fun hunting ^_^ 

she looked for three hours!!, and in the end, I had her things underneath the cushion of her throne in the throne room! :laugh:

full.gif

• Brohoof 2

*gets up and stretches myself out* 

Its time I retire to my sleeping Chambers dear friends aww.JPG

I bid you good evening and pleasant dreams my little ponies happy3.JPG

• Brohoof 2