Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E11- Student Counsel

Kion

Student Counsel  

79 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode

• Starlight and Trixes funny facial expressions. Loved it
    • Maud:"Im very excited this is going to be the most perfect party ever."Like it
    • Starlight forgets to pick up the cake Meh it was okay
    • Silver stream keeps bothering Starlight in her office I disliked it.
    • No mane 6 or spike in this episode I hated it

(edited)

Title: Student Counsel  

Air date : May 20th Italian, June 8th Discovery family. 

Written by: Josh Haber 

Synopsis:  "Starlight Glimmer relishes her role as school counselor and encourages the students to come to her anytime about anything, but she becomes overwhelmed and learns a lesson."

Episode Link: Daily Motion

Edited by Twilight and Starlight
  • Brohoof 6

To me, this episode was ALL WRONG! Starlight's friends all shouldn't have been the ones to support her, and not only that, they don't even have jobs in the School of Friendship, for what I know. >:-P

(edited)
2 hours ago, DonMaguz said:
  Hide contents

Best episode of S9 so far, the only one to get a 10/10 during the first half.

@DonMaguz I 100% agree with you this is the best episode of the season. And its get a 100/100 for me. Thou a few episodes have come very close to it.

Edited by Twilight and Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a few very serious issues with this episode, but I am not going to mention them until it airs :okiedokieloki:

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

• This topic was pinned and featured

This episode was okay. I feel like it handled Starlight Glimmer well. I really like the internal struggle that was given to her. It suited her well, in my opinion!

4 hours ago, Bas said:

Wouldn't say the best necessary, but IIRC it was a good one.

There is an official English dub out there, seemingly. Any idea where it is coming from?

I managed to find it in English online last week!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

Reveal hidden contents

This episode was okay. I feel like it handled Starlight Glimmer well. I really like the internal struggle that was given to her. It suited her well, in my opinion!

I managed to find it in English online last week!

@Bakugou Is My Man <3 Me to I found it on equestria daily. 

On 6/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, FirePuppy said:

Hide contents

To me, this episode was ALL WRONG! Starlight's friends all shouldn't have been the ones to support her, and not only that, they don't even have jobs in the School of Friendship, for what I know. >:-P

I agree with @Loyal Defender. It's awesome to see how

Spoiler

Starlight tries to make time for her friends and she does the responsible thing by helping to look for a missing student.

Heck, if you don't like Mudbriar's attitude in his earlier episode, he actually gets some "Your habit of saying technically is really annoying" glares from the others.

Plus, Teramar is so adorable in here. I just want to give him a hug and tell him We'll find Silverstream.

Plus, just because they don't have jobs at the school doesn't mean they're lazy jobless ponies. Sunburst is the Royal Crystaler to Flurry Heart, for goodness sakes.

And instead of going back to the party, everyone wanted to help Starlight find Silverstream! If that's not being supportive of Starlight, I don't know what is.

You claiming her friends shouldn't be supportive of Starlight is a terrible thing to say. As long as she getting support from good ponies, it shouldn't matter Who's giving the support. Giving support is giving support.

• Brohoof 5

21 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Hide contents

Starlight tries to make time for her friends and she does the responsible thing by helping to look for a missing student.

And instead of going back to the party, everyone wanted to help Starlight find Silverstream! If that's not being supportive of Starlight, I don't know what is.

Spoiler

There, right there! 

They're the ones who have had the hardest time to find some friends and when they finally do, they act like real life friends do.

They scold one another, make fun of each other, help each other when there's trouble and are eager to take responsibility about how they have behaved.

I love the Mane 6, but this group of misfits is what I call friends.

• Brohoof 6

Hmmm... there is a lot of potential here with this episode. I look forward to watching it in English in the coming days.

• Brohoof 2

GUYS,

DO NOT GANG UP ON OTHER USERS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION. 

I HAVE REMOVED/EDITED SOME POSTS.

STOP.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Okay, some spoilers bellow, and I sincerely apologise for my opinion because I disliked how this episode addresses the issue :adorkable:, but I am just going to say it anyway in a spoiler box. Please read it preferably after you watched the episode, thanks

Spoiler

It's not like Trixie bothered Starlight during her school hours

It's not like Trixie forced her to go to the party that Starlight was to busy to attend to.

It's not like that party was rudely interrupted because it's somehow Starlight's responsibility to look for missing students during her off hours.

I am sorry Starlight but your advice is completely fell on deaf ears because it was hilarious to run around in the dangerous forest because they thought Silverstream was in danger.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, R.D.Dash said:

Okay, some spoilers bellow, and I sincerely apologise for my opinion because I disliked how this episode addresses the issue :adorkable:, but I am just going to say it anyway in a spoiler box. Please read it preferably after you watched the episode, thanks

Hide contents

It's not like Trixie bothered Starlight during her school hours

It's not like Trixie forced her to go to the party that Starlight was to busy to attend to.

It's not like that party was rudely interrupted because it's somehow Starlight's responsibility to look for missing students during her off hours.

I am sorry Starlight but your advice is completely fell on death ears because it was hilarious to run around in the dangerous forest because they thought Silverstream was in danger.

Spoiler

Trix didn't technically bother Starlight during school hours, but I would argue that the students were still Star's responsibility for as long as they were still in Ponyville. Especially since she's the only faculty member still looking over the premises. And Trix didn't force Star to go to the party, but she was deliberately trying to make her feel ashamed, and Starlight was already feeling terrible about letting Trixie down. A thing I liked about that part of the conflict is that both Star and Trix had valid reasonings for what they did. Starlight is commendable for trying to be there for her students at all times, while Trixie is right to be annoyed that her friend isn't keeping her commitments, especially over a part of her job she sees as excessive.

Edited by gingerninja666
  • Brohoof 10

So many good faces this episode! I could do without Mudbriar showing up again, but Trixie and Starlight make up with it with their great comedic chemistry.

• Brohoof 1

I thought that this was a good episode.  I feel like that Starlight becoming the school's counselor was a a decision that helped her character, and I enjoy seeing her in that role.  I also found the conflict she faced over balancing work and personal life to be engaging.  I also found Trixie having none of it to be pretty amusing at times. also I really like the friendship between her and Starlight as I feel that it is a pretty entertaining character dynamic that I always enjoy watching.  I also liked how everyone was having none of Mudbriar in this episode.  That was definitely funny.  Also Maud got some pretty great lines here.

Overall, I enjoyed Student Counsel.

• Brohoof 8

This was a pretty fun episode. Glad we got to see Terramar again, and there were a ton of funny moments between Starlight and Trixie throughout the entire episode.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I think the first half is the better half in this episode. It's consistently funny and entirely focused on the main story. The second half on the other hand is a lot weaker. Most of the adventure in the Everfree feels like filler because once Starlight remembers the Student Treehouse, everything before is forgotten and doesn't mean much in the long run. I guess it was supposed to show how much Starlight's scheduling has messed everything up, but Silverstream going missing already accomplishes that goal. If they just found Silverstream in danger and saved her, that would get the same point across without feeling like filler. The second half does still have some good jokes and isn't as boring as most other episodes this season, but it is a let down compared to what came before.

It's a shame because the first half really is great. Starlight and Trixie have such a great dynamic and the conflict is a nuanced one. Both Starlight and Trixie have good points and that makes the story much more engaging. And I just have to mention again that the comedy in the first half is the best of the season. It doesn't rely on meme faces and is actually timed well for once.

Score: 8/10

Edited by bigbertha
  • Brohoof 5

Not a big Starlight fan but this was a pretty enjoyable episode on her. Some funny moments here and there and a nice moral.

I'd have made this longer but yea. Decent :P

• Brohoof 6

They were trying way too hard. The humor is too repetitive. The characters' quirks have been used in the same way from the beginning till this quite welcomed end. It is saddening that this failure shall never be exposed to those tasked with the creation of the next generation. Perhaps that shall be the task of competitors who exist beyond their influence.

P.S: Everfree is still a noob zone. Git gud!

• Brohoof 1

I like this episode quite a bit, and it's all thanks to the characters. After all we got familiar faces, and even surprises like Mudbriar and Terramar. Everyone has had some of their characterisation expanded on that it's a lot of fun to watch. Trixie's impatience and Mudbriar's self-awareness at how tactless he can be were hilarious. And for me, Maud's lines sells the humor of this ep. She is so funny in this episode :laugh: I really loved seeing the cockatrices again too. I loved how terrifying they were waaaay back in Stare Master, so their return was just as welcome as the rest of the heroes.

Overall this is an inoffensive episode. There's not much to say about the story, but the characters and the humour make most of the best parts.

• Brohoof 9