Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Films You've Seen?

Matrix Twang

I'll also add another one here: Mulan II. I think this film has been ripped into so many times that it isn't worth a discussion at this point. As it stands, it is only not the worst animated film I've ever seen because Chicken Little exists. All I'll say is everything me and a lot of others liked about the original film is absolutely nowhere to be found here.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:57 PM, Will Guide said:

I'm in the Minority who doesn't hate Scrappy Doo, but the gang abandoning Scrappy on the road and him coming back for revenge was just awful!

I never knew what it was about. I left 10 minutes in!

31 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I never knew what it was about. I left 10 minutes in!

Yeah, maybe it would have been better if I did what you did and leave!

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Halloween II (2009) - I already didn't Rob Zombie's first remake, and this one doubled down on everything that made me dislike the first. It's ugly, aggressively hateful, mean-spirited, and it's overall unwatchable. 

Thank god for the 2018 movie.

It certainly exposed Rob Zombie as being a hypocrite since years before that he said remakes are unnecessary cash grabs. I felt the movie was made in bad taste with all the swearing and trying to show off his wife.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Twilight Luna said:

It certainly exposed Rob Zombie as being a hypocrite since years before that he said remakes are unnecessary cash grabs. I felt the movie was made in bad taste with all the swearing and trying to show off his wife.

What's funny is that Rob Zombie himself didn't even want to make a sequel to the 2007 remake.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

What's funny is that Rob Zombie himself didn't even want to make a sequel to the 2007 remake.

A sack of money sure changed his mind. John Carpenter at least had a good reason to do the sequel when he didn’t want to.

• Brohoof 1

Die Hard- I only watched it cause my dad wanted to, so maybe I’m a bit biased. The movie was just way too long for what it was and nothing really invested me enough to like it. Plus I got a huge headache afterwards cause watching long movies in the dark does that to me.

Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life- The trailer looked really fun, but the result was underwhelming. It felt like the movie was saying “all teens rebel just to do it” and “corporate greed is always the bad guy”. They also didn’t bother to tell us some brother was fake and dead until much later, even though he seemed like he was real (I’ve seen media do this before but it doesn’t mean the viewer shouldn’t know what’s going on). Plus, some girl spent two minutes explaining to a kid her age what a VCR was even though he would’ve been around to use those in the 2000s.

(I also dislike most of the rom coms I’ve had to sit through, but listing them here would take forever. The only ones I actually like are 27 dresses and the Notebook)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 9:08 AM, Shimmer Muffin said:

Swiss Army Man? I'm still not sure whether I hate or not. But it's definitely a one big what the heck! 

Awwww I love that movie. Probably in my top 50 fav films.

Worst Movies I've seen fully are Sharkboy and Lavagirl, The Last Airbender, The Devil Inside, Signs, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Clone Wars Movie (animated)

Furious 7 was so bad I could not finish watching it, so there's that. 

This is going to offend a LOT of people... but here goes:

Pulp Fiction.

I felt like 3 hours of my life went down the drain. It was, in my opinion, awful. And to think it’s basically 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Wow.

I can see why other people may like/love it, but I was expecting A LOT more than it was.

No, I’m not hating on it because it’s popular, lol. I just think it’s incredibly overrated. ^^;;

Side note: some of his other movies are okay, but this one was just a big cup of nope for me.

Side note #2: feel free to debate me on it! :proud:

Edited by CoconutCake

Magic Mike- boring and I fell asleep during it.

Avatar - blue cat folks,  predictable story got bored of the story the moment i figured it out.

Avatar the last Air Bender-  .... this was just sad

• 1 month later...

For the worst movie i've seen, it has to be Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. Oh boy, I watched this one at my friend's house one time. I swear to god it's the most boring, unfunny comedy ever, I fell asleep in the middle of it. I managed to get quite a few laughs out of the first Mall Cop, but its unnecessary sequel had nothing for me. I had a hard time identifying which parts of dialogue were supposed to be jokes. I'm even getting bored just trying to describe it. Actually, never mind. There was one moment that made me chuckle. A bit. When he gets CGI ass kicked by a horse at the end. Seriously, that one moment alone looked so bad it was hilarious. 

Adding Rain Man (1988).

Oh boy is this film offensive on so many levels. I get this film was made at a time where autism wasn't understood, but deliberately alienating autistic people and not doing remotely any justice to the community is beyond a hard sell for me to remotely consider it (and don't tell me again this was the best representation of autism to that point, because even if that wasn't a non-argument I wouldn't care). It's just a damaging stereotype of a community already hurting at the time. Even without this, it's a very mediocre film at best. I could say some similar things about Forrest Gump upon rewatch also. :dry: I agree in part with what @Kyoshi says about it. It's beyond overrated and it even borders on offensive. Though it's nowhere near as bad as Rain Man is on that front.

• Brohoof 1

Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Mulan II, Chicken Little, Ástrópía (Icelandic film) and I am unsure about Willow (I have not seen the movie in a long time, but from what I remember, it was not particularly good even though it left an impression on me). 

9 minutes ago, Spider Demon said:

Adding Rain Man (1988)

Really? It happens to be one of my favorite films of all time. I even studied it for psychology class back in the days and wrote an essay about it. 
But if it is really autistic representation that is getting you, that was not the goal of the film at all. The film is actually based on a real life Savant, Kim Peek which helped him a lot personally. 

I get if you don't think the film was fun, but it was not trying to go out of its way to educate people generally about autistic people, but it was really following an actual person by turning it into inspired fiction. 

3 minutes ago, Alastor said:

Really? It happens to be one of my favorite films of all time. I even studied it for psychology class back in the days and wrote an essay about it. 
But if it is really autistic representation that is getting you, that was not the goal of the film at all. The film is actually based on a real life Savant, Kim Peek which helped him a lot personally. 

I get if you don't think the film was fun, but it was not trying to go out of its way to educate people generally about autistic people, but it was really following an actual person by turning it into inspired fiction. 

That didn't stop it from making the treatment of autistic people at the time from bad to worse.

1 minute ago, Spider Demon said:

That didn't stop it from making the treatment of autistic people at the time from bad to worse.

I didn't know about that fact. Was it directly because of the film? 

3 minutes ago, Alastor said:

I didn't know about that fact. Was it directly because of the film? 

It directly relates to the representation of Rain Man spreading common misconceptions like all autistics being savants (when only a small percentage are), and it spreads the lie that all savants are autistic (which also isn't the case). Thus spreading the media culture we have now where autism = savantism. Basically it indirectly created conditions for inaccurate representation of the community. Maybe it's not directly because of the film, but it definitely has a role to play in that problem in modern media.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember watching this one movie titled "Birdemic Shock and Terror" and my god that movie was AWFUL, especially with the horrendous acting, terrible audio, and the putrid animation of the CGI birds. Other than that, the film is just boring and not worth your time watching it. James Nguyen, the director/writer of this piece of crap, is probably one of worst directors/writers ever in the film industry. 

Edited by GeyserLuna
  • Brohoof 1

I also watched Birdemic and it was definitely terrible. It kind of fell into the category of "so bad it's good", but it's too drawn out. I would recommend watching some parts in YouTube compilations, as some parts were funny.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Colt 45 said:

I also watched Birdemic and it was definitely terrible. It kind of fell into the category of "so bad it's good", but it's too drawn out. I would recommend watching some parts in YouTube compilations, as some parts were funny.

Despite how terrible this movie was, it even has a sequel, yes a sequel. 

Image result for facepalm mlp

• Brohoof 2