Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would a rebooted version of the show be like?

Plonkett

Let's say after the show ends, a "by bronies, for bronies" version of FiM would be made, starting the show from scratch. What kinds of things do you think such a show should have?

Me personally, while it would still keep the slice of life aspect, it could have more adventure stuff than the actual show. It could also do away with any kid's show tropes and act a bit more mature with its themes. There could be more Celestia and Luna episodes, as well as Equestria being explored more. Villains like Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and King Sombra could have a lot more dept, as well as more new villains not introduced in the show. Also, Cadence could be a Pegasus instead of an alicorn and a different color besides pink, Twilight also being an alicorn at the end of the show.

(edited)

It could easily be more adult oriented show, but not to adult, because swearing is a bit unnecessary (+you know what I mean, that's also unnecessary) so it's a PG-13 style show with ponies just living their lives.

Edited by R.D.Dash
Different idea for a show.

How many bronies are there? You'd need ate least one version for each.

Any way... I don't think I'd change much. I love the show as it is. I'd only make it so that the title of princess was actually important. I don't mean that MLP should be House of Cards with ponies, but it should be some real weight to Celestia's and Luna's position as the rulers. Definitively call at least Celestia 'queen' and do something with them that makes them important. I mean, if one is to control the day and night cycle. That should have a weight in the story, in the world where thy live. Other than that, I thing the show is as good as it could ever be.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, vgmaster9 said:

Let's say after the show ends, a "by bronies, for bronies" version of FiM would be made

This sounds really terrible

I can recognize flaws in the world of the show and its presentation but I don't know how you would fix them. More planning would help, and fewer settings.

(edited)

Just had another idea. On top of there being the rebooted version of FiM, there could also be a separate show alongside it, being inspired by the Guardians of Harmony toy line. GoH would basically be about high stakes adventures, while FiM would be about character building. Each season in GoH would have its own contained plot and villains, similar to the show 24's serialized structure. FiM's two-parters would still be more plot driven than the regular episodes (while still developing the relationships of the characters), but nothing world changing like GoH's seasons would be. Stories like Princess Trixie Sparkle would be equivalent of what GoH's seasons would be like. Character development would play a big part in GoH on just as much as action and conflict. A season of GoH would take place after the last season of FiM, and vice versa.

Also, the series premiere would be a 120 (at least) minute long film retelling the return of Nightmare Moon.

Edited by vgmaster9

I would have it go with the old 90s style fluid hand drawn animation like Darkwing Duck and Tiny Toons. It would look great with the simple pony shapes and more free moving expressions.