Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated

MangoFoalix

So yeah, this is a thing. I really never thought this game would get a remaster but here it is. If you guys don't know what this game is, it's one of the classic Spongebob games from the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era. It is a licensed game but god damn it is a good game. I am just so damn excited for this!!! :yay:

Yes, it's coming to all modern platforms. That includes PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.

And I hope it's a damn good one. Battle for Bikini Bottom is easily one of the best licensed games of all time, with it's memorable gameplay and it's multitude of great references.

It's also on PC too? 

Image result for i don't need it spongebob gif

• Brohoof 1

Can’t say I expected that one. Spongebob may be crap today, but was fun back then. And I heard that game was awesome as well, so I might try it out

• Brohoof 1

This game was my childhood in a nutshell and I still pop the classic Xbox version into my 360 every now and then. The soundtrack was charming, the voice acting was great (except for Mermaid Man tbh...), all the levels were well-designed, the gameplay was almost as good as Spyro... and it was faithful to the SpongeBob of its day.

MVIMG_20190605_164030691.thumb.jpg.00aca7bd3888f75fbc5d13784f8ea891.jpg

I never expected this to happen, especially after the original THQ went bankrupt. If only they'd also remaster the game for the first SpongeBob movie as well, because it plays very similarly, but I think that's less likely simply because it was meant to be a movie tie-in.

The coincidence here is stunning because me and a friend were discussing the game based on the first Spongebob movie and how much we would love for a remaster to that. This is definitely one step closer to that and it sounds awesome. I actually never played Battle for Bikini Bottom, so this will be an instant purchase. :3

• Brohoof 1

I definitely didn't see this one coming, but I know many are glad to see this one get a remaster. I never played the original, aside from watching YouTube videos on it, so I'll be coming into this without much experience. Looking forward to it nevertheless.

I'm really excited for this, the game was better than it had any right to be and I didn't think there was a chance to see this getting a rerelease. Hopefully there'll be a release date soon

• 1 year later...