Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

E16 - Camping Must Haves

Thrond

Title: Camping Must Haves
Air Date: June 7, 2019
Written By: Katie Chilson
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): Applejack and Rarity quickly realize they have differing ideas of what is a must-have for camping versus “glamping."

------------------------------------

If we have to have so many episodes about Rarity and Applejack hanging out, can they please not be the same joke about how different their personalities are? Please? At least this is a relatively cute version of that joke. 

(edited)

This was pretty cute.  While I do agree that having many episodes about how Rarity and Applejack hanging out involves how different there personalities are, I feel that this short works for me in a way that their episodes in FiM don't.  That being this feels much lighter and less combative.  When it comes to their episodes in FiM such as Look Before You Sleep, it generally doesn't feel like they like each other very much.  But here, while they have their disagreements and Applejack gets annoyed at Rarity, I still get a sense that they like spending time with one another.  This is why I have to say that I enjoy the dynamic the two have in the Equestria Girls franchise more than the dynamic the two have in Friendship Is Magic, and why that despite not liking any of the Rarity and Applejack team up episodes in the FiM, I actually liked this short.

Edited by cmarston1

(edited)
9 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

If we have to have so many episodes about Rarity and Applejack hanging out

Yay! More Rarijack! :D:mlp_yeehaa:/:-P

Seriously, I thought this EQG short was good. Especially, when Rarity was pulling her bed. ^_^

Edited by Sparklefan1234

4 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

This was pretty cute.  While I do agree that having many episodes about how Rarity and Applejack hanging out involves how different there personalities are, I feel that this short works for me in a way that their episodes in FiM don't.  That being this feels much lighter and less combative.  When it comes to their episodes in FiM such as Look Before You Sleep, it generally doesn't feel like they like each other very much.  But here, while they have their disagreements and Applejack gets annoyed at Rarity, I still get a sense that they like spending time with one another.  This is why I have to say that I enjoy the dynamic the two have in the Equestria Girls franchise more than the dynamic the two have in Friendship Is Magic, and why that despite not liking any of the Rarity and Applejack team up episodes in the FiM, I actually liked this short.

It's lighter, but I think it still has the same elements that make them seem so hostile to each other in Friendship is Magic, and I am honestly sick of this pairing in general, to be honest. I mean most of this short is just Applejack getting annoyed with Rarity packing so much, because I guess Rarity didn't actually explain what she wanted to do or something. I had similar problems with Applejack's video short, where Rarity barely seemed to care about the project. I think the writers want us to think they're closer than the other pairings, but it's never entirely made sense to me - I understand why they like each other in Equestria Girls, but if they started shouting at each other like in Friendship is Magic, it would feel like a natural evolution of everything else we've seen.

I think they have nothing in common, which would make their relationship interesting if they were only paired up every once in a while, but they are possibly the most common pairing in the show despite having the least potential. I just find it annoying that my least favourite pairing on the show gets the most attention.