Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Interest Check: Something involving Changelings?

Lektra Bolt

(edited)

I'd like to do an action adventure for changeling characters, both original recipe and reformed ones. Also any other characters who would enjoy this kind of thing 

It will somehow involve my own character: 

Chrissy is not Chrysalis, but also is. Please read the profile and watch the videos to understand, then come back to the profile to see how I frame it into my OC.

I don't have a concrete idea yet, so I'm doing a thread about whether or not people would like to do this and what kind of RP we could do

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd like us to craft an RP together, but I don't have a concrete idea, so I thought I'd see who/how many are interested, and do something we'd all like.

The only thing that I know for sure is I don't want a focus on Sol, unless that's really what the majority wants. I'd like this to be some kind of action adventure where a group of characters has reason to travel around the world, for a reason well decide together. I want there to be fighting, possible death (non gory obviously), and romance is allowed. They'd probably grow closer together as friends, but it would be during doing difficult things

Call in anyone you think might like to do something with Changelings 

Speaking of which, @Will Guide, would you like to be involved? 

A couple of notes I'd like to make.

Chrissy and Chrysalis both exist, and as of this writing Season 9 is still ongoing. If original Chrysalis gets reformed by the end, there will still be two of them. Mine is a distinct character, they just have similar origins. As of this writing, they'd definitely hate each other:D

Chrissy is relatively well known as a background pony in Ponyville. She tries to stay out of the public eye and has a job, but I haven't decided what it is yet. So ponies know her, but not who or what she is. Twilight and Starlight could optionally be treating her problem with having too much Dark Magic in her body so they'd know her, but in secret. As far as the sisters go, Luna obviously knows of her existence, but Celestia most likely doesn't

Because I like to mention this for fun, Lektra exists in this setting. Probably won't be doing anything though. She's too busy working on new designs and stalking Twi to care about changeling shenanigans :toldya:

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Will Guide said:

@Lektra Bolt

Your profile on Chrissy hard to read, but I suppose I could ask her in-character her story at some point, right?

Yeah I'm very sorry about that. The profiles are still really broken. I believe I've sent you her story in PM if you haven't deleted that one, as well as the videos. If you think it would be useful to all, I can copy and paste the pertinent information into a spoiler?

And yes definitely, she loves meeting and interacting with others. It's a bit traumatic to talk about her background though, so you'd have to coax it out of her :adorkable:

Everyone is free to suggest ideas. I'll formulate an opening plot out of what we come up with. Would you actually like it centered on Chrissy? I had thought she would be more of a participant although I'd still be GM

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so being that it's been more than a week that anyone has expressed interest, I'm going to bring this up one time to see if anyone just isn't noticing it who might be interested, then forget it

I'd also like to say I'll probably be planning something on my own, but it will take a while. I had hoped I could find a group of people who would like to craft a changeling based RP together instead of just working on it alone, but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

9 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Ok so being that it's been more than a week that anyone has expressed interest, I'm going to bring this up one time to see if anyone just isn't noticing it who might be interested, then forget it

I'd also like to say I'll probably be planning something on my own, but it will take a while. I had hoped I could find a group of people who would like to craft a changeling based RP together instead of just working on it alone, but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well you've got two people interested, so there's a start. 

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well you've got two people interested, so there's a start. 

Yes or course, not ignoring you guys. Just unsure on my own where we should take this and was seeing if anyone else wanted to help out before I shelved it

What ideas do you have? All I know right now is I would like to do something with world travel and building friendships through characters overcoming hardships, but I also realize that's way too general and I don't really have concrete ideas

We could maybe go a bit darker than the show 🤔

Edited by Lektra Bolt

We could do something regarding the identity of the Changeling race as a whole. With the ousting of Chrysalis and the rise of Thorax, many changelings may be uncertain of their future and are lost as to what it means to be one. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

We could do something regarding the identity of the Changeling race as a whole. With the ousting of Chrysalis and the rise of Thorax, many changelings may be uncertain of their future and are lost as to what it means to be one. 

What if Chrissy has been helping some fit in in Ponyville? Keeps telling them she's not Chrysalis and they don't believe her, so they keep following her around like a gang? Too used to being ordered around, can't think for themselves. It brings some trouble, but what would prompt a world travel quest?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

4 hours ago, Quinch said:

I'd be interested in changelings.

What ideas do you have, or would you rather hang back and keep an eye on the thread while we deliberate? Either is good. I'm pretty open

@Lektra Bolt Oooh! Me, me! *raises hand* I have two changeling characters. Mariposa is reformed, Cicada is not. I haven't updated their profiles tho, cuz of the rework.

She doesn't accept Thorax as the new Hive leader and is basically an outcast.

Mariposa used to be a spy for the Hive but reformed. Her new form is pink, grey and mauve.

If you have any questions, please ask. I am itching to update their profiles but sadly must wait for the rework.

5 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Lektra Bolt Oooh! Me, me! *raises hand* I have two changeling characters. Mariposa is reformed, Cicada is not. I haven't updated their profiles tho, cuz of the rework.

She doesn't accept Thorax as the new Hive leader and is basically an outcast.

Mariposa used to be a spy for the Hive but reformed. Her new form is pink, grey and mauve.

If you have any questions, please ask. I am itching to update their profiles but sadly must wait for the rework.

Oh :yay: you're in. I don't think either profile would be an issue. I'll take a look and get back to you if I don't like something and we'll discuss it. If I don't say anything specific, assume no news is good news. In the meantime, make yourself at home. I'm open to ideas. The RP will be more fun if we're all involved crafting what we want it to be

The idea I have is.....let's just say very lacking, which is why I'm looking for help

Also yea waiting for the new system as well. I had time to redo Chrissy but my namesake really needs the new system 😔

On 6/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, Lektra Bolt said:

What ideas do you have, or would you rather hang back and keep an eye on the thread while we deliberate? Either is good. I'm pretty open 

Well, I don't have any changeling characters now, but I can whip one up to fill out whatever role the RP is missing.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:07 AM, Lektra Bolt said:

I'd like to do an action adventure for changeling characters, both original recipe and reformed ones. Also any other characters who would enjoy this kind of thing 

It will somehow involve my own character: 

The one above is no longer current, ignore it please

Chrissy is not Chrysalis, but also is. Please read the profile and watch the videos to understand, then come back to the profile to see how I frame it into my OC. Sorry for the broken profiles, that's out of my hands. The best you can do is grab the links in the profile and watch the videos

I don't have a concrete idea yet, so I'm doing a thread about whether or not people would like to do this and what kind of RP we could do

So I literally just created my account like an hour ago here. Anyways if it’s alright I’d be interested in whatever you guys come up with if I could join. To be honest I don’t have any oc’s but if you wanted I could just come up with one. Or I thought I could be a canon character.

5 hours ago, Turiel said:

So I literally just created my account like an hour ago here. Anyways if it’s alright I’d be interested in whatever you guys come up with if I could join. To be honest I don’t have any oc’s but if you wanted I could just come up with one. Or I thought I could be a canon character.

Sure, you are welcome to join us to suggest ideas. We're brainstorming and it's going slow

7 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Sure, you are welcome to join us to suggest ideas. We're brainstorming and it's going slow

Ah okay cool. So is me playing as a canon character fine or should I create an oc?

3 minutes ago, Turiel said:

Ah okay cool. So is me playing as a canon character fine or should I create an oc?

That depends on what we all decide. It's a bit too early and I'm not really sure what everyone wants to see yet

6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

That depends on what we all decide. It's a bit too early and I'm not really sure what everyone wants to see yet

Okay fair enough. I’ll just keep track of what’s going on here then.