Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Finding the Magic (Thoughs on the special)

Sherem

Title says it all. I just saw the "Finding the magic" song and video and I want to know everybody's (everypony's) opinion if had watched as well. Considering the Dazzlings where the most popular EG girls at the time and seeing them come back.

So, I really liked the song and animation and although the clothes where just added coats on top of their originals...there is some story in there, now I don't complain even if the girls turn out to be "reformed" and turned into good. But damn the music and the singing were AWESOME.

What do everybody (everypony) think?

So this is what happened to them after the events of Rainbow Rocks... five years after the fact. At least it's better than nothing I suppose. I do appreciate what this song represents in terms of how they've been coping since losing their Equestrian magic and have accepted what their lives have become.

It wasn't what I expected from the sirens, but it was a good song. It is implying that they reformed, are they going to do something with it? Is there supposed to be some special with the sirens? I sure hope so, they were by far the best antagonists in the EG run by far so far, it would be a shame to reform them in a 2 minute video without further explanation or exploration. 

I hope I'm wrong about this, but to me the short felt like they hadn't planned on showing the Dazzlings again and suddenly put together something fast to please all the fans who asked for their return.

46 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I hope I'm wrong about this, but to me the short felt like they hadn't planned on showing the Dazzlings again and suddenly put together something fast to please all the fans who asked for their return.

I’m pretty sure they do. All points out an adaptation of the Starswirl Do-Over book

(edited)

It was really bad.  The new outfits were really cool, but that doesn't matter.  The quality of the music video is what matters, and it was really vague.  Maybe that was their intention, but it was still too vague for my taste, like, are they reformed, or are they just figuring out how to use magic in a different way?  Also, this song feels a lot different than the other songs they've sung before, again more vague, but also lighter and softer and higher.  Also, since when did they get their pendents back or learn to sing really well without the working pendents?  I honestly do not trust the writers enough at this point to give the Dazzlings a proper redemption or even to not reform them, because the writers just love snapshot redemption don't they?  I'm worried that the writers won't do the Dazzlings justice in their next appearance if they do appear again, which would be a real shame, because not including this short they are one of my three favorite villains of MLP.  Another thing, in this short, all the elements that made the Dazzlings fun were gone, I want to see them not in a music video so that we can see their fun-ness.  One thing that wasn't a problem to me was the setup, I honestly didn't mind that we didn't see their journey, because obviously time passed and on second thought I don't actually know what I assumed, but it was something that kept that fact from bugging me.  Also, this was yet another example of fan-pandering.  When will you stop, Hasbro?!

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight
  • Brohoof 1