Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E12 - The Last Crusade

Lucky Bolt
Message added by Jeric

IMPORTANT: Will the recent confirmation from show staff regarding receiving Hasbro approval for characters who will be appearing in this show, I would like to remind people to keep it civil, and be mindful of the other individuals on the other end of the screen. 

Oh, and there will be spoilers in this thread. Be warned. 

The Last Crusade  

91 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think!

• Scootaloo gag face - Hated it!
    • "Squawk! Look—I'm a chicken!" - Not a fan
    • "I am not a chicken, and episode was okay I guess." - Okay
    • 'Get Your Pony On'! - Liked it
    • "Crikey! Bloody good time mate!" - Loved it
  2. 2. Favorite Elements

• Characters
    • Continuity
    • Acting
    • Story
    • Humor
    • Animation
    • Moral

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Another great episode of Season 9.
I’ve been waiting so long for this: Scootaloo’s family finally on screen! I think it’s really great that Lauren Faust’s word about Scoot’s mom and dad having very demanding jobs were confirmed, and they made it as cool as it can be! Although I think it would have been better if their introduced her family members (at least her aunts) to the show earlier, seeing them now is still satisfying.
The story was pretty interesting, they almost convinced me that Scootaloo is indeed moving away. But I’m glad that it all turned out fine.
But the best element of the episode for me was the appreciation of CMC and the display of their accomplishments well-suited for The Last Crusade. They’ve come a long way, and did many great things, and it should be celebrated.  

'tia does it better, but I don't think the world is ready for Alicorn Crusaders quite yet :D

On 6/13/2019 at 5:42 AM, Anti-Villain said:

Welp, another popular headcanon debunked:

Hide contents

Scootaloo's not an orphan after all.

Well, that's okay since Scootaloo being an orphan confused me since her parents didn't appear in the other seasons :)

Just now, Writer Rhyme said:

Well, that's okay since Scootaloo being an orphan confused me since her family didn't appear in the other seasons :)

Scootaloo: [sighs] Me. Growing up, I never thought I'd be the best at anything, because nopony ever told me.

For all these years, Scootaloo's parents just did nothing to cheer her up. They may be the badass couple ever but as parents, they are terrible. Worst parents so far.:glimmer:

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Scootaloo: [sighs] Me. Growing up, I never thought I'd be the best at anything, because nopony ever told me.

For all these years, Scootaloo's parents just did nothing to cheer her up. They may be the badass couple ever but as parents, they are terrible. Worst parents so far.:glimmer:

Yeah. Even Diamond Tiara's parents were better; Her father has been trying to get her to integrate into the Ponyville herd for years, and her mother, while domineering (and wrong), was at least trying to help her daughter achieve a higher social status.

Her aunts are clearly nice and caring though, despite the fact this is the first time we have seen them in nine seasons....

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Yeah. Even Diamond Tiara's parents were better; Her father has been trying to get her to integrate into the Ponyville herd for years, and her mother, while domineering (and wrong), was at least trying to help her daughter achieve a higher social status.

Her aunts are clearly nice and caring though, despite the fact this is the first time we have seen them in nine seasons....

It's hard for me to accept Spoiled Milk is lesser evil here...

Now Scootaloo's aunts will take care of her, mentally and now physically. The parents don't have to do anything now, just focus to their truest daughter, THEIR CAREER.:glimmer: They learned nothing! People says Scootaloo going with them will be more realistic conclusion but I prefer my fantasy with Scootaloo being adopted by more precious parents: Bow Hothoof & Windy Whistles. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Sad, but true.  And Filthy rich isn't as bad as she is, of course.

31 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Now Scootaloo's aunts will take care of her, mentally and now physically. The parents don't have to do anything now, just focus to their truest daughter, THEIR CAREER.:glimmer: They learned nothing! People says Scootaloo going with them will be more realistic conclusion but I prefer my fantasy with Scootaloo being adopted by more precious parents: Bow Hothoof & Windy Whistles. :twi:

More curious to see what Dashie does now she doesn't "have to" foalsit Scoots every weekend...

15 hours ago, KH7672 said:

medium.png

Oh for watching once, so there was Diamond Tiara. Yes I think some small conversation between her and CMCs would have been better, since she was not seen or speaking since seasons ago (than crying for a minute or two in the episode).

(edited)

There was no lesson. There was no moral. Scoot just got what she wanted. Usually the show is good at having a decent moral or life lesson wrapped up in the 30 min slice of life story. Kids move, their parents have work and take them with. But this, I dunno. The episode was fun, but basically a fan fic. It also makes so little sense to me because this is the last season of MLP. Having a lesson about moving away, but still keeping in contact is a good growing up send off. However, her parents were kinda really bad at the whole parenting thing. I dunno. The show doesn't like admitting to death, even though AJ and Apple Blooms parents are clearly deadaroony, but hamfisting them in just because was weird.

Anyone else get vibes that the aunts were together? I usually don't have any form of gaydar or even consider it, but this one felt like they wanted that to be the case, but with out explicitly saying it by having each aunt be related to one of the parents respectively. Which is pretty cool if that's the case. I know everyone thinks Rainbow is one, but this one felt more like a relationship proper.

Side question, where as Scootaloo even been living this whole time? I forgot and it wasn't shown very often. I thought it was with the Cakes, but I'm not sure.

Her getting adopted by her aunts would of made much more sense had her parents been outright crappy people beyond the obvious that work matters more than their kid problem. My partner thought they were gonna be scam artists and that she was idolizing them when talking about what they do. Much like with the Spikes "dad" episode. That would of been a fantastic lesson actually, because not everyone has decent parents. Probably a bit too real though for the show.

Edited by Sinvanor
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
4 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

I suggest you read "Best adopted filly" on fimfic".

3 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Sad, but true.  And Filthy rich isn't as bad as she is, of course.

More curious to see what Dashie does now she doesn't "have to" foalsit Scoots every weekend...

I doubt it'll change anything as I've said Dash has practically adopted her anyway and its obviously because she cares not because she considers it a duty.

1 hour ago, Sinvanor said:

There was no lesson. There was no moral. Scoot just got what she wanted. Usually the show is good at having a decent moral or life lesson wrapped up in the 30 min slice of life story. Kids move, their parents have work and take them with. But this, I dunno. The episode was fun, but basically a fan fic. It also makes so little sense to me because this is the last season of MLP. Having a lesson about moving away, but still keeping in contact is a good growing up send off. However, her parents were kinda really bad at the whole parenting thing. I dunno. The show doesn't like admitting to death, even though AJ and Apple Blooms parents are clearly deadaroony, but hamfisting them in just because was weird.

Anyone else get vibes that the aunts were together? I usually don't have any form of gaydar or even consider it, but this one felt like they wanted that to be the case, but with out explicitly saying it by having each aunt be related to one of the parents respectively. Which is pretty cool if that's the case. I know everyone thinks Rainbow is one, but this one felt more like a relationship proper.

Side question, where as Scootaloo even been living this whole time? I forgot and it wasn't shown very often. I thought it was with the Cakes, but I'm not sure.

Her getting adopted by her aunts would of made much more sense had her parents been outright crappy people beyond the obvious that work matters more than their kid problem. My partner thought they were gonna be scam artists and that she was idolizing them when talking about what they do. Much like with the Spikes "dad" episode. That would of been a fantastic lesson actually, because not everyone has decent parents. Probably a bit too real though for the show.

Problem with parents move, kids follow is that the Crusaders have been shown as old enough to effectively be running their own business successfully enough for adults to take them seriously and word to reach other countries in a culture that has no internet. In real world terms they'd be 16 old enough to leave school and work to support themselves but are instead doing it part time during school term and full time in vacations while finishing year 11/12/colledge to increase their ability to do this. So there's an argument her parents couldn't force her if she truly stood and said "No I'm not going."

Her aunts have been confirmed by Hasbro as being a lesbian couple officially.

Scootaloo has apparently been living in a house (that her parents sold in 3-4 day's and may have been in the process of doing so BEFORE even telling her) where Ponyville has been sending a rotating stream of caretakers to check in on her (Aunts, Cakes, Rarity, Dash, Me :pinkie:). It's her home and apparently her parents owned it but the only one permanently living there was her. Blast it that girl needs a proper caregiver rather than a caretaker.

The worst part is you see from the way she talks she's internalized the message that her parents job is more important than her. She loves them but she just accepts that she has to take second place to work. Someone hug that filly.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

Just gonna repost what I said somewhere else

It was a great episode, but I do have an issue with Scootaloo’s parents, in that I think they they got scared and really played it safe with Scootaloo’s parents. I mean, I guess they didn’t want to portray them as neglectful parents that Scootaloo didn’t really like, as they probably don’t think the show was suited for that, but given they kind of did allude to that in past episodes like Parental Glideance, which kind of sets up child neglect, it just feels like a missed opportunity, and it’s really weird to see Scootaloo completely admire her parents while still making it well known that they haven’t been around for most of her life. I mean it’s clear that they love her, and I get they wanted them to be amazing people but it’s hard to relate. Not to mention, you could still have them be good people that love their daughter and still be bad parents, Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4 is a good example of this. 

Honestly, they may be good people, but let's be real they're pretty shitty parents. To me her aunts are more of her parents, same with RD's parents, and even RD herself

Issues aside I still think it's a good episode. If this is the last CMC episode, it's a pretty good last outing for them

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, This Whomps said:

Just gonna repost what I said somewhere else

Honestly, they may be good people, but let's be real they're pretty shitty parents. To me her aunts are more of her parents, same with RD's parents, and even RD herself

Issues aside I still think it's a good episode. If this is the last CMC episode, it's a pretty good last outing for them

For real. 

Well, this has to be one of the best episodes I've seen come out of either Season 9 or the whole series itself. Not only do we get to see Scootaloo's parents at long last, but also her two aunts as well. Honestly, the lesson here is pretty clear. While Scootaloo's parents wanted to have her move away from Ponyville to live with them while they are working their jobs as explorers, looking for rare and interesting creatures to catch and research, Scootaloo did not want to leave Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle and break up the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Luckily, with a little help from Rainbow Dash, the rest of the Mane Six, the Student Six, Starlight, Mayor Mare, Trouble Shoes, Bulk Biceps, Starlight, Babs Seed, Gabby, and more, Scootaloo's parents are convinced to let Scootaloo stay in Ponyville with her aunts, but would visit her when they could, allowing the Crusaders to remain together.

I don't think I have much else to say about this episode. A perfect 10/10 from me as my final rating for the episode.

9 hours ago, Senko said:

I doubt it'll change anything as I've said Dash has practically adopted her anyway and its obviously because she cares not because she considers it a duty.

Yeah, and Dashie won't want to lose that - but she is good at pretending she doesn't care about stuff like that, so curious how she will achieve her goal now she doesn't "have" to...

9 hours ago, Senko said:

The worst part is you see from the way she talks she's internalized the message that her parents job is more important than her. She loves them but she just accepts that she has to take second place to work. Someone hug that filly.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if her flight disfunction is psychological (after all, it seems Futters' is) and her parents treating her like this would seem a reasonable reason for it.

9 hours ago, This Whomps said:

I guess they didn’t want to portray them as neglectful parents

And yet clearly they are portrayed that way - which makes it even more painful to see how Scoots loves them and wants their approval.

(edited)
1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

Yeah, and Dashie won't want to lose that - but she is good at pretending she doesn't care about stuff like that, so curious how she will achieve her goal now she doesn't "have" to...

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if her flight disfunction is psychological (after all, it seems Futters' is) and her parents treating her like this would seem a reasonable reason for it.

And yet clearly they are portrayed that way - which makes it even more painful to see how Scoots loves them and wants their approval.

Which is why I said it might be better if she were an orphan. As an orphan she'd be adopted and loved by a pony who's there but this... There's no way anyone's taking her away from parents that clearly do love her, see to her physical needs and are loved in return, doing so would probably make things worse as both parties obviously mean a huge deal to each other. There's nothing here to justify taking her away from them which is going to leave her in the situation of being second place to her parents job because its "so important".

Even in this "Look we can be together after we found out about all these bad things happening." she's still second place because they're not finding work in Ponyville to be with her they're taking her to Shire Lanka so she can be with them and their jobs but don't worry there's a train every month so her friends can still visit as long as they can get a month spare to spend in Shire Lanka before taking the next train back. They only give her a weekend to pack up and go even selling the house (which is a topic i've already raised elsewhere and had people say yes things can be sold that fast though its unlikely). I mean seriously if Dash hadn't shown up and she'd gone with them her aunts would have shown up next week only to ask the ponies now living there where their neice is. Seriously that's a really bad message to be sending. Epsecially since they state that give her a weekeend to completely abandon her entire life with plans they obviously know nothing about as if its a generous gift she should be grateful for. I don't dislike them as ponies but they're not good parents, at least now when she's what 16ish? she'll have her aunts on a permanent basis but she needed someone when she was younger. I know Pinkie works fast but the fact remains neither her aunts nor her parents were there at her Cutecenera one of the most important events in a ponies life. On a non-canon note my current timeline (halfway through season 7) is now up to 5 years so for me she's been living with a string of random pony caretakers for 5 years just on the show runtime (which is canon as opposed to my previous head canon of her living with her aunts offscreen). I know she's fiction but I'm still tempted to write a fanfic of another aunt say a younger sister of her mother who was the towns librarian and has been on a paid sabatical for awhile now (cough, princess override, cough) who's been living with her and taking care of her properly or one of a pony taking this rare visit as a chance to verbally tear strips off their flank.

I'm sure Dash will find some excuse. A part of me pictures something like this Embarassing Reading. or her "I need a sports massage" attempt at the spa. I can see her arranging a thunderstorm localised on Scootaloo's house and knocking on the door "Hey kid its raining pretty heavily mind of a crash here for the night?"

Her flight problems are pretty clearly indicated to be phsyical but I can see this impacting that too all else aside did Lofty or whoever was caretaker at the time show her how a pegasus flies? Is Dash assuming her family would be doing that for her? Is it an unconcious cry for someone to help and be there for her? Personally I think it is physical but then again Bulk's wings are relatively smaller for his size than hers and he can fly even if not well so there's that doubt there.

Edited by Senko

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

The biggest problem of this ep is they trying to sugar-coat the parents's actions. If Scootaloo looks up to them, she should mention them at least once in the past 8 seasons not fangirling RD all over the place. This retcon requires your suspension of disbelief.:dry: This ep is just getting worse everytime i think about it. :confused: 

Season 9 so far is a decent season but as a season to wrap thing up, season 9 is a lackluster finale. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

The biggest problem of this ep is they trying to sugar-coat the parents's actions. If Scootaloo looks up to them, she should mention them at least once in the past 8 seasons not fangirling RD all over the place. This retcon requires your suspension of disbelief.:dry: This ep is just getting worse everytime i think about it. :confused: 

Season 9 so far is a decent season but as a season to wrap thing up, season 9 is a lackluster finale. 

My theory is that it wasn't "Yay my parents are amazing" but rather "YAY MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO SPEND TIME WITH ME!!!!" that was going through her head. It was a brief moment that made her feel validated and important to them. She know's their work is important but its not cool or amazing like Rainbow Dash. However this time they are putting that important work aside. That they are coming to Ponyville to be with her after who know's how many years. That they are finally going to spend time with her. This is what got her so giddy and excited. The idea that now finally she is more important than their work and she can tell all her friends how important that work is, how dangerous, how its still not as important as HER the flightless pegasus filly who's still plagued by that quiet doubt did they leave her behind because she isn't good enough.

Then they tell her she's got one weekend to pack up and abandon her life before they all go to a remote location so her parents can still continue their important work but maybe have a bit of time to spend with her as well.

Like I said I want to tear strips off their flank for this.

Edited by Senko

1 hour ago, Senko said:

Her flight problems are pretty clearly indicated to be phsyical

I don't remember that ever being shown, but of course my memory isn't infallible; if you compare to (for example) Bulk Biceps' rather small wings, there doesn't seem to be a physical reason Scoots can't fly - plus of course Pegasus Wingpower is a form of pony magic, as their wings couldn't possibly lift even a slim pony against gravity, never mind (for example) a fully laiden cart or moving lorry...

I don't think it would simply be a matter of training though, as no doubt Dashie has tried to improve her flight ability before now.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I don't remember that ever being shown, but of course my memory isn't infallible; if you compare to (for example) Bulk Biceps' rather small wings, there doesn't seem to be a physical reason Scoots can't fly - plus of course Pegasus Wingpower is a form of pony magic, as their wings couldn't possibly lift even a slim pony against gravity, never mind (for example) a fully laiden cart or moving lorry...

I don't think it would simply be a matter of training though, as no doubt Dashie has tried to improve her flight ability before now.

It hasn't been stated just the impression I get from her being able to manage short flight or use them to increase her speed on her scooter. To me that came across as more something physically lacking (either they're too small, don't have enough magic or she's just trying too hard) than something mental. With Fluttershy we see her wings clamp to her sides when she panics or gets scared but Scootaloo is flapping harder than Dash does just to hover and we've seen plenty of Toddler ponies flying fine. My personal theory is that she has something wrong with the magic she needs to channel to fly as like you said Bulk's are smaller proportionally. We also know not all unicorns are equally capable magically. Though I suppose that could be an issue with not being trained or some deep seated issue that's not been addressed. Dash is a great flyer but her teaching is harder to judge. We know she picked up on Sky Stinger's issues quickly but she might not realize a filly is having trouble flying because of some mental trauma. Then again maybe she does and that's why she's so confident Scootaloo will fly one day because she know's its all in her head.

On another hoof I've read some good fanfics where Fluttershy is better able to teach Scootaloo because she needs to work at flying and is aware of basic fundamentals that Dash isn't because to her its pure instinct. She doesn't need to know how the wind flows around mountains she feels it.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Senko said:

It hasn't been stated just the impression I get from her being able to manage short flight or use them to increase her speed on her scooter. To me that came across as more something physically lacking (either they're too small, don't have enough magic or she's just trying too hard) than something mental. With Fluttershy we see her wings clamp to her sides when she panics or gets scared but Scootaloo is flapping harder than Dash does just to hover and we've seen plenty of Toddler ponies flying fine. My personal theory is that she has something wrong with the magic she needs to channel to fly as like you said Bulk's are smaller proportionally. We also know not all unicorns are equally capable magically. Though I suppose that could be an issue with not being trained or some deep seated issue that's not been addressed. Dash is a great flyer but her teaching is harder to judge. We know she picked up on Sky Stinger's issues quickly but she might not realize a filly is having trouble flying because of some mental trauma. Then again maybe she does and that's why she's so confident Scootaloo will fly one day because she know's its all in her head.

On another hoof I've read some good fanfics where Fluttershy is better able to teach Scootaloo because she needs to work at flying and is aware of basic fundamentals that Dash isn't because to her its pure instinct. She doesn't need to know how the wind flows around mountains she feels it.

Yeah; the sad thing though really is - Scoots is disabled because the narrative required it, so it isn't going to be "fixed". Surf and/or Turf was heartbreaking though, when she found out she could "fly" underwater, and sweetiebelle, instead of being happy for her, just wanted to get back to the grass.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, Senko said:

You know on thinking about that sold sign some more it means one of three things.

1) Lofty and Holiday managed to buy the nieces home without realizing what they were purchasing or telling her.

2) The Ponyville housing market is so busy a place can be listed, moved out of and sold within 3-4 day's.

3) Scootaloo's parents were in the process of selling her home out from under her without telling her. Even if they were confident she'd move to Shire Lanka with them what happens if the buyer showed up and told their daughter "Oh hi filly I'm just inspecting the house I'm buying." How do they think she'd react to that?

Even so it feels out of place to me this isn't tied in to anything else. Its not some visting guest pony or the like its the father and aunt of a main character who has no traces of said accent. Which admitedly does make sense considering they've apparently just been leaving her in the care of strangers her entire life.

I get the need for some adult supervision its just why the cakes don't think of them as the loving, responsable adults we know them to be from the show think of them in regards to their relationship to Scootaloo. They are looking after the friend of the sister of a friend of their live in employee when they have 2 younger foals of their own.  Unless there's some offscreen relationship between them and Scootaloo's family (such as Holiday being Mrs Cake's sister) why are they taking care of her? It just feels to me like no one in Scootaloo's immediate family really cares (in the sense of bandaging her when she falls or reading her to bed at night) for her. Sure we get shown hugs and tears and praise but the simple fact is her parents have not been around for long enough she gets distracted in school at the idea of a visit and her aunts are happy leaving her in the care of the employee's of a friend of a sister of a friend of hers, the sister of a friend (not I note Sweetie's parents) and an adoptive big sister while they vanish off to another town till next week. Sure they don't have to give up their lives for a niece but how long has this rotating care giver been going on for Scootaloo? Why is she living in Ponyville when its obviously not her parents home (they're always travelling the world) or her aunts home (they live elsewhere). When did her parents buy this house to leave their filly in and has this been her entire life to this point (It would explain a lot about her attitude)?

It also ties into the Crusader age issue are they young enough to have show and tell in school or are they old enough to be effecitvely running their own job and in one case living alone for all intents and purposes.

I know many kids of immigrants and the parents having an accent while the kid does not actually happens a lot more than you might think. I know many people from India and Mexico who have their native gorgeous accent but their kids have an American accent because they were immersed in U.S English language sounds. I even know one family where the parents and one sibling have southern accents but the kids born after the family moved north have northern U.S accents. Scootaloo's mom does not have an Australian accent so it makes sense Scootaloo does not as more language tends to be picked up from the mom in the womb and into childhood. Plus Scootaloo is definitely not around them enough to pick up an accent as far as I can tell.

As for the living situation I think the aunts spend a lot of time with Scoot but have to go home once in a while to check their own house and have a rotation in place for those times. I can imagine the aunts being close with the Cakes but I agree it is a bit convoluted of a set up.  

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned

This was an amazing episode, and my favorite part of the episode was when Scootaloo's aunts and the CMC decided to throw Scoot's parent's excuse for why they can't stay in Ponyville right back at them for why Scootaloo can't leave Ponyville.  Scootaloo's aunts are just. . . the best.

The episode was pretty good and a nice "wrap up" for the CMC and their kind of story arc in the series.  Granted, I feel there could have been a bit more to it but *shrug*  Dunno why I've been thinking of that so often with these episodes.  I do like the part at the end where the town does the 'CMC Appreciation' day thing.  Though part of me thinks it should have been more an episode where the CMC split up because they don't think they're needed anymore... but then I think that was already an episode already.  But still... would have been a bit more fun of a wrap-up.

there was one other thing... With the Aunts.  First was this the first time we've seen them?  Honestly been long enough since I've marathoned the series that I can't remember.  But, if so, are those two married?  I mean, I don't think it's strange for siblings to live together, but then the Redhead said: "My brother" to the blue haired one.  So it just makes me wonder.

Also, I noticed that Scootaloo's mother has that "Long leg-itis" thing, which always makes me wonder if that's an 'age' thing or just like something that some ponies have.

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, JCKane said:

The episode was pretty good and a nice "wrap up" for the CMC and their kind of story arc in the series.  Granted, I feel there could have been a bit more to it but *shrug*  Dunno why I've been thinking of that so often with these episodes.  I do like the part at the end where the town does the 'CMC Appreciation' day thing.  Though part of me thinks it should have been more an episode where the CMC split up because they don't think they're needed anymore... but then I think that was already an episode already.  But still... would have been a bit more fun of a wrap-up.

there was one other thing... With the Aunts.  First was this the first time we've seen them?  Honestly been long enough since I've marathoned the series that I can't remember.  But, if so, are those two married?  I mean, I don't think it's strange for siblings to live together, but then the Redhead said: "My brother" to the blue haired one.  So it just makes me wonder.

Also, I noticed that Scootaloo's mother has that "Long leg-itis" thing, which always makes me wonder if that's an 'age' thing or just like something that some ponies have.

Yes the aunts are probably married, Hasbro has appraently (I've not seen the article myself) confirmed that they are a couple but I don't know if Scootaloo just refers to Lofty as "aunt" in the same way some people are an honory relative or if they're actually officially married.

I think the long legs are just genetic not age related as we see so few of them.

• Brohoof 1