Lucky Bolt

S09:E12 - The Last Crusade

Jeric

IMPORTANT: Will the recent confirmation from show staff regarding receiving Hasbro approval for characters who will be appearing in this show, I would like to remind people to keep it civil, and be mindful of the other individuals on the other end of the screen. 

 

Oh, and there will be spoilers in this thread. Be warned. 

Message added by Jeric

The Last Crusade  

47 members have voted

  1. 1. What did you think!

    • Scootaloo gag face - Hated it!
      4
    • "Squawk! Look—I'm a chicken!" - Not a fan
      4
    • "I am not a chicken, and episode was okay I guess." - Okay
      1
    • 'Get Your Pony On'! - Liked it
      16
    • "Crikey! Bloody good time mate!" - Loved it
      22
  2. 2. Favorite Elements

    • Characters
      32
    • Continuity
      20
    • Acting
      12
    • Story
      13
    • Humor
      6
    • Animation
      11
    • Moral
      9


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Senko said:

Hmmmmm . . . with the alteration Dash got added to the roster after she "adopted" Scootaloo I can believe this.

Sure; as scoot's "big sister and mentor" she is probably on every weekend now, while I would assume the cakes only have to do a night every few weeks.  Can totally see Dashie going for that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Sure; as scoot's "big sister and mentor" she is probably on every weekend now, while I would assume the cakes only have to do a night every few weeks.  Can totally see Dashie going for that :)

As I've said in other threads one of the few times we see her voluntarily walking rather than flying is when Scootaloo is scared and she's trying to make her feel safe by putting a wing over her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Senko said:

As I've said in other threads one of the few times we see her voluntarily walking rather than flying is when Scootaloo is scared and she's trying to make her feel safe by putting a wing over her.

Indeed. On the very, VERY few occasions she puts her ego aside, it is usually to care for Scoots.

16 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

>Starlight being the one to apologize to Discord despite doing nothing wrong the entire episode 

I disagree;

Glimglam certainly took a sensible approach, and possibly the same approach Twilight or Celestia would have taken. Pretty much everything in the episode was either Discord's doing or a consequence of Discord's actions, even Twi's attitude towards Discord (no doubt a major factor in why he wasn't asked to help at the School) are a result of Discord's own actions.

However, she isn't Twi or Celly - she is Starlight Glimmer, a pony whose role as councellor almost certainly stems from Twi's understanding that she needs to work on her Empathy skills, and here, she failed, and that is WHERE she failed; the whole thing could have been headed off at the pass had she understood earlier why Discord was doing these things, and she was ignoring Spike's advice (where by now she should have learned to listen very carefully to what the dragon tells her) to do so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Another great episode of Season 9.
I’ve been waiting so long for this: Scootaloo’s family finally on screen! I think it’s really great that Lauren Faust’s word about Scoot’s mom and dad having very demanding jobs were confirmed, and they made it as cool as it can be! Although I think it would have been better if their introduced her family members (at least her aunts) to the show earlier, seeing them now is still satisfying.
The story was pretty interesting, they almost convinced me that Scootaloo is indeed moving away. But I’m glad that it all turned out fine.
But the best element of the episode for me was the appreciation of CMC and the display of their accomplishments well-suited for The Last Crusade. They’ve come a long way, and did many great things, and it should be celebrated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Another great episode of Season 9.
I’ve been waiting so long for this: Scootaloo’s family finally on screen! I think it’s really great that Lauren Faust’s word about Scoot’s mom and dad having very demanding jobs were confirmed, and they made it as cool as it can be! Although I think it would have been better if their introduced her family members (at least her aunts) to the show earlier, seeing them now is still satisfying.
The story was pretty interesting, they almost convinced me that Scootaloo is indeed moving away. But I’m glad that it all turned out fine.
But the best element of the episode for me was the appreciation of CMC and the display of their accomplishments well-suited for The Last Crusade. They’ve come a long way, and did many great things, and it should be celebrated.  

'tia does it better, but I don't think the world is ready for Alicorn Crusaders quite yet :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.